News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

Disone

Hope they preserve some of the trees between the test track facility and this location.
I'm kind of hoping they just use the wonders of Life for Dining: Space. I'm surprised this is not a rumor. It clearly is being kept they are doing something with it, and it is also adjacent to Mission Space. And it is round as is the shape of the restaurant. I know I'm reading way too much that but one can hope

Tom Morrow

I'm kind of hoping they just use the wonders of Life for Dining: Space. I'm surprised this is not a rumor. It clearly is being kept they are doing something with it, and it is also adjacent to Mission Space. And it is round as is the shape of the restaurant. I know I'm reading way too much that but one can hope
Do you realize how ridiculously big that would be for a restaurant? And how hard it would be to theme all of that?

They keep it around because it makes for good festival and event space.

Disone

Do you realize how ridiculously big that would be for a restaurant? And how hard it would be to theme all of that?

They keep it around because it makes for good festival and event space.
Well I kind of retracted already. However yes I do realize how big of a space that is. I've been in it. But half of that space would not be ridiculously large for a restaurant that is trying to give you views of outer space and would be the only restaurant in that area of the park. Be Our Guest restaurant in the new Fantasyland is pretty big. Again they're not going to use wonders of life, but if they were going to they could use half of it to do a high scale re theme of being in a space station looking out at the cosmos and the other half could become backstage where the kitchens are.

Anyway your point is correct, it's not going to happen.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I like the ideas that as you enter the restaurant the lobby is either a lightly simulated ride on a space elevator or futuristic low-G shuttle.

But I hope when you exit, it's a HALO!

Cosmic Commando

Better? Yes or no?

DE0iKXBWAAAMb8o.jpg:large
Character breakfast: CONFIRMED :hilarious:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wrote about this in another thread, but Martin commented about it being a bit of Living Seas and a bit of Star Trek, so I'm guessing you enter the restaurant by getting into a Hydrolater-esque room that "teleports" you to the space station for your meal.

A space elevator fits the bill. One was featured in a recent Star Trek movie.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
The footprint for the restaurant is right around the fastest (and noisiest) part of the TT right? Maybe they can disguise it as the thruster from the space restaurant...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom