News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

matt9112

Thinking Festival of the Arts, Flower and Garden, Food and Wine are just about drinking is just ignorance, but thanks for the reply.

What they are on paper and what actually occurs are two different things. Take FWF for example it has been around for a long time now and it wasn't always a drink fest and on paper the event idea hasn't changed (just scope) but it has turned into a drinking fest. That's a fact. Drunk Disney shirts abound. The epcot after 4 AP only makes things worse giving otherwise non Disney fans a cheap way to go to epcot and drink there night away.

Kman101

Or they could just stick to the whole year round theme park idea instead of a seasonal bar ;) crazy right?

I don't mind the festivals. They get a bad rap. I don't like how they've propped the park up for over a decade or so. I personally loved Festival of the Arts.

But they don't *need* Wonders of Life for a festival pavilion. They could move what's in there to other areas they've let sit and rot.

odmichael

What they are on paper and what actually occurs are two different things. Take FWF for example it has been around for a long time now and it wasn't always a drink fest and on paper the event idea hasn't changed (just scope) but it has turned into a drinking fest. That's a fact. Drunk Disney shirts abound. The epcot after 4 AP only makes things worse giving otherwise non Disney fans a cheap way to go to epcot and drink there night away.
There are plenty of people that go, enjoy themselves, and appreciate the culture and concept behind the FWF. Don't let millennials (like myself) ruin your time. The selections on the menu this year look fantastic and the event is one of the few that maintains Walt's concept of Epcot.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Have to wonder if (at least partially) the reason they are building this is a slight beta-test for the Star Wars Hotel. I mean, there are multiple aspects that may be similar between the two... both will have display screens instead of windows to make you feel like you're in space, both may have (slightly?) more exotic/"spacey" food options, both will (should?) have some sort of pre-show/entry way to make it feel like you're being transported from real-life Orlando, FL to outer space...

Mickey5150

I'm not sure how cheaply someone drinks in Epcot but the people who are drinking their night away at F&W are in the minority. These 3 events are a huge part of Epcot and will thankfully continue to grow.

matt9112

Epcot's a lot of things, but it's not a cheap place to get a drink.

nah but its just like any tourist place. i see lots of people my age (college looking types) drinking hard during events. on top of that the paths get full. god forbid there was an emergency. park capacity is based on the entire park but if everyone is in world showcase?

matt9112

Oh yeah, there's plenty of people buying too many drinks alright. Just saying those drinks ain't cheap. There's A LOT cheaper ways to get your drink on than Epcot.

for sure and to be clear i drink at Epcot....almost every time i go however that means maybe two beers or a unique drink (like the tipsy duck) it has clearly gotten worse to some degree in the past few years.

The_Jobu

for sure and to be clear i drink at Epcot....almost every time i go however that means maybe two beers or a unique drink (like the tipsy duck) it has clearly gotten worse to some degree in the past few years.
I am intrigued. What is this "tipsy duck" you speak of?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom