News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

The_Jobu

Alright, so on the higher end 100 channels. Lets say some of them are single, couples, and families that all are part of it. I think an average of 3 is probably high, but lets go with it. So 300 people in any Disney Park, even all trying to do the same ride/restaurant at the same time is hardly going to create a massive crowd or a sea of people.

The WORST ride at PPH according to this thread is Alien Swirling Saucers with an impressively low 587 people per hour. So if every WDW influencer decided the biggest news story at WDW was at noon at Alien and had to get in line right then... it would add an extra 31 minutes to the line.

I'll be honest I can't find a good source for tables/ seats at each restaurant. So I can't do the math on that one.

My reply was apparently erased (I honestly dont know why), but my post was a (obvious) joke.

At this point I think this restaurant is a fever dream

It’s encouraging to see a handful of positions have been filled. Restaurant Manager was open last week (iirc) which was a huge yikes. So maybe there’s hope for October yet.

EeyoreFan#24

How long are people willing to stick around for a TBD start date job? Maybe some management positions are already active, but I cant imagine them paying the hourly cooks, waiters, etc. yet, Maybe I'm wrong and they are paying, but I can only imagine they are having turnover before its even open.

deix15x8

How long are people willing to stick around for a TBD start date job? Maybe some management positions are already active, but I cant imagine them paying the hourly cooks, waiters, etc. yet, Maybe I'm wrong and they are paying, but I can only imagine they are having turnover before its even open.
Hopefully they are using them for prep work, or maybe they are getting shifts at the other Landry restaurants in WDW.

durangojim

But just imagine being the lone diner sitting in the middle of 100 people at different tables all around you giving commentary on every dish, all slightly out of synch in their progression through the meal but all using roughly similar phrases to give roughly similar opinions!
This was my family and me on the opening night of Toledo 2 years ago. It was so funny becuase we had a great table and we’re surrounded by people all with cameras out speaking to themselves or the cameras about the food. We realized what they were doing but it was still funny. We looked for ourselves in the YouTube reviews of the restaurant and found ourself in 5 or 6 different videos.

iowamomof4

This was my family and me on the opening night of Toledo 2 years ago. It was so funny becuase we had a great table and we’re surrounded by people all with cameras out speaking to themselves or the cameras about the food. We realized what they were doing but it was still funny. We looked for ourselves in the YouTube reviews of the restaurant and found ourself in 5 or 6 different videos.
And now I've suddenly realized the folly of my idea to eat at Columbia Harbor House since we'll be in MK the day it reopens! 😂

DCBaker

Premium Member
Progress? Calendar has been added -

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 2.49.56 PM.png

wedenterprises

I'm thinking of becoming a vlogger paparazzi.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
looks like this might open soon, which throws out my conspiracy theory that they decided to wait and not show this until after Galactic Starcruiser opened.....my thought being that having people already experiencing the same effects in Space 220 may be less impressed seeing the same effects on the Starcruiser.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You're hired! I'll definitely need some help, there's too many vloggers to keep track of.
Also we can have a secret handshake or something.
... of course, the rates have gone up... I've got offers from three other vlogger paparazzi.

They're offering first class airfare, a limo to The Property, a suite in the Contemporary, and dinner every night at Vickie and Al's.

What've YOU got to offer?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom