Sorcer Hat?

• Keep It

Votes: 87 47.0%
  • Blow it to kingdom come!

Votes: 98 53.0%

• Total voters

Rcoaster809

Get rid of it! (Or at least move it)

MGM had two great park icons - The Great Movie Ride, and The Earful Tower (Not sure about that spelling). I really miss the view of TGMR from the entrance, it seemed so perfect, and now the hat is in the way.

DisneyFreak529

Take the darn thing down! I think it fits the park better if you can see "The Great Movie" ride as you walk down the street. Gives it that Hollywood feeling.

matrtj

I can't believe the poll is almost 50/50 when most of the comments say to get rid of it...

Nice idea, wrong place. How about out in the car park?

We parked just to the left of that big blue thing...

Or maybe next to the wand on top of SSE - get all the hated items in one place!

Edeyore

Carolwood said:
Ditto on moving it. The hat is neat...just at really bad bad location.

That would also be my suggestion. The hat is okay and a nice photo spot.
the placement of it, in front of the Great Movie Ride, was just stupid.
I think we need a third choice in the poll. How many for save it, but move it?

frcouk83

I like the hat but I do wish that they would move it. It would have been great in the Animation Courtyard (replace the green arch). I also understand that the Studios needed a Disney Icon in the middle of the park but they should have thought of that before they put GMR there.

PhilosophyMagic

General Grizz said:
Nice idea. Wrong place.

That's just it... MGM was the only park without a real centerpiece (weenie, for those who know), so it was good to give it one. It gave the park a more "magic" feel. Now every WDW park has a centerpiece that guests walk towards at the entrance to start the day. Moving it would lose the "walking towards centerpiece at a Disney park" feel.

On the other hand, it's a (relatively) UGLY centerpeice. I wish they could have come up with something that doesn't ruin the Hollywood Blvd. themeing. Overall, I think that for these reasons, having the hat at the end of the street is better than having nothing, but a better-themed centerpiece would be superb.

Jekyll Baker

I vote to keep it, BUT it does need to be moved!! It's a nice sculpture commemorating a wonderful movie. Several people have said to move it to the Animators Courtyard or the the front gates, but I think a better place would be to make it sort of gateway to Fantasmic - it fits in with the show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom