Sounds Dangerous + Idol = new attraction?

mvieguy

I think it would be the Ideal location to create a John Carter Dark Ride. This film is a huge gamble for them, being its Pixars first film not Animated. and I think it would help bring attention to it

or maybe a Tron LightCycle Ride

Timothy_Q

I think it would be the Ideal location to create a John Carter Dark Ride. This film is a huge gamble for them, being its Pixars first film not Animated. and I think it would help bring attention to it

or maybe a Tron LightCycle Ride
John Carter isn't a Pixar movie, it's just directed by Andrew Stanton

Theme Parkitect

I was there in November and every time I got a Fastpass for a DHS attraction, the machine would spit out a free pass to American Idol as well. They were practically begging people to go. I think AIE's time has passed. Combine the two and you have enough space for a great ride.

Well, I wouldn't say that. When we got our Fastpasses for Winne the Pooh in the MK, it gave us a free pass to Phillharmagic, which is a popular attraction and a much better fit than the Lion King show before it. Not saying Idol isn't a bit down it's luck, but that's not a good way to prove. However, we only went once last trip. It was right after Idol finished and a CM told us Scotty McCreery might be there (he was!). That was the only reason we bothered with it.. :p

djkidkaz

You sure?

What else would Imagineering do? Lucas has two properties basically. Star Wars and Indiana Jones. We've already got a Star Wars attraction and an Indiana Jones ride in the other parks they could bring over to WDW. I don't foresee Imagineering coming up with a completely new Indy ride when the one they have elsewhere is so popular and would be welcomed with open arms if it was ever announced as coming to WDW.

JimJam

I was there in November and every time I got a Fastpass for a DHS attraction, the machine would spit out a free pass to American Idol as well. They were practically begging people to go. I think AIE's time has passed. Combine the two and you have enough space for a great ride.

When i walked in the park one day for emh, there were people with stacks of idol fastpasses begging you to take one :lol:

InsiderImagine

What else would Imagineering do? Lucas has two properties basically. Star Wars and Indiana Jones. We've already got a Star Wars attraction and an Indiana Jones ride in the other parks they could bring over to WDW. I don't foresee Imagineering coming up with a completely new Indy ride when the one they have elsewhere is so popular and would be welcomed with open arms if it was ever announced as coming to WDW.

There are numerous plans that have been thought of. However, the majority of them have been put on the back-burner.

Changing the Backlot Express and Sounds Dangerous to Lucas-themed attractions would add land to DHS.

Lands will be coming to DHS but unfortunately it will be a slow change since budgets are tight.

Engine 51

Why does Disney never dual source a theater? If a show is only going to have a few performances a day, drop a screen over the stage and have a muppets/philharmagic style 3D show in the down time.

Mike730

Why does Disney never dual source a theater? If a show is only going to have a few performances a day, drop a screen over the stage and have a muppets/philharmagic style 3D show in the down time.

That's a great point. I've never seen this happen at least in my day, or maybe I just never noticed it. But they could easily stick another show in there on downtime, you're right. (I sure as hell hope they dont though. Bring on a new ride!)

bigm23

Careful what ask for.

Ohh. Just a dreadful thought. If they use the old Idol theater for something else temporary. If not careful, they may try and change it to America's Got Talent or whatever other show it out there.

steamboat wil

I never really post but here's my .02$. If the contestants and judges were anamatronics and their songs rotated with different music styles this would be a hit and everyone would love it. Kinda like other shows do at disney.

Joeamc

If we are thinking it, then I'm sure Disney execs are thinking it too! I'm sure they have dozens of projects (attraction ideas) ready to go. It is probably in the "deciding which one to go with" phase.

Joeamc

"UP" can be the next ride

With "UP" being the 3rd highest grossing pixar movie behind toy story and finding nemo, I think it is possible for them to try a flight sim with that movies theme. If not, then next would be monsters Inc. Roller coaster

Captain Neo

You sure?

Even if you heard some low level brainstorming imagineer was tinkering around with concepts that doesn't make it something that is being SERIOUSLY considered by Disney. Remember when those Project:Gemini plans were posted on Jim Hill Media back around 2004?

If we haven't seen a "Lucas land" by now we will most likely not see one in the future. After Star Tours II I doubt they will add any more attractions from Indy or Star Wars or original lucas ideas (like EO and AE) I am willing to bet good money on that.

VoiceGuy07

We always make AIE a stop when we're at DHS (yes, I hate acronyms). We really enjoy the show, Sheila!, and the fact that guests are willing to spend their day at DHS for this!

Wouldn't want to see Muppets but think the Monsters, Inc. ride would be great (a la California Adventure).

I like ( ) by the way!

NoChesterHester

Even if you heard some low level brainstorming imagineer was tinkering around with concepts that doesn't make it something that is being SERIOUSLY considered by Disney. Remember when those Project:Gemini plans were posted on Jim Hill Media back around 2004?

If we haven't seen a "Lucas land" by now we will most likely not see one in the future. After Star Tours II I doubt they will add any more attractions from Indy or Star Wars or original lucas ideas (like EO and AE) I am willing to bet good money on that.

I'll take that bet. Star Wars will live on. Content is still being produced.

I'd be willing to bet that the only thing that has held back more Star Wars is the licensing agreements. More pressure from a speckled wizard may change things.

JiminyandTink

I actually find the IDOL attraction fun (don't care much about the show though), but I would be happy to give it up for a new family friendly dark ride (ie. Monsters Inc, Muppets, and I still want a Roger Rabbit ride too)

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

I think it's safe to say that the ppl who were against the P&F 4D attraction are out ranked by about.. 60 or 70% of the users on WDWMagic... thankfully :)

Guess some people aren't used to change... Honestly what could be worse then what's just been in there?

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

Lee

Adventurer
Honestly what could be worse then what's just been in there?

A synergistic attraction, using old technology and based on a short-lived Disney channel cartoon.
Yep. That would be worse.

Anything new should be a technologically advanced attraction, based on a classic (or at least extremely successful) film, and appeal to the broadest possible demographic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom