Southwest cheap tickets

shoes

I noticed Southwest has cheap fares again (YEA) for the fall. I am going Sept 23 through the 30th out of Nashville for $423 for FOUR people round trip! Can't drive for that! Plus, we always stay onsite and have NO desire to do anything else till the kids get bigger.:wave:

shoppingnut

shoes said:
I noticed Southwest has cheap fares again (YEA) for the fall. I am going Sept 23 through the 30th out of Nashville for $423 for FOUR people round trip! Can't drive for that! Plus, we always stay onsite and have NO desire to do anything else till the kids get bigger.:wave:

That is totally awesome and you certainly couldn't drive for that price. We were just thinking the other day, that driving from NYC to FL, it would cost us easily $250 in gas alone.

Upvote 0

tink81

I booked my tickets from BWI to MCO for $69 and change one way, not as cheap as the last time we went down, but still good. And I am one roundtrip closer to my Rapid Reward free flight!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

MouseearsDeb

shoes said:

Wow! You're lucky! We're looking to fly out of BNA on Sept. 30 and can get the $45.58 one way per person. But, on the return flight they're showing the cheapest fare of $120.93. :cry: That is so not fair!:hammer: Have a great time! Maybe we'll pass you in the airport!

Upvote 0

goofntink

All I can say about Southworst is good luck getting on the flight for those prices,they are notorious for double and sometimes triple booking those flights when they sell them at those prices.Trust me we have been bitten once ourselves,and so have my parents.Bought them months in advance, got to the airport,and find out at the gate,"Whoops ,we overbooked the flight,and someone who just bought the same ticket for your seat 45 minutes ago got it first.":mad:

Upvote 0

Nemo14

ChuckElias said:
What dates did you get that price for?!?! I just check mid-October and the best is $200 round trip per person from Hartford.
Going for a weekend - Sept 29 - Oct 1
I had several flights to choose from for those dates at that price this morning.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
goofntink said:
All I can say about Southworst is good luck getting on the flight for those prices,they are notorious for double and sometimes triple booking those flights when they sell them at those prices.Trust me we have been bitten once ourselves,and so have my parents.Bought them months in advance, got to the airport,and find out at the gate,"Whoops ,we overbooked the flight,and someone who just bought the same ticket for your seat 45 minutes ago got it first.":mad:
All I can say is online check in 24 hours in advance....

Upvote 0

goofntink

hakunamatata said:
All I can say is online check in 24 hours in advance....

Did that,doesn't matter. According to Snooty attendent at gate"Policy of Southwest is 1st to check in at gate,gets the seat.So you should have checked in here at the counter as soon as you got to the gate..:mad:

Upvote 0

Nemo14

goofntink said:
Did that,doesn't matter. According to Snooty attendent at gate"Policy of Southwest is 1st to check in at gate,gets the seat.So you should have checked in here at the counter as soon as you got to the gate..:mad:
We've never done that and never been bumped. We always check in online

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
goofntink said:
Kind of hard for them not to let you on the plane when you are holding a printed bording pass in your hot little hands.

Upvote 0

ChuckElias

Craig & Lisa said:
Unfortunatly SW does not fly out of the NYC area to MCO, so it would seem there is a problem for us there.
Yeah, but you guys have JetBlue, right? They're supposed to be pretty good.

Are the Southwest fares only for the month of Sept?

Upvote 0

Nemo14

LouDisney said:
I booked about a month ago...if I would have waited. $49 one way, that would have been around $115 roundtrip with tax. (from Birmingham to MCO) Darn!!!
If you fly with them often enough, just rebook and use the credits you'll get for another trip!

Upvote 0

MouseearsDeb

LouDisney said:
I booked about a month ago...if I would have waited. $49 one way, that would have been around $115 roundtrip with tax. (from Birmingham to MCO) Darn!!!

Last year the same thing happened to us. We booked online, so all I had to do is edit the trip. Go to their website and click "travel center". Then go to change air reservation and follow the prompts. If you didn't use the online system I don't know if you can use it to change your res. but you should be able to call an agent.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

Great for you, I couldn't hold out any longer, so last week I grabbed up $44 each way to Tampa. 4 tix was $434. Can't ask for better than that. Booking direct through Delta was $1487. GO SOUTHWEST!

Upvote 0
JimboJones123 said:
Great for you, I couldn't hold out any longer, so last week I grabbed up $44 each way to Tampa. 4 tix was $434. Can't ask for better than that. Booking direct through Delta was $1487. GO SOUTHWEST!

We picked up that deal from Houston to Tampa. It was $312 for three of us. A heck of a deal!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom