News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Any reports on how lounge seating is being handled?
1632806288994.png

yonafunu

I have a small question: I tried to book space220 this night at 5:55ET (being an astrophotographer it was THE restaurant I wanted). But no luck, even 64 days before (thanks to the resort), no more place ! In short, very sad... So I have no illusion for the other 10 days at WDW (off-site), I guess i will not be able to get a reservation for space220. Do you have some tips ? Is there anything I can do to hope to get a reservation? Is there still a chance for me to grab a reservation ? :(

dovetail65

I have a small question: I tried to book space220 this night at 5:55ET (being an astrophotographer it was THE restaurant I wanted). But no luck, even 64 days before (thanks to the resort), no more place ! In short, very sad... So I have no illusion for the other 10 days at WDW (off-site), I guess i will not be able to get a reservation for space220. Do you have some tips ? Is there anything I can do to hope to get a reservation? Is there still a chance for me to grab a reservation ? :(
If you want it you check every hour. First thing when you get up and late at night too.

The cancellations come on and you need grab it.

Or you go stand on line for line for the lounge as a last resort. I had a friend go the other day they only waited 30 minutes. They expected to be waiting several hours. Absolute worst case you are in line 4 hours for the lounge. I wouldn't do it.

There is a chance though you won't get reservations, but at a min you need try at least 3 or 4 times a day right up until the day you leave. With 64 days you have time, I am betting you will have one by 40 days. At least I'll cross my fingers for you.

We wanted Be My Guest at time it was impossible to get. I literally made my trip around the day I could get and had to re-book plane and all, at that time for me no big deal, for most it would be.

A hint that worked for me. Take any reservation they have, even if it's the wrong day. Then after keep trying to change the reservation date and time for the next couple weeks then get a new one. One time for me they were all sold out, but once I had a date booked all of sudden modified dates showed that not show before I had a reservation. I am not sure if they do that anymore or if now you would need cancel to re-book, but back than that trick worked a few times for me. The last time I tried and that worked for me at a couple years ago.

I once snagged a reservation last day of our trip too so it happens. Is that all worth it to you is the question.

I do have an AP since 2016, so I am not sure how that effects what I did or do compared to you.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

FWIW, we were up 60 days out right at the reservation opening (it was 6:00 AM today) and there was no in park availability for DHS or EPCOT for our group of 8. They absolutely seem to be operating the existing restaurants at a reduced capacity. Add in the fact that there are still a bunch of restaurants that aren't open and it's very thin right now.

dovetail65

FWIW, we were up 60 days out right at the reservation opening (it was 6:00 AM today) and there was no in park availability for DHS or EPCOT for our group of 8. They absolutely seem to be operating the existing restaurants at a reduced capacity. Add in the fact that there are still a bunch of restaurants that aren't open and it's very thin right now.
It's the group size. I can get any any month except Oct 1 right now for 2 people, so that's strange you can't even get in the park.

As far as parks Test it very possible you can get two groups of 4 in or 4 groups of 2.

I have a family of 6. We fixed it by spitting into 3 and got everything we wanted.

Give me your exact dates if you want. I want to see if I can book those dates myself as a test.

RSoxNo1

It's the group size. I can get any any month except Oct 1 right now for 2 people, so that's strange you can't even get in the park.

As far as parks Test it very possible you can get two groups of 4 in or 4 groups of 2.

I have a family of 6. We fixed it by spitting into 3 and got everything we wanted.

Give me your exact dates if you want. I want to see if I can book those dates myself as a test.
It's the group size and crowds. Something like Biergarten which has availability on other days had zero availability regardless of party size on the Monday after Thanksgiving. That's generally a 4 or 5 on the crowd calendar.

yonafunu

If you want it you check every hour. First thing when you get up and late at night too.

The cancellations come on and you need grab it.

Or you go stand on line for line for the lounge as a last resort. I had a friend go the other day they only waited 30 minutes. They expected to be waiting several hours. Absolute worst case you are in line 4 hours for the lounge. I wouldn't do it.

There is a chance though you won't get reservations, but at a min you need try at least 3 or 4 times a day right up until the day you leave. With 64 days you have time, I am betting you will have one by 40 days. At least I'll cross my fingers for you.

We wanted Be My Guest at time it was impossible to get. I literally made my trip around the day I could get and had to re-book plane and all, at that time for me no big deal, for most it would be.

A hint that worked for me. Take any reservation they have, even if it's the wrong day. Then after keep trying to change the reservation date and time for the next couple weeks then get a new one. One time for me they were all sold out, but once I had a date booked all of sudden modified dates showed that not show before I had a reservation. I am not sure if they do that anymore or if now you would need cancel to re-book, but back than that trick worked a few times for me. The last time I tried and that worked for me at a couple years ago.

I once snagged a reservation last day of our trip too so it happens. Is that all worth it to you is the question.

I do have an AP since 2016, so I am not sure how that effects what I did or do compared to you.
Thanks for this great reply.
I will put all the chances to my side : I'm developping something to check avaibility automatically with notification when it changes. No more manual checking, yes I'm at that point :)

dovetail65

It's the group size and crowds. Something like Biergarten which has availability on other days had zero availability regardless of party size on the Monday after Thanksgiving. That's generally a 4 or 5 on the crowd calendar.
Many times back in the fast pass days I could never get what I wanted, not even the Princess meals. Then my wife did 3 and I did 3 and it worked. We even booked within 15 minutes of each other and when we arrived they seated us at same table.

I am not sure if it would work now with park reservations, worth. Shot though.

Us I have an AP so I dint know how that effect me verse others that dont
Thanks for this great reply.
I will put all the chances to my side : I'm developing something to check availability automatically with notification when it changes. No more manual checking, yes I'm at that point :)
Sounds sweet.

Last edited:

fngoofy

From our report the food is very good at Space 220. I think it is going to be extremely successful. Patina know what they are doing.

Having been to Enzo's Hideaway and the Edison, I'm not that big of a fan. Enzo's was fine, not great. Edison was a hot mess for us and those around us and it seemed like business as usual.
In my opinion Patina is B- on food and a C- on service. But that's based on 4 experiences with them, problem is it was over 3 yrs and every interaction was the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom