Space Mountain closed for the remainder of the evening

IcicleM

Original Poster
A friend of mine currently in the Magic Kingdom was just told by a cast member that Space Mountain is closed for the remainder of the night

Tom

Beta Return
A friend of mine currently in the Magic Kingdom was just told by a cast member that Space Mountain is closed for the remainder of the night

It went down again tonight, sometime before 6:00pm, and stayed down. Bummer because we had FastPasses to use (our first time to ride since the refurb).

the-reason14

Oh yea, they need to get it in working order. I will be arriving very soon, and havent been on the best space mt. since last march. Im overdue because the DL one didnt do anything for me. Hopefully everything is in working order when Im there.

Tom

Beta Return
Any news on why?
Hope it's up and running as normal for our trip very soon!

There wasn't even a CM there to shoo people away. It was just dark with chains up across the queue entrances. All the digital clocks (wait time, fastpass) were dark/off...not even lit with the dashes like when FastPass is gone. The area was dark-ish and I can't remember if the sign was even lit. Very odd and creepy.

Heck, I hope it's up Friday. That's when we'll be back at MK and will be my last chance to ride it until Feb 2011!

Andrew54

On our trip Dec 11-19, SM was always going down and being closed. Luckily we did end up riding it several times. I would have been very disapointed to not get to ride it after the refurb, as someone else mentioned.

MissM

Saturday evening the Standby line sign was broken. The wait time not only didn't show but it looked like someone hit it as the plastic panel where the time should be was askew and broken.

No idea how long the wait was because of the broken sign.

magicmaya

Saturday evening the Standby line sign was broken. The wait time not only didn't show but it looked like someone hit it as the plastic panel where the time should be was askew and broken.

Yeah, I was there Saturday and the sign was cracked. I took a picture of it. At 11pm, one of the CM's said the wait was 2 hours.:brick:

Tom

Beta Return

Hmmmm...maybe it wasn't down at all when we were there. Maybe all the signs were just broken. We didn't walk all the way up to the entrance because we saw 0 people and 0 signs or times. We merely assumed it was closed since it was dark and abandoned (like i said, not even a CM).

the-reason14

Oh well they need to fix these issues asap. If I dont get to ride it while Im there next week. Whoooo whewww, I dont know whats gonna happen. :fork::fork:

drmj1228

alright here it goes

Oh well they need to fix these issues asap. If I dont get to ride it while Im there next week. Whoooo whewww, I dont know whats gonna happen. :fork::fork:

alrite i can take it no longer!!! all of yall out there continually bashing the new spacec mtn and all...IT IS NEW!!! the ride system is getting used to itself so of course it going to go down but it is getting there...second all of you bashing the refurb...your lucky you even got what you got...the only ideas there was to improve the ride system for us CM's to prevent a thing that causes the ride to go down most of the time which is called a "cascade" which is not actually caused by the ride its caused by a chain of events that the guests of the mountain cause when they are not getting off in time...you are all entitled to your opinion and so am i so there it was...just think about how it is making us CM's feel when we look at something that you are bashing that was even lucky that it happened...oh and btw it was down on monday nite for the entire nite...just to confirm that for you

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
alrite i can take it no longer!!! all of yall out there continually bashing the new spacec mtn and all...IT IS NEW!!! the ride system is getting used to itself so of course it going to go down but it is getting there...second all of you bashing the refurb...your lucky you even got what you got...the only ideas there was to improve the ride system for us CM's to prevent a thing that causes the ride to go down most of the time which is called a "cascade" which is not actually caused by the ride its caused by a chain of events that the guests of the mountain cause when they are not getting off in time...you are all entitled to your opinion and so am i so there it was...just think about how it is making us CM's feel when we look at something that you are bashing that was even lucky that it happened...oh and btw it was down on monday nite for the entire nite...just to confirm that for you

Well, as your post was prefaced, "Discuss".

So WHY was it down? And why haven't the signs been fixed?

Tom

Beta Return

Wow. Calm down and use some punctuation, please.

What is "new" about the ride system? What is it "getting used to"? What went wrong Monday night that caused it to be down all night?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom