Souvenier Seekers

TNDisneyNut

What has been your favorite souvenier you've ever gotten at WDW? Where is your favorite place to shop? How much do you tend to spend on average on souveniers?
I don't spend a lot on souvenirs; however, this September will be the first for my grandson, so I am in trouble! I always buy a Christmas ornament to commemorate our trip. I did find a lovely glass slipper at Cinderella's castle and had my daughter's name etched on it. I think that is my favorite!

OnyxNine

Haha! Oh no, I didn't mean everywhere. No, when I have to do short communal trips, and ones to the bathroom, he stays on my bed. :happy: Along with the 45 other plushes..
Hehe, i got a plush toy i take with me when i go on vacations. Is not disney related but, that toy has traveled to different places and made friends wherever i take it :p

dreamfinder

Does anyone know when they usually have the Halloween shirts/merchandise out? Also is there any place that sells swimming trunks there? Thanks. :)

Usually in September, before the first MNSSHP is when the Halloween stuff surfaces.

Most of the resort stores should sell bathing suits, however the selection will be very limited, perhaps to a single style in some sizes.

SyracuseDisneyFan

At the Art of Animation, I really enjoyed going to the Ink and Paint Shop. I actually got a T-Shirt there. I'm so excited to check out the gift shop at Contemporary in May.

dreamfinder

The waterparks also do sell Swimtrunks in their stores..But, don't expect them to be cheap..

True. Although I never understood why someone would go to a waterpark without a bathing suit. Forgetting and picking one up at the hotel, I can understand. But changing that there will be some in the water park after paying admission just seems strange to me.

tk924

My favorite souvenirs are a baseball cap, t-shirt and license plate with this logo purchased from Tatooine Traders.

917a.jpg

I don't think the t-shirt fits anymore, but the hat and plate are mint.

Last edited:

plaz10

I love Mouse Gears. It's by far my favorite store. I usually buy an EPCOT tshirt or something for my car (antenna, car sticker, etc...)

amy1985

I buy a coffee mug on every trip. I have about 6 or 7 now and use a different one each morning for coffee. My favorite is from the Polynesian, which is funny because I've never even stayed there. I also bought the Halloween mug on this past trip because I passed it up the last time I was down there and regretted it. My husband buys magnets from each world showcase country.

OMG!!! Where did you get this?? I love it!!
I recently Picked this up because of Curiosity..It's called DisneyVision.
FMI291105LARGE.jpg

What is it you may ask...Well, It's a Mini Zoetrope..You put the small rubbery figure on the end of the stick, Turn it on and adjust the strobe light and speed of the character shaking like a rag doll until it starts making a fluid movement...It comes with 6 characters Mickey, Nemo, Kermit, Tink, Woody & Hitchhiking Ghost Zeke. Goes for about $30. It's fun to look at if your a collector of strange knick knacks and this one is pretty strange under the souvenir dept..

Last edited:

pumpkin7

I have a good selection of mugs, although most of them are just from the Disney Store.
I only went into Mouse Gears and DTD the first time last trip! I must be insane as Mouse Gears is EPIC!! EPICLY EPIC!
So yeah... this is what I got last trip:

Draw string bag

Captain Jack aerial topper (which I'm yet to use as I'm scared someone will steal him!). I also bought the Sorcerers Apprentice one.

Mickey Skywalker! He has a light up light saber and he was only $15! Bargain!

He fitted very well into my new bag:

We did the Droid Factory! I know it's sad and expensive but hubby wanted to do it, so we ended up with these guys. Mines the one with the Goofy Hat!

Cool coasters. I made matching table place mats as they didn't have any at the World.

Salt and Pepper Shaker! I have a small obsession. I also have Lilo and Stitch, but didn't buy them on this trip.

There is more....

pumpkin7

I love this picture frame. It doesn't stand out too much but is still awesome and cool!

These guys I got from the Character Warehouse at the Outlet Mall. They were something stupid like 5 for $10.

Laptop cases that were also on offer:

Both of my antenna toppers:

And this was my collective haul. I also bought a charm for my Pandora bracelet, 4 pairs of earrings, a watch, a number of different Lego keyrings including Spiderman and the Hulk, and the funny coloured cloth on the bottom left of this picture is one of the cloths that hangs from one of the trails at AK. It was on the floor so I scooped it up and will make something of it one day!

Bethypoo

I share the same love of Disney mugs as @3Caballeros and @amy1985 (I bought a Polynesian mug last time I went too-though I have never stayed there). I also collect Christmas ornaments and love Star Wars stuff. Lately I have also grown fond of Haunted Mansion merchandise. I love shopping in DTD and Epcot-especially Japan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom