Sorcer Hat?

• Keep It

Votes: 87 47.0%
  • Blow it to kingdom come!

Votes: 98 53.0%

• Total voters

Connor002

Original Poster
OK, so everone's talking about the epcot wand poll, and the results are surprising, so is seems natural to do a poll on the sorcer hat

Keep it up or take it down
Choose wisely :drevil:

barnum42

themack618 said:
i say keep it, but at least move it to a different location so that it doesnt block the Great Movie Ride.
That's what I was going to say. It would look good outside the front gates. Plenty of room for it there.

MiCkEyROCKSxalp

They Should make a one time firework show call, The Eplosion of the The Wonderful (ya, right) Hat ( BLOW UP THAT STUPID DUMB Hat ) sorry :) i just think it really ruins the orignal feel of walking down Hollywood Bvld. and see the Great Movie Ride

General Grizz

OK. Nice idea. Wrong place.

The enjoyment that comes from the hat I guess comes at the idea of the Sorcerer Mickey hat itself. But the area was not designed for it. A spectacle awaits just behind it.

I will agree with others. Move it to the entrance, heck, or even the animation section (as tribute to the Burbank studios architecture!)

imagineersrock

PBarton said:
Lose it! - Big time...

It ruins a classic view down Hollywood Blvd.

Enough said..
Couldn't have said it better myself... I wouldn't mind it somewhere else in the park, but the current location just sucks. It ruined one of the best views in the park.

SpenceMan01

My beef with it, too, is with it blocking the Chinese Theatre. It totally ruins the way things were supposed to looking coming into the park and messes with the themeing.

Now that I've gotten a chance to really dislike the thing, I don't even want them to relocate it... just get rid of it.

Hey... maybe they can make a park around 'Extinct Disney Park Icons' and throw that damn wand and arm in there too!

Connor002

Original Poster
SpenceMan01 said:
My beef with it, too, is with it blocking the Chinese Theatre. It totally ruins the way things were supposed to looking coming into the park and messes with the themeing.

Now that I've gotten a chance to really dislike the thing, I don't even want them to relocate it... just get rid of it.

Hey... maybe they can make a park around 'Extinct Disney Park Icons' and throw that damn wand and arm in there too!

the wand, the hat, and Eisner :lol:

(sorry, couldn't help myself :hammer: , had to do an everyone hates Eisner joke)

i actually like it, just not the position

KnK

General Grizz said:
OK. Nice idea. Wrong place.

The enjoyment that comes from the hat I guess comes at the idea of the Sorcerer Mickey hat itself. But the area was not designed for it. A spectacle awaits just behind it.

I will agree with others. Move it to the entrance, heck, or even the animation section (as tribute to the Burbank studios architecture!)

My thoughts also!

KevinFSU

I think the Sorcerer's Hat is the centerpiece of the park, same as Cinderella's Castle, Spaceship Earth, and the Tree of Life. The others were all built specifically for the park,and are originals to the park. Mann's Chinese Theater is certainly nothing Disney. Remember, this is the DISNEY Studios, and should have a Disney centerpiece. Mann's Chinese Theater certainly doesn't say "Disney". I think if you ask most people what they associate with the Studios, the Sorcerer's Hat wins hands down over the theater. I certainly have a load of scrapbooking Sorcerer's Hat stickers, and not a single Chinese Theater one.

DisneyMissy

I like the hat, but then again I was only there once, this past March. Last time I was in Disney they were only building that park. So I didn't get to see what it looked like before the hat.

DisneyWales

Magic Hat

KevinFSU said:
I think if you ask most people what they associate with the Studios, the Sorcerer's Hat wins hands down over the theater.

I think thats the point here, I love the hat, i guess it may have something to do with the fact that I was added for 100 Years of Magic, my first vist, so I guess I have am symbolic tie to it.

The park Icon used to be the Earful Tower, but you cant really see it in the park, and you can't walk upto it, so its a useless park icon im my opinion.

I feel the sorcerer's hat symbolises the magic of Disney Movies, better than a Water Tower with Ears.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom