Sorcerers of the MK (video)

bullsforthewin

Surprise surprise...Disney does something innovative and fun and really does it well and the target audience loves it but some random haters who did not experience come on here and lie about it and make up joke complaints about it...so predictable.

zweltar

I've never done KimPossible before, so I have no reference point to judge this idea. I've never played or seen this in person, either, so I can't really speak to whether it is good or bad.

All I know is that my wife and I look forward to trying this out when we are there. Then I'll figure out if it is for me or not.

Even if it isn't for me and other people like it, then good. That means they will be playing this game while I have shorter lines for the attractions I do enjoy! :sohappy:

dreamscometrue

Original Poster
Socerers is still in the testing phase, so even if one doesn't like it, perhaps the 'final' version will be different in some respects (volume, etc.), than the video shows.

Magenta Panther

The overall plot does not revolve around Izma (at least when I played it didn't). Hades is trying to take over the Magic Kingdom by collecting magic crystal shards and is recruiting villains to help him collect them. Each adventure in each land you are fighting a villain from a disney movie that fits that land (Ratcliff from Pocahontas and Dr. Facilier in Liberty Square, Jafar & Scar in Adventureland, etc) but each time you are sent back to that land you fight a different villain and when you have defeated all of the villains that Hades has recuited (which can take a while since there are multiple adventures in each land) then you will take on Hades himself in a final battle.

Thank you! That does sound more interesting.

wilkeliza

To those that keep saying it is too easy I think you are all missing the fact that this is still in early testing. Once the game is fully launched the value at the bottom of each card will mean something. If a villain attacks and your magic or defense is too low the portal will close. Merlin is even currently telling players that in the introduction video but that aspect has not been turned on. Cast members are all through out Magic Kingdom listening during the testing periods to what people are saying. The volume of the system is still being adjusted and the over-all impression is being worked out.

I look forward to being able to try this out and hopefully it is either still in testing in late January or in full operation. I think it just needs some time and Disney will work out the kinks.

I like that unlike Kim Possible Disney has the ability to change and update this year to year. I think it will have a great re-playability aspect to it unlike Kim Possible that never changes.

THECARISMINE

Worse yet, I fail to see how this is engaging at all. This is essentially an expensive version of the old Pokemon games for Game Boy. There is essentially nothing tangible at stake, and the payoff for accomplishing anything is underwhelming.

:rolleyes: Clearly someones never played Pokemon...

I think this looks pretty awesome! Sure it's only screens but who's to say they won't add more elements if it gets popular, I could see these cards becoming the new trading pins for kids. Are there any plans for the cards to be implemented as a TCG outside the parks. The cash value seems crazy if it were to be done right.

Thurp

According to a posting Jeff Lange made on YouTube, there are different difficulty levels. They were offered the opportunity to play a medium difficulty game which includes the ability to lose battles.

Supposedly this video shows it but I just don't have the time to watch all of it right now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwftvz0YmO0

Disneyfanman

If there is any challenge at all then I can tell you my family would love to try this! When Disney did the gameboy downloads for Pirates years ago (You had to locate the pirate crossbones and turn on your game boy with the pirates game activated) my kids went nuts. I love that they are trying new things, and you have to give them credit for creativity.

If the game is nothing more than finding and activating video screens then we will get bored quickly and quit.

There is a nifty little attraction in the Wisconsin Dells area called Wizards Quest. You have to locate and figure out clues in a giant maze. Kids and adults love it..........the first time. Watching the screens kind of reminded me of that place. And if the quest can change with updates, and if there is a challenge to this, then Disney may have a hit on its hands.

dreamfinder

I played this today. Definitely still in the pre-testing stages. I wasn't allowed to keep the cards, and some of the training stations were still held together with gaffers tape. I wasn't offered any difficulty levels, just given a map, a key card, and 5 cards from the deck, given the quick training demo, and sent on my way. Played 3 different "battles" Ursula, Jafar, and Governor Radcliffe. My initial major complaint is that all 3 battles were identical. Got an intro video, a battle with a single spell, a "block" battle", another single spell, and then a double spell. Now if they are doing different levels, then that would probably be the easy level. If the other levels do deal with the varying strengths on the cards, then it would have much more replay value. And I can possibly even see them having an offline way to play with the cards, ALA Magic The Gathering. I could post my videos, but they pretty much echo what has been posted. I was told that we couldn't keep the cards as they didn't print them in large quantities as they want to make sure that all the cards work properly before doing large print runs. The spells are pretty darn funny. I got Snow White's Housecleaning, Bolt's Super Bark, Winnie The Pooh's Honey Bees, Prince Phillip's Enchanted Sword, and Grumpy's Pummeling Pickaxe.

A few points I picked up.
- Initial 70 card deck. Will be supplemented by additional themed decks later on
- Each player/team will get a 5 card starter deck. Players will be able to keep the cards they get. This deck will let the player play the game successfully, but players will benefit from additional cards.
- Additional cards/decks will eventually be for sale in the stores.

Clever Name

I like that unlike Kim Possible Disney has the ability to change and update this year to year. I think it will have a great re-playability aspect to it unlike Kim Possible that never changes.
I agree. Later versions may incorporate a Hip-Hop Hero that helps the children to use rap music to rhyme out their spells to defeat the villains. Yo yo! :wave:

HMF

My final thoughts, I am not particularly fond of it and feel it could be MUCH better but I am not going to lose sleep over it.

rangerbob

I went over on Sunday to test this and and we loved it. We were back and forth between the 3 lands (Liberty Square and Frontierland is combined into one). We did about 4 of the quests first and stopped for a while and my 14yo son wanted to do more so my oldest broke off from us and continued.

As we were in Fantasyland I kept noticing these 3 guys over our shoulders and watching and then moving to another location. As we finished our game they walked over and asked what we thought of it. I didn't want to keep them for too long and asked if they worked on it and they said that they were part of the development team. They were in street clothes and didn't have name tags. I asked about when it will be fully operational and if more cards will be able to be purchased and they said both are still up in the air.

I know that I really enjoyed it and it looked like many of the other people did too. I think we spent about 3-4 hours on it. I don't see a lot of normal park guests spending that much time on it. This will be a good extra additional thing for annual passholders to do when they visit the parks. I know taht I will be back next Sunday to join in again. I will try to split myself and youngest up from the oldest so we can gain some additional cards.

When we signed up we only got 5 cards 1 key card to open the portal and then 4 spell cards. They were all from the same location 20, 21, 23 & 24.

csm

Do any MK regulars know if Sorcerers is to a point where it is testing daily with park guests yet? I've heard conflicting reports.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom