Soundstage 1 - HOT SET - WE ARE PREPARING FOR A NEW PRODUCTION

jt04

Last time I was in that building, there was absolutely nothing. It was like a giant, empty warehouse. Not that it takes long to demolish something, but if they were to build anything, they would save the amount of time it took to demolish let's say the Millionaire stage,etc.
How long ago was that? If they are not using it for storage (which is at a premium at DHS) it seems to me to indicate they are actively preparing to install something in the VERY near future. :)

jt04

I am hoping for the restaurant and the coaster but probably not in the same building :lookaroun :lol:

CubsRock

So from what some of you are saying is that the former Sorcerer Mickey meet and greet on Mickey Avenue/Pixar Place was a vast underuse of the space they had?

What concerns me is that Soundstage 1 appears to be on the other side of the Pixar arch/bridge...am I looking at the pictures wrong? So if it's on the outside of the arch/bridge it might not be related to Pixar? :shrug: I'm very confused...maybe the arch has nothing to with entering and/or exiting Pixar Place, I don't know, but it seems that with the Soundstage being on the other side of the arch that it wouldn't be related to Pixar Place...

Lee

Adventurer
I don't know, but it seems that with the Soundstage being on the other side of the arch that it wouldn't be related to Pixar Place...
No.
Everythng from the arch, all the way down to where the entrance to the Backlot Tour is (for now) located will be Pixar Place.
And then....it will likely grow even more.

OrlandoBoy

But she does have a point. Why did they not take the time to extend the Pixar Place theming at LEAST to the Backlot Tour entrance? Now, whenever they decide to begin construction on the new attraction in Soundstage 1, they have to continue the theming outside, which means more street closures down the line.

I'll say it again, I would not be surprised if the entire area over to the Streets of America entrance to the HISTK playground will be Pixar Place.

No.
Everythng from the arch, all the way down to where the entrance to the Backlot Tour is (for now) located will be Pixar Place.
And then....it will likely grow even more.
That lends me to believe that the arches seperate the different areas in Pixar place. Am I correct in believing that? So this current arch is seperating the Toy Story district from whatever movie-based attraction will be in the Studio 1 area? And as a new area based on a different Pixar film is added, another arch will be put up?

PhotoDave219

Hmm.... For now, they're probably preparing the Wicket's Warehouse shop for Star Wars Weekends. Nothing to get too excited about.

But hopefully we'll get a fun attraction in the near future. :)

So sorry. But we've got some lovely parting gifts.... Greedo, tell him what he won....

But she does have a point. Why did they not take the time to extend the Pixar Place theming at LEAST to the Backlot Tour entrance? Now, whenever they decide to begin construction on the new attraction in Soundstage 1, they have to continue the theming outside, which means more street closures down the line.

I'll say it again, I would not be surprised if the entire area over to the Streets of America entrance to the HISTK playground will be Pixar Place.

That lends me to believe that the arches seperate the different areas in Pixar place. Am I correct in believing that? So this current arch is seperating the Toy Story district from whatever movie-based attraction will be in the Studio 1 area? And as a new area based on a different Pixar film is added, another arch will be put up?

That's what I was wondering! Because I know the space between the 2 arches is pretty small (basically TSMM) that's why I was wondering on the area of Soundstage 1 being on the outside of the arches. Why did they stop the theming at Soundstage 1 but supposedly Pixar Place will go all the way to The Backlot Tour (possibly further) :shrug:

That's what I was wondering! Because I know the space between the 2 arches is pretty small (basically TSMM) that's why I was wondering on the area of Soundstage 1 being on the outside of the arches. Why did they stop the theming at Soundstage 1 but supposedly Pixar Place will go all the way to The Backlot Tour (possibly further) :shrug:
I'm wondering if the themeing in front of Soundstage 1 is budgeted in with this new attraction rather than the Toy Story Midway Mania budget. Also, I think the arches with Pixar Studios on it will be the entrances to Pixar Place. We have the one entrance over by One Man's Dream already. I think the other entrance will be added later once Pixar Place has finished its Backlot takeover. Another thing that leads me to believe the arches within Pixar Place seperate the different films is because of the theming. The arch already there on one side looks like the Toy Story Midway Mania facade, while the other side of the arch (the side by Soundstage 1) looks more Industrial in theming. Not sure if this is a hint towards what movie the next attraction will be based on or not.

JLW11Hi

Would I be correct in assuming that since they are only just now opening Midway Mania, that it will be quite a while before they actually start building the next attraction for Pixar Place?

Would I be correct in assuming that since they are only just now opening Midway Mania, that it will be quite a while before they actually start building the next attraction for Pixar Place?
I don't think so. I believe Disney is getting ready to start construction. I'm not positive, but I'm guessing it should be open in under two years.

wickedfan07

Disney seems to be gearing up to add a number of attrations to the Studios within the next few years. We've heard rumors that DHS would be getting a lot of money thrown into it, with DAK not too far behind. If those rumors are true, we'll probably see something happenning here very soon...at least I hope.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom