News Sosa Family Cigar Co. to permanently close at Disney Springs

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
This was a unique little gem in an otherwise bland Disney Springs, it’s a shame it’s closing. More and more adult things at Disney are going the way of the dodo. I’m sure this will be replaced with some rinky dinky shop that caters to mommy bloggers and their annoying kids. Sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:

rdarrylhudson

This was the only minority owed business in Disney Springs. A shame Disney appears to have forced him out. People can buy alcohol all over Disney springs and nobody seems to mind or care. Never seen an out of control cigar smoker but seen plenty of drunks there. But one small 600 square feet cigar store Disney goes out of its way to run out. I know the owner and several of the employees. Thank you Disney for putting people on unemployment and taking away a small refuge for cigar smokers.

rdarrylhudson

Always seemed busy when I was there. Never got to spend a lot of time inside and enjoy a cigar.

I wonder if the closure was the tenant's choice or the Disney's. Given the changes made to the DTD/Springs made in the past decade, this seemed like a relic of the past compared to the "hip/young/affluent" image the Springs has been going for.
Disney forced him out during lease renewals. Rumor has it the restaurant being built across from Sosa wanted them gone. A real shame

bhg469

This was the only minority owed business in Disney Springs. A shame Disney appears to have forced him out. People can buy alcohol all over Disney springs and nobody seems to mind or care. Never seen an out of control cigar smoker but seen plenty of drunks there. But one small 600 square feet cigar store Disney goes out of its way to run out. I know the owner and several of the employees. Thank you Disney for putting people on unemployment and taking away a small refuge for cigar smokers.
Do you know the circumstances of their closure? Disney is pretty awful at decision making but they're not going to close something that makes money.. that's a tiny store and whatever replaces it will not be substantial.

rdarrylhudson

I always thought it was a strange choice for Disney, but it’s always sad to see things go that people enjoy. Hopefully they replace it with something spectacular.
What strange? Disneyland had a tobacco store on main Street for years. But alcohol was not allowed. What a turn-around and slap in Walt Disney's face.

Lilofan

Disney forced him out during lease renewals. Rumor has it the restaurant being built across from Sosa wanted them gone. A real shame
Sosa Cigar had a store at Pleasure Island craziness nights then moved to Downtown Disney around 9/11. If some complain about drunks one hasn’t seen the wild times at adults only PI back in the day.

Prince-1

Put your mask back on it might help you. Better than the drunks walking around. Yall are kinda noxious

I’m good with less drunks as well. Good idea, do you have any others?

By the way, it looks like your name on here is some massive (no pun intended) wishful thinking.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Oh I like booze and never said otherwise. I just do not like the amount of drunks at World Showcase. I guess reading comprehension isn’t one of your strong suits. 🤣
More of the drunks I encountered during Food and Wine were at UK and France. Started drinking round the world at Mexico didn’t make it past American Adventure.

hiddenmickey75

This was a unique little gem in an otherwise bland Disney Springs, it’s a shame it’s closing. More and more adult things at Disney are going the way of the dodo. I’m sure this will be replaced with some rinky dinky shop that caters to mommy bloggers and their annoying kids. Sigh.
Well said. This is very unfortunate news. I guess I will need to find disneys smoking allowed section at the springs and light up, it's probably in the parking lot. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom