News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Looking at The Edison, it's a simple buildout. This space-themed restaurant should be much more design intensive, with lots of specialty elements. I could see its design taking up to a year and its construction & build out taking another year. It ain't a McDonalds, after all.

The OP's comment about the Edison was because it took 2 1/2 years to build, but that was more to do with issues and changes of plans that came up during construction then with the actual amount of construction time it should have taken.,

Dutch Inn '76

The OP's comment about the Edison was because it took 2 1/2 years to build, but that was more to do with issues and changes of plans that came up during construction then with the actual amount of construction time it should have taken.,

That makes sense. ...of course, the same thing could happen here...

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Let's hope they have good wine in space¡
Scandecor_pigs_in_space_poster.jpg

Disone

I know I'm going to get zinged for wondering this but.... no construction has broken ground between mission space and test track. And yet there is huge speculation about a "new attraction" coming to wonders of life because the building is being refurbished and lots of folks are walking it.

Based on the artist rendering I really don't think there was enough room between mission space and test track for the size of the space restaurant, at least not as shown in that artist rendering. So I do have to wonder again if it's going into wonders of life. I know sources have said absolutely not and it's going next to test track, but that doesn't stop me from wondering. A space themed restaurant between mission space and Guardians of the Galaxy..... does not seem absurd.

lazyboy97o

I know I'm going to get zinged for wondering this but.... no construction has broken ground between mission space and test track. And yet there is huge speculation about a "new attraction" coming to wonders of life because the building is being refurbished and lots of folks are walking it.

Based on the artist rendering I really don't think there was enough room between mission space and test track for the size of the space restaurant, at least not as shown in that artist rendering. So I do have to wonder again if it's going into wonders of life. I know sources have said absolutely not and it's going next to test track, but that doesn't stop me from wondering. A space themed restaurant between mission space and Guardians of the Galaxy..... does not seem absurd.
The roof of the Wonders of Life pavilion is being maintained because doing otherwise will only cause costly damage to the facility. Construction has not started on the restaurant because the project was barely complete with concept design when it was announced. There is no existing design or large site that can utilize an early site works package so far out from opening.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Based on the artist rendering I really don't think there was enough room between mission space and test track for the size of the space restaurant,

There isn't if you're just looking at the space you can see from a guest's vantage point on the ground in front of the pavilions. But there's plenty of space further back.

The map below shows .8 acres of space (just the white box, not even counting the lobby 'transit' to the restaurant in orange). For comparison, the entirety of Crystal Palace complex is .6 acres.

1524026624172.png

Disone

There isn't if you're just looking at the space you can see from a guest's vantage point on the ground in front of the pavilions. But there's plenty of space further back.

The map below shows .8 acres of space (just the white box, not even counting the lobby 'transit' to the restaurant in orange). For comparison, the entirety of Crystal Palace complex is .6 acres.

View attachment 278785
Thanks! Good graphic too. A pic is worth 1K words. That is still a very tight squeeze though. None the less, I appreciate the counter analysis. I wish the new Epcot spine artwork would show this area but it cuts it off!

EricsBiscuit

View attachment 278785
That's a large building!

smile

Not quite, at least on a per unit basis - the manufacturer has made some for the military that make this seem like a carousel set on extra slow.

wan't really factoring in government/military hardware, but... that's certainly true - pardon my 'joke'

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No

View attachment 278785
You are crushing the graphics lately (and really all the time)! Thanks again!

Next Big Thing

It is. Although almost half will be back of house. I think I’ve posted somewhere the cover count. Remember it will also reuse the existing second corporate lounge as the entrance lobby.

The shape in that image is a good rough idea of the final product.
Is this definitely happening or is there a chance it got cut and we just haven't found out about it yet?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom