News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

deix15x8

On the window seats yes and no. If different things are happening out each window you won't be able to see everything but what's going on right outside your window, and the effects may or may not look better from afar.
Yep, that's how the Coral Reef Restaurant is. We had a seat on the second level and were initially disappointed to not be at a window, but quickly realized we had the best spot. We could easily see the fish swimming in any window and follow them as they moved around while those close to the window could only see a small section and missed most of what was out there. The tiered seating was key, without it the views wouldn't have been the same and the inside seats would certainly not have the same level of appeal.

Figments Friend

I will be at Epcot at the end of Sept and early October.

Interested to see how and when the reservations become available....and the pricing.
If the menu looks enticing and the rates are not too outrageous I might be motivated to give this a try.

-

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
It doesn't even look like that in the video. It looked completely stationary, almost like they were just pictures instead of screens.

Like I said, I doubt that's what it will actually be like or else there will be basically no draw to get people to eat there.
That's pretty much it. It's a large scale diaroma with projected effects. No screens in the general sense. At least, that's how I interpret it.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

That's pretty much it. It's a large scale diaroma with projected effects. No screens in the general sense. At least, that's how I interpret it.

Right -- I didn't really mean literal screens; I just meant actual effects via projection or otherwise. I believe there's supposed to be some simulated motion which would involve some kind of continual effects.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Get rid of the guests making a reservation but only ordering a few desserts. Might make it a little easier for guests who want to make a reservation for a meal.

I'll wait to see the menu. A two or three course meal could have different prices depending on what's ordered. Possibly presented as a surcharge for some items.
I think a surcharge for certain items is possible. At least one restaurant has introduced one, maybe Cape May but don’t quote me on that.

But yes, BOG is the example of how people exploited the breakfast to just order coffee to beat the rope drop crowds. Which is why prix fixe for Space 220 isn’t a total surprise.

Yeah, i was really hoping for a good large menu here. This is discouraging.
Gotta agree here. Feels like a huge missed opportunity for an array of fun themed dishes. Crossing my fingers they move away from it eventually but not holding my breath. I guess we’ll still try and get there if we can at the end of October for the experience and (hopefully) some good food.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom