Southwest cheap tickets

shoes

I noticed Southwest has cheap fares again (YEA) for the fall. I am going Sept 23 through the 30th out of Nashville for $423 for FOUR people round trip! Can't drive for that! Plus, we always stay onsite and have NO desire to do anything else till the kids get bigger.:wave:

tink81

ChuckElias said:
What dates did you get that price for?!?! I just check mid-October and the best is $200 round trip per person from Hartford.

I can only assume these special fares were obtained by downloading DING! from Southwest's website. It's free to download and sends you updates (daily) about special rates to and from selected airports.

I have flown Southwest many times and never had a problem arriving late and getting bumped. All airlines overbook flights to an extent, they can always count on a small percentage of passengers cancelling/missing the flight/checking in late. Overbooking assures the airline that all seats will be filled. Overbooking also happens when the airline is selling fares at different price points (like Southwest) and resevations overlap. I have only been bumped once (United) and it was because I got to the airport late, they offered me a seat on the next flight out and I took it, no problems.

Upvote 0

blackerbys17

Actually, I just booked the same deal, $44 one way from FLL to MCO and I didn't have to use Ding to get it. I do have Ding installed on all my PCs (3 of them) but lately, the Ding specials are for August-September. I take a lot of last minute flights so I usually just check the regular rates on Southwest.

Sure enough, they had a special going so I booked. It was $207 for 2, DS and I for his birthday on July 23rd. We usually just drive because we only live 4 hours away but I have found that if just 2 of us are going, like this time around, and I just want to take a short trip over there (we take MANY), it is actually more convenient and cheaper to take an early morning flight that leaves around 7:30 AM and return the same day on the last flight of the day at around 9:55 PM then staying overnight and paying to stay at a WDW Resort.

Sounds crazy but my plans are to fly to WDW, go to 3-4 major attractions in all four parks and fly back home the same day. We may be tired when we get home but we'll get to sleep in our own beds. And better yet, no driving or packing!!!

I can't wait to surprise DS for his birthday! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

ChuckElias said:
What dates did you get that price for?!?! I just check mid-October and the best is $200 round trip per person from Hartford.

If you are in Western Mass then don't forget about Albany, NY. I fly quite often to Orlando from there for $59.00 one way (nonstop). They currently have many dates open for the $59.00 thru August and then the rates go up, but don't worry they will probably release discount rates for later in the year again in another month or 2.

Upvote 0

LouDisney

Nemo14 said:
If you fly with them often enough, just rebook and use the credits you'll get for another trip!

I do fly them often and I did that this morning. I got a $94 credit :sohappy:
Going to use it for one of my trips next year.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

tink81 said:
I can only assume these special fares were obtained by downloading DING! from Southwest's website. It's free to download and sends you updates (daily) about special rates to and from selected airports.

I have Ding too, but this was just in the e-mail that I get from them every Tuesday. You don't need Ding for that.

Upvote 0

isitingood

ChuckElias said:
The best prices for SWA you have to fly out Wed Thur or Sat. I found 3 RT tickets from Seattle to Orlando for $600.00.

Upvote 0

MaryK

We had booked last week with $89 each way out of Chicago...then we saw the new deal. We wound up getting it for $69 instead and got a $56 credit.

Upvote 0

MKCrazy

We are going on a Carnival Cruise in October for our fall break and we found it was cheaper to fly from BNA to JAX. Then we thought about flying to Orlando for a couple days from Nashville and were surprised to see that prices were the same as flights to JAX. Very surprised?

-MKCrazy

Upvote 0

mitchk

If someone could please help me out here. I always fly out of Philly, and I was wondering if SW has their December dates up yet. My girl usually books the flights, but I wanted to check them out for myself. See, she wants to go to Vegas with her family in September, and I said if your going to Vegas, were going to Disney in early December (value season, and low crowds, plus I always wanted to see Disney World decked out for the Christmas Holidays) Sorry to ramble, but can someone help me with the Airline info. Thanks :wave:

Upvote 0

DisneyBunny

mitchk said:
If some could please help me out here. I always fly out of Philly, and I was wondering if SW has their December dates up yet. My girl usually books the flights, but I wanted to check them out for myself. See, she want to go to Vegas with her family in September, and I said if your going to Vegas, were going to Disney in early December (value season, and low crowds, plus I always wanted to see Disney World decked out for the Christmas Holidays) Sorry to ramble, but can someone help me with the Airline info. Thanks :wave:

They just opened up till December 10th this morning. :wave:

Upvote 0

dzlandSr

tink81 said:

I downloaded DING! and installed it but I keep getting a communication error! Has anyone else had this problem? :confused: I have Windows XP Home Edition.

Upvote 0

dzlandSr

Nevermind! :p I finally got the program to work! :sohappy: Of course the dates I'm looking for (end of January) will probably be released the next time they update their reservation schedule. Hopefully I can find some good prices on tickets!

Upvote 0

kaycee1

I paid $59:00 each way coming from PVD for the end of July. In responce to the overbooking, sometimes they give pretty good comps like free roundtrip tickets. So you get on the next flight, you will always have the comps for the next time. I hope they overbook mine, my hand will be the first one up to get bumped.

Upvote 0

Misscmac

kaycee1 said:
I paid $59:00 each way coming from PVD for the end of July. In responce to the overbooking, sometimes they give pretty good comps like free roundtrip tickets. So you get on the next flight, you will always have the comps for the next time. I hope they overbook mine, my hand will be the first one up to get bumped.

Haha I was also hoping to get bumped on our return flight to Providence...I wanted the free tickets to guarantee a vacation next year but no such luck

Upvote 0

kennygman

Curse you Wright Ammendment. Give me back DFW! Sorry, just frustration there because you can't fly direct from DFW on Southwest and they rarely sale the OKC flights.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Wow - 3 RI'ers on one thread - who's minding the state? Where are you guys from? I'm in Warwick, right near Craaaaannnnnston.
DD and I got voluntarily bumped on our return flight in May, so we have $650 worth of credits now for our February trip!

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
kennygman said:
Curse you Wright Ammendment. Give me back DFW! Sorry, just frustration there because you can't fly direct from DFW on Southwest and they rarely sale the OKC flights.
We are working on getting that changed.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom