Soul at Epcot

MickeyLuv'r

Perhaps it is complacency - - - or just WDW goggles.
I am dying to go overseas and really witness what the Dis company can do when they are allowed to really design.
I'm hopefully optimistic the Ratatouille ride in Epcot will be as good as the one in Paris. I can't say it will make everyone happy, but I think the ride in Paris has...I'm not sure how to say, but what I think of as that small little something that makes a ride special (or not special).

For me, that something special is a bit abstract. IMO one of WDW's best recent attractions is the Slinky coaster. It maybe could have more story, but the second launch in the middle of the ride, is what makes it fun.

I agree, I don't love the new screen based animatronics. It is especially bad when the screens aren't working right. Multiple times I've been in 7DMT when one of the faces wasn't working, and it looks terrible. I just can't imagine the early Imagineers would've found that acceptable. A non-moving classic animatronic pirate, in most cases, doesn't ruin the attraction. We might notice (Cough YETI cough), but the ride doesn't suddenly look creepy. A Dwarf with a blank screen face is creepy, AND very distracting.

Disstevefan1

I’m gonna make all the Epcot purists have a heart attack.

Soul would be a good replacement for Spaceship Earth. Especially with the planetarium on the top of the attraction... The theme of the ride being a history of humans and their “sparks,” or “purposes” in life. It’d honestly be a beautiful attraction and in my opinion, a worthy replacement and update.
Hard pass... Put a Soul attraction where Stitch was in the Magic Kingdom, it doesn’t fit there either but who cares anymore.

Marden

As a side note, if Disney is hellbent on inserting IPs on property, I would much rather see some of the classics get love before the newer stuff (nothing against the newer stuff).

A Sword in the Stone ride. A coaster based on the 101 Dalmatians car chase scene (ok; maybe that's a bit dark).

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
As a side note, if Disney is hellbent on inserting IPs on property, I would much rather see some of the classics get love before the newer stuff (nothing against the newer stuff).

A Sword in the Stone ride. A coaster based on the 101 Dalmatians car chase scene (ok; maybe that's a bit dark).
Which one will make Disney more money... classics? Or new IPs geared to this generation’s kids?

Once again, I agree with you. But business Disney doesn’t.

Cmdr_Crimson

I personally consider my soul version keeping it as close to the original as possible without remarkably changing it to a “storytelling” ride
Ah, so were going to have guests walk either side of SSE only to find they fall in an open manhole to their demise.......
f552523fdf4cb506f5162ee2f208dff2.gif

Allow me to be a voice ONCE again...
4AwxnvU8mRyfl8dNItLnMuY3Z9E=.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom