News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I'm going to need a disclaimer that lets me know I'm not actually going into space.

thanks.
WARNING! ACHTUNG!

Space 220 is a thrilling, turbulent, restaurant-type ride in the dark that includes hot beef, cold drinks, and saturated fats.

For your safety, you should be in good health and free from high blood pressure, heart, back or neck problems, diabetes, motion sickness, or other conditions that could be aggravated by this adventure.

Expectant mothers may ride, but are advised against ordering shellfish or undercooked meats.

Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

No swimming pool?

It looks good. I'm a fan of themed restaurants like Sci-Fi Dine In that offer a unique "only at Disney" experience and this fits the bill.

Only possible issue is that window seats will have far more appeal than others.
On the window seats yes and no. If different things are happening out each window you won't be able to see everything but what's going on right outside your window, and the effects may or may not look better from afar.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh, sure they have. I don't really subscribe to the notion that things were delayed primarily because of the 50th. That's obviously a reason, but it's probably the second or third reason in most cases.
They slow everything down now…if we’re honest

it just seems pretty obvious that when their bookings were wrecked for 2021…they punted on these things to milk later.

Phicinfan

They slow everything down now…if we’re honest

it just seems pretty obvious that when their bookings were wrecked for 2021…they punted on these things to milk later.
Not to defend disney, cause there is no defense, but it is an 18month party, why not have new things open throughout the event?

Getting Rat, Space 220(sept.ish) updated Jungle cruise and more.
Then in Spring of 2022 - get Tron, and maybe GotG. Later in 2022 you get finalized Play pavilion and maybe core for EPCOT completed.

Just sayin...

durangojim

No swimming pool?

It looks good. I'm a fan of themed restaurants like Sci-Fi Dine In that offer a unique "only at Disney" experience and this fits the bill.

Only possible issue is that window seats will have far more appeal than others.
Actually, with the window seats being close to the screens, they might not be the best ones. Seats farther away should have a more expansive and possibly immersive view.

Jabbas

I don’t think they are showing us the full effect until it opens. Possibly the lighting will be like it was in the concept art, the dining room lighting looks toned down. I expected it to be a brighter blue, kind like electric lighting. Also I’m getting zenon vibes, if you know you know. :)

EeyoreFan#24

I don’t think they are showing us the full effect until it opens. Possibly the lighting will be like it was in the concept art, the dining room lighting looks toned down. I expected it to be a brighter blue, kind like electric lighting. Also I’m getting zenon vibes, if you know you know. :)

I wonder if the lighting and windows will be all part of intermittent shows. Along the lines of rainforest.

G00fyDad

The 50th is an 18-month marketing campaign. If Tron isn't open by March 2023, we would have to have experienced some kind of international calamity closer to a world war than covid. Now, Guardians open by then ??? I almost need to be convinced.

I mean for the start of the 50th. It was meant to be done in time for that. I have very little doubt that it will be done before Fall 2022.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom