Sorcer Hat, Up or Down (Poll)

Sorcer Hat?

• Keep It

Votes: 87 47.0%
  • Blow it to kingdom come!

Votes: 98 53.0%

• Total voters

imagineer boy

I also agree that it should be moved. It really upsets me that it blocks the view of the great movie ride. Not to mention, its not a very good icon for the park. What does Mickey's Scorcerer's hat have to do with the greatest films ever made or film making in general? I vote for moving it to the front of the park, maybe with some fountains. I still perfer the water tower to be the icon.

MINECAR

Account Suspended
It sould me moved but not out of MGM. If you ask me It kinda feels like the only trade mark thing in MGM.(I mean Like the castle is to MK) The water tower doesn't count.

1stStarIC2nite

Move it..... it's nice but not where it is right now. I think it's too big for the Animation Courtyard (and then will block other buildings) so why not put it near the entrance (where a billboard usually is) or on the path going back to Fantasmic??? That might work..

Expo_Seeker40

I do like the Sorcerer Hat, however I do not like it's current location and support either it's demolition or location change. I think the front of the park, or where others have suggested are more appropriate then where it sits.

I look at it this way, not necessarly must we see every park icon smack dab infront of us or be able to walk right up to it. Knowing that the earful tower is there, seing it from various locations, and knowing it was the park's symbol is fine with me.

Remember the water tower is placed with a studio backlot area and rightfully so.

The chinese theatre is a wonderful thing that Disney has recreated. It should be something more to honor and not just hide away. Though fantasia is a wonderful film, it only envonkes the story of one movie, where the chiese theatre celebtrates much of hollywood's best.

To see the chineese theatre peacefully at the end of hollywood boulveard without the hat is a prized and unique thing for Disney-MGM, it should not be upstructed by the hat.

So with the options I have to vote, I choose removing it, however I would support it to stay, but in a far different location and away from the Great Movie Ride.

I dont get why Disney keeps stuffing this tacky nonsense into the parks. First the want on epcot, then the sorcer hat, then the crashed security van at DTD to promote Stich Encounter, UGH.

Connor002

Original Poster
Ghostbuster626 said:
I dont get why Disney keeps stuffing this tacky nonsense into the parks. First the want on epcot, then the sorcer hat, then the crashed security van at DTD to promote Stich Encounter, UGH.

DTD?

sorry, thats a new one to me, what does it stand for

LostNametag

Aww, I like the Hat. If they move it, I want it! I see peoples' points though. There isnt a giant blue hat in Hollywood. I guess its just a symbol of happiness for me because I worked there and always loved seeing it. I would miss it if it was gone. Maybe they could move it over by Fantasmic! Heh heh...

SirGoofy

Keep it. It gives the Studios a defineable icon.

Now I know most of you will yell, "What about the Earful Tower?" Well that has to be the worst icon out of them all. When I was little I could remember the castle and the "big golf ball," but I never remembered the water tower. I might be in the minority, but I love the hat.

wdwishes2005

okay i have to say this. how the heck would you move it? you cant put it on a forklift and drop it into another area, and im sure disney would spend precius imagineering money on moving a hat. i mean really where would they put it? right smack dab in front of ToT?

end rant

have a nice day.

Connor002

Original Poster
look at everything they've done over the years

compared to the attractions and scenery they've built over they years, moving a giant hat would be nothing

i mean think about it, they just built a mt. over in AK in under a year

wdwishes2005

Connor002 said:
look at everything they've done over the years

compared to the attractions and scenery they've built over they years, moving a giant hat would be nothing

i mean think about it, they just built a mt. over in AK in under a year

yes i know they COULD do it, but why waste the time to move/destroy something you put up a few years ago. although i would love for them to get rid of the !$!#$ing hat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom