Souvenir Shopping

ask!

Any ideas about souvenir shopping in the parks; is MK that best for shopping? World of Disney at the marketplace sounds awesome but I can't seem to find the time to squeeze it in with everything else....the books are vague about the souvenir shops....any favorities? I am assuming the prices are all the same all over, is this also true for the shops in hotels? And what about parcel pick-up...can you pick-up the stuff on your way out of the park at closing time? How much of a hassle is this?

I am planning on doing most of our shopping on the last night before check-out and am cautious about having the stuff sent to hotel in case it doesn't arrive by 2 pm when we need to leave.

Confused,
Andrea

lilclerk

The Emporium on Main Street seems to have pretty much everything.
In Epcot, go to Mouse Gears.
I'm not sure about MGM or AK. In MGM, I usually just hit the slightly-still-Muppets shop, and I never shop in AK.
I've only stayed in Value resorts, and while they have a a lot of things in their shops, I didn't really find anything I liked. It was nice for a few last minute gifts though. Downtown Disney is your best bet if you want to get all your shopping done at once.

If you're staying in a Disney hotel, you can have them ship the package to your hotel shop, and you can pick it up there the next day, which is extremely convenient. I'd grab my packages after getting coffee in the mornings or on our way to the room at night. I don't think they let you do it the day before your departure though, due to the same reason you stated.
You can also have it sent to the front of the park (guest relations, I'd assume) and you can pick it up there when you leave. I've only done this in Disneyland, and there it was pretty quick and easy. Just make sure you tell them you'd like to do this before they start ringing you out, or else they'll have to start all over.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

My favorite places to shop are the Emporium at MK and World of Disney at Downtown Disney. But I always check all the shops because you never know what you will find.

Upvote 0

danipooh

I love Mousegears at Epcot. They have a ton of stuff! I also love shopping on Main Street at MK. Lot's of good stuff to choose from. I think you can find most all of the stuff from World of Disney down Main Street. I always have stuff sent to me at the resort. It's so convenient, but I can't remember off the top of my head how long it takes.

I've also had stuff shipped directly home if I buy a lot from one place. There is a shipping charge, but I think they waive the tax so it's almost a wash. They tell you it takes a few weeks to ship but I usually receive the box within days of getting home. It's fun to open a box from Disney after you've returned back to everyday life!

Upvote 0

westie

IMHO, I would impulse buy and here's why. I've found that some of the more popular items, toys, collectibles and, clothing may not be there on your round trip as we found with a Donald Duck one year. And as three year olds can do, she talked about it till she was four! Have fun!

Upvote 0
My favorite place to shop is at Downtown Disney at the World of Disney (the biggest disney store in the world) It can get really packed in there though. But all the shops carry almost the same stuff. The prices are all the same to as far as I know. The resort shops are great too. I get a lot of last minute things in there..

Upvote 0

mouselvrmom

Any ideas about souvenir shopping in the parks; is MK that best for shopping? World of Disney at the marketplace sounds awesome but I can't seem to find the time to squeeze it in with everything else....the books are vague about the souvenir shops....any favorities? I am assuming the prices are all the same all over, is this also true for the shops in hotels? And what about parcel pick-up...can you pick-up the stuff on your way out of the park at closing time? How much of a hassle is this?

I am planning on doing most of our shopping on the last night before check-out and am cautious about having the stuff sent to hotel in case it doesn't arrive by 2 pm when we need to leave.

Confused,
Andrea

I just wanted to add a word of caution about sending things to your hotel the night before you leave. You mentioned that you would be shopping on your last night- I didn't know if you just meant the last day or if you really meant night time. I did the package pick up all of the time on our last trip & they always asked when I was checking out. I believe that they will not let you do the package pick up on the last night of your stay, because they want to make sure it arrives in time. I can't quite remember when they said the latest time to send packages was, it might have been in the am on the last day or it might have been the day before. Either way, you are probably better off doing your shopping at least in the morning on the day before you leave.

Upvote 0

dteed

We shop alot while we are there, you should see my office. From what I can tell prices are standard in all shops. And all shops have differences and similarities. You can find many of the same items in DTD as you would find on Main Street but both will have items you can't find at the other. We stayed for 10 days one trip and bought a ton of stuff. Since we flew that trip we decided to ship everything home from the resort. The package arrived a few days later and it was like Christmas morning.

Upvote 0

It's fun to open a box from Disney after you've returned back to everyday life!

So true! World of Disney offers a massive selection and if they are items you don't need immediately, then ship and save the space/hassle of travelling back with them. Otherwise, Main Street offers many different stores all at once.

Upvote 0

WIX

Mouse Works at Epcot is fabulous. I agree with most the posting here, you need to take time for the World of Disney. So worth the time of the trip. I spend soooo much money there every visit that I probably paid for part of WDW by now.

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

The Emporium at MK
MGM has many shops, I usually buy more there than anywhere, they are all great!
I haven't really shopped that much at EPCOT or Animal Kingdom... Just the typical ears and stuff.
The World Of Disney in DTD is wonderful!!!!
:D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom