Cmdr_Crimson

Something like that

e959f903bb395ec4115a1315266d6387.gif

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

Last edited by a moderator:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'd bet Tuba Skinny would take a six-month gig...

I was thinking more in the line of Louis Armstrong, Miles Davis, Duke Ellington, Dizzy” Gillespie, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong, Thelonius Monk, Billie Holiday, Count Basie, Herbie Hancock, Wynton Marsalis, Sarah Vaughan, Cab Calloway, John Coltran, Etta James.

That would be great for the Soul/Jazz museum/exhibit coming in the auspicious month of February, in which such type of musicians were featured in the film, Soul. Which is just about a person who happens to be a jazz musician... and nothing else noteworthy.

JohnD

Soul is coming to EPCOT....

So I watched the movie over the weekend. Very good. Not a kiddie movie at all. It's not an easy IP that you can just dump into a park and create a ride. An exhibit for the "Soul of Jazz" makes sense in the American pavilion. As for the exploration of the soul, that could be an exhibit in the Play pavilion, if and when it is ever built. Other than that, I don't see any kind of ride or character interactions from it.

JohnD

I liked the movie, though I don't want anymore IP at Epcot. The only place I could see a Soul attraction going is Imagination, which I would hate because that'd mean we won't ever get the proper Dreamfinder and Figment attraction.

Except this IP explores the type of heavy stuff I thought we wanted Epcot to explore. I honestly can't see making a ride out of it but I can understand the Soul of Jazz exhibit in the American Pavilion and I could see an exhibit on the "soul" in the Play pavilion if and when it is ever built.

Last edited:

JohnD

That's a terrible opinion. You're telling me that the same company who made rides based on Song of the South, a car company, Aerosmith, an elevator, and a greenhouse wouldn't be able to create an attraction based off of the emotional roller coaster that is Soul? Just a TINY bit of creativity and you could work with a LOT of ideas from this film. Yeesh.

I know. Let's retheme GOTG to Soul stat. The initial ascent is like ascending to, well, after. But then you decide you don't want to go. The rest of the coaster is themed around the main character trying to get back to his real life. Yes, I'm being sarcastic. I loved the movie too but don't think it works well as an attraction. Exhibits, on the other hand, work better. There is already one on jazz coming to AA. I can see a serious exploration of the soul exhibit as well. A ride would be overkill (pun intended).

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Except this IP explores the type of heavy stuff I thought we wanted Epcot to explore. I honestly can't see making a ride out of it but I can understand the Soul of Jazz exhibit in the American Pavilion and I could see an exhibit on the "soul" in the Play pavilion if and when it is ever built.

Well it is in the Discovery area of Epcot. They could rework the Play pavilion to be about discovering different Music genres. Kinda works actually.

Homemade Imagineering

You're right about Soul's appropriateness for a park such as Epcot. All I was saying, is that I wouldn't want the Imagination pavilion to lose its potential to any sort of IP, because the original attraction was very much timeless, and already worked. I'd love to see an updated version of the original attraction using technology that wasn't available in 1982. There is so much potential in resurrecting the original attraction, in an even more timeless manner than before. The characters and concept are timeless. I'd love to see Soul represented at Epcot, but I certainly wouldn't want to see it shoehorned into an already existing facility. I don't think the IP would necessarily work for a standalone ride like you mentioned, so that's just another reason as to why I wouldn't want to see it shoehorned into Imagination, because that space deserves a grand attraction once again, that isn't some sort of walkthrough or show.

JohnD

You're right about Soul's appropriateness for a park such as Epcot. All I was saying, is that I wouldn't want the Imagination pavilion to lose its potential to any sort of IP, because the original attraction was very much timeless, and already worked. I'd love to see an updated version of the original attraction using technology that wasn't available in 1982. There is so much potential in resurrecting the original attraction, in an even more timeless manner than before. The characters and concept are timeless. I'd love to see Soul represented at Epcot, but I certainly wouldn't want to see it shoehorned into an already existing facility. I don't think the IP would necessarily work for a standalone ride like you mentioned, so that's just another reason as to why I wouldn't want to see it shoehorned into Imagination, because that space deserves a grand attraction once again, that isn't some sort of walkthrough or show.

I agree with you about Imagination. I want them to go back to Imagination 1.0. They have the audio track. Feel free to upgrade it to 21st Century tech but go back to the original ride otherwise.

Homemade Imagineering

I really think Soul would especially work as an underlying theme around World Celebration, having the IP represented in various mediums throughout the World Celebration area. There is much potential for seamless integration there, if done correctly.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Soul is coming to EPCOT....

That was fast-tracked! I don't know whether to be impressed or worried. Hope it's a proper celebration and not something slapped together JUST to promote a movie.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That was fast-tracked! I don't know whether to be impressed or worried. Hope it's a proper celebration and not something slapped together JUST to promote a movie.
Well, Soul was supposed to hit theaters this past Fall.

And the Diversity Group, I suppose, was looking for things to add.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom