Souvenier Seekers

MKforReal

Original Poster
What has been your favorite souvenier you've ever gotten at WDW? Where is your favorite place to shop? How much do you tend to spend on average on souveniers?

wdw2011por

My favorite "souvenirs" that I have are the amazing memories of being there with my family. But as far as material souvenirs go, my favorite at the moment is something simple. A Gaston mug from Gaston's Tavern that LeFou's brew came in. Just a simple plastic mug, but I enjoy all the memories and the feeling of being there every time I use it!

Dog Ate Mouse

For me it is my annual Wrist Watch that I buy. I currently have 12 and still need another one. On Average I spend on a watch up to $250 dollars on it and buy nothing else except one T-Shirt. also not to mention I do wear all 12 and switch off all the time. It does get a little expensive every now and then when the batteries needs to be replaced. The watch batteries die off in groups. Don't ask me why but I have this thing with Disney Wrist Watches.

MKforReal

Original Poster
This may seem slightly corny, but my Mickey Mouse doll.:) I take him almost everywhere I go, so he's seen a lot of stuff! Niagara Falls, California, other states out in that area, Florida (of course), etc. He's my little travel buddie! :joyfull: I love that little guy.

Haha when you said you take him everywhere you go, I was thinking "to the bank, to the store, ....to the bathroom...".

I was a bit concerned until you named off some vacation spots. I almost thought you a nutter! ;) Whew!

NeedMoreMickey

For me it is my annual Wrist Watch that I buy. I currently have 12 and still need another one. On Average I spend on a watch up to $250 dollars on it and buy nothing else except one T-Shirt. also not to mention I do wear all 12 and switch off all the time. It does get a little expensive every now and then when the batteries needs to be replaced. The watch batteries die off in groups. Don't ask me why but I have this thing with Disney Wrist Watches.

So I'm not the only one who buys a watch almost every trip. I found a little pawn/jewelry shop that will replace a battery for $5. Every time I take a watch in they tell me to pull the stem and stop the watch until I'm ready to wear it, save the battery.

I also make sure I buy some kind of jewelry so everyday I have a little piece of WDW with me.

NYwdwfan

I love getting the Mickey Mouse themed soaps from Basin - there's one in the Grand Floridian and one in downtown Disney. They smell amazing and only cost about $10.

Here's one of my favorite designs:

image.jpg

ratherbeinwdw

I had the lady at Wal Mart, of all places, show me how to change batteries in all kinds of watches. I now save a ton replacing the batteries myself.

mr_braver23

My favorite "souvenirs" that I have are the amazing memories of being there with my family. But as far as material souvenirs go, my favorite at the moment is something simple. A Gaston mug from Gaston's Tavern that LeFou's brew came in. Just a simple plastic mug, but I enjoy all the memories and the feeling of being there every time I use it!
May need to get me one of them in March

ToyStoryMiss

Haha when you said you take him everywhere you go, I was thinking "to the bank, to the store, ....to the bathroom...".

I was a bit concerned until you named off some vacation spots. I almost thought you a nutter! ;) Whew!
Haha! Oh no, I didn't mean everywhere. No, when I have to do short communal trips, and ones to the bathroom, he stays on my bed. :happy: Along with the 45 other plushes..

steamboatjosh

Does anyone know when they usually have the Halloween shirts/merchandise out? Also is there any place that sells swimming trunks there? Thanks. :)

Cmdr_Crimson

I recently Picked this up because of Curiosity..It's called DisneyVision.
FMI291105LARGE.jpg

What is it you may ask...Well, It's a Mini Zoetrope..You put the small rubbery figure on the end of the stick, Turn it on and adjust the strobe light and speed of the character shaking like a rag doll until it starts making a fluid movement...It comes with 6 characters Mickey, Nemo, Kermit, Tink, Woody & Hitchhiking Ghost Zeke. Goes for about $30. It's fun to look at if your a collector of strange knick knacks and this one is pretty strange under the souvenir dept..

NiarrNDisney

I have bought so many items over the years that I honestly really couldn't pick one! but I can at least share some of my favorite shops to find these items in:

MK - Agrabah Bazaar, Crystal Arts, Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe, Zanzibar Shell Co.

Epcot - Mouse Gear, House of Good Fortune, Mitsukoshi Dept Store, Plaza de los Amigos, World Traveler

DHS - Stage 1 Company Store, Villains in Vogue

DAK - Chester & Hester's Dino Treasures, Mobassa Market Place, Ziwani Traders

DTD - Art of Disney, Disney Days of Christmas, D Street, Goofy's Candy Co., Trend D, World of Disney

Resorts
- Bay View Gifts (CR), BouTiki (Poly), East meets West (SoG), Everything Pop (POP),
Johari Treasures (AKL), Panchito's (CSR), Screen Door General (BWR)

3Caballeros

It depends on the type of souvenir...
For a traditional type souvenior, we like Mouse Gear at Epcot. I think any place around World Showcase would provide a unique, nontraditional item.
My favorite would be picture frames ...or my daughter's Duffy Bear!! Gotta love Duffy!!

ratherbeinwdw

Hey man, don't discount Walmart! I worked there for 3 years in electronics and I was very knowledgeable in a lot of things! I showed customers how to do a lot of things. :)
I didn't mean it as an insult. The workers there just don't seem to have lots of time to spend showing a customer how to do something. They are always on the move and have people coming at them from all directions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom