Soundstage 1 Behind Walls!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Then again, DL has the Monorail as a ride/attraction, but the Monorail rides at WDW aren't counted because they aren't in the parks (an arbitrary distinction since they are still part of the WDW experience). And I don't think the Epcot Friendship Boats are listed which would be something comparable.

Not to debate that DL has far better density of attractions. Just that there are arbitrary listings in both cases.
Slight difference though...you have to have a ticket to board the monorail at DL, iirc, as long as the Tomorroland Station is open for business. So...in that respect, it is a "ride".

Mike S

Note - These lists are based off of the listings on the Official Disney sites
Universal Studios, FL

Universal Studios

Rides - 11
Shows - 12
Other - 4
Food - 14
Shop - 23

Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
Transformers the Ride
Escape from Gringott's
E.T. Aventure
Men in Black Alien Attack
Revenge of the Mummy
Disaster
The Simpsons Ride
Hogwarts Express
Kang and Kodos Twirl n Hurl
Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster
Universal Orlando's Horror Make-up Show
Despicable Me Minion Mayhem
Twister
Shrek 4-D
A Day in the Park WIth Barney
The Blues Brother's Show
Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue
Animal Actors on Location!
Fear Factor Live
Universal's Superstar Parade
Universal's Cinematic Spectacular
Terminator 2 3D
Curious George goes to Town
Fievel's Playland
Lucy - A Tribute
Kings Cross Station
None
None
Leaky Cauldron
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Richter's Burger Co.
Mel's Drive In
Universal Studio's Classic Monsters Cafe
Louie's Italian Restaurant
Fast Food Boulevard (includes Moes)
Beverly Hills Boulangerie
Schwab's Pharmacy
Starbucks
Ben and Jerry's
Studio Sweets
Lombard's Seafood Grille
Finnegan's Bar and Grill
None
Ollivander's
Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes
Borgin and Burkes
Magical Menagerie
Madam Malkin's Robes for all Occasions
Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment
Quality Quidditch Supplies
Cyber Image
Silver Screen Collectibles
Brown Derby Hat Shop
Universal Studios Store
Supply Vault
Super Silly Stuff
It's a Wrap
Shrek's Ye Olde Souvenir Shoppe
On Location
Aftermath
Sahara Traders
Spongebob Storepants
The Barney Store
E.T's Toy Closet and Photo Spot
Kwik-E-Mart
MIB Gear

Islands of Adventure

Rides - 16
Shows - 2
Other - 7
Food - 16
Shop - 24

Spider Man
Doctor Doom's Fearfall
Dudley Do-RIght's Ripsaw Falls
Incredible Hulk
Jurassic River Adventure
Popeye & Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
Dragon Challenge
The Cat in the Hat
High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train
Hogwarts Express
Caro-Seuss-el
One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
Pteranodon Flyers
Storm Force Accelatron
Flight of the Hippogriff
None
The Eigth Voyage of Sinbad Stunt Show
Oh the Stories You'll Hear
Hogsmeade Station
Poseidon's Fury
Camp Jurassic
If I Ran The Zoo
Jurassic Park DIscovery Center
Me Ship, The Olive
Kingpin's Arcade
None
None
Three Broomsticks
Circus McGurkus Cafe
Cafe 4
Captain America Diner
Comic Strip Cafe
Thunder Falls TErrace
The Burger Digs
Croissant Moon Bakery
Blondie's
The Watering Hole
Hop on Pop Ice Cream
Island Market and Export Candy Shoppe
Snookers and Snookers Sweet Candy Cookers
Honeydukes
None
Mythos Restaurant
Confisco Grille
Dervish and Banges
Fitch's Emporium fo Confiscated Goods
Ollivanders
Islands of Adventure Trading Company
Ocean Trader Market
DeFoto's Expedition Photography
Port of Entry Christmas Shoppe
Port Provisions
Gasoline Alley
Betty Boop Store
Toon Extra
DinoStore
Jurassic Outfitters
Treasures of Poseidon
The Coin Mint
The Pearl Factory
Historic Families - Heraldry
Star Souls - Psychic Reading
Marvel Alterniverse Store
Comic Book Shop
Oakley
Cat, Hats and Things
All the Books you can Read
Mulberry Street Store
Very interesting, but Revenge of The Mummy is definitely a coaster, not a dark ride.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
You should get on it when you can. Great ride. I was really surprised by it because I had no idea what to expect when I first rode it.
I'm planning on taking her back this year (she's 10 now)...I suspect she'll be ok with it.

The queue was just a bit much for her at age 7. Mind you, this is the same kiddo who didn't blink an eye at any other ride at Uni or Disney.

That was the ONLY ride she has ever "chickened out of". For reference, she was genuinely upset (at 7) that she couldn't ride Rip Rocket because she was too short. I love coasters, and that ride and its near vertical drop intimidates me! :p

Like I said...says something about the queue and how well it was done.

Kman101

i'm planning on taking her back this year (she's 10 now)...I suspect she'll be ok with it.

The queue was just a bit much for her at age 7. Mind you, this is the same kiddo who didn't blink an eye at any other ride.

That was the ONLY ride she has ever "chickened out of", and she was genuinely upset (at 7) that she couldn't ride Rip Rocket. :p

Like I said...says something about the queue and how well it was done.

I can see that. I give her huge kudos for riding everything else she has then if that's the only ride she 'chickened out of'. I figure she'd be fine now. And I will never ever ever ever set foot on Rip, Ride. Ever. Never. LOL

It was very well done. Lots of fun and a ride I can't wait to do again.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I can see that. I give her huge kudos for riding everything else she has then if that's the only ride she 'chickened out of'. I figure she'd be fine now. And I will never ever ever ever set foot on Rip, Ride. Ever. Never. LOL

It was very well done. Lots of fun and a ride I can't wait to do again.
Twister freaked her out a bit as well...not at first, but during the final scene (we were front row).

I think the fact we'd just done Twister, and then this creepy queue (after stopping to take pictures with the "gangster cars" was just a bit much, a bit soon. I probably could have gotten her on it had we circled back around later...

But, I never forced her to do things she didn't want to do, and never would, so even though we had to backtrack through 3/4 of the queue line (with people looking at us with evil eyes as if we were the devil for making our way back), no way would I force her into it.

We went and got a snack and headed over to MIB (which she adored).

The only other thing we didn't make it through was the queue for Poseidon's Fury...but that's just because...as well themed as it is, it's incredibly long, and she suddenly decided about 3/4 of the way through she needed to go potty...and go potty now. So, we left. We weren't the only ones who did though, and it's not the first time I've heard of people backtracking out of that queue...

It's hard to say why, without having done it, but it seems to me that whole show is broken...needs to be revamped.

Mike S

Twister freaked her out a bit as well...not at first, but during the final scene (we were front row).

I think the fact we'd just done Twister, and then this creepy queue (after stopping to take pictures with the "gangster cars" was just a bit much, a bit soon. I probably could have gotten her on it had we circled back around later...

But, I never forced her to do things she didn't want to do, and never would, so even though we had to backtrack through 3/4 of the queue line (with people looking at us with evil eyes as if we were the devil for making our way back), no way would I force her into it.

The only other thing we didn't make it through was the queue for Poseidon's Fury...but that's just because...as well themed as it is, it's incredibly long, and she suddenly decided about 3/4 of the way through she needed to go potty...and go potty now. So, we left. We weren't the only ones who did though, and it's not the first time I've heard of people backtracking out of that queue...

It's hard to say why, without having done it, but it seems to me that whole show is broken...needs to be revamped.
For Mummy if you were really that far along it probably would've been better to just ask a TM for the exit when you got to the end.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
For Mummy if you were really that far along it probably would've been better to just ask a TM for the exit when you got to the end.
Probably...but she wasn't in any state of mind to go forward. We may not have been 3/4 through the queue, but we'd just hit the switchbacks when she flipped out (after the long tunnel). I could tell from her eyes that there really wasn't much to do but turn back. She was scared, and scared good! (and, I was secretly chuckling a parental chuckle)

The wait wasn't long, it was 20 mins or something...we had unlimited express pass cause we stayed at Royal Pacific...

She just didn't like all the theming and ambient noises and the screams (from riders) echoing through the queue. Freaked her out.

Kman101

Poseidon's has never been that great, IMO. I like it but even back when I went to IOA in 1999 when the park first opened I wasn't that into it.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Whoops, just realized, the trip report ISN'T linked down there anymore (the "new" signature limits) just the vid. Sorry!

Trip report is linked in the vid description. It's on this site as well...but that's the site I first posted it on live.

wdwtopten

One thing I noticed, how many shops are packed in each park at WDW compared to DLR. They pack rides, we pack shops. Wonderful...........

It kinda of makes sense, from a business standpoint: Most people at WDW are on vacation and people on vacation like to buy souvenirs. DL is less of a vacation spot, so the need for more souvenir shops is less.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom