Something WDW's done RIGHT!

doop

I really enjoyed the Pirates of the Caribbean refurbishment including the new Jack Sparrow AA's. I'm also looking forward to seeing the Haunted Mansion refurbishment and of course TSMM! :D

Rototom

Here's a simple one...

Quality and diversity of the counter food offerings.

I remember only eating burgers and chicken strips in the late 90's.

My last trip in December had a great deal of variety!

wolf359

I'm happy to say that there have been so many new great things in the last couple of years I'll probably forget a few right now.

The new Haunted Mansion and Pirates updates are awesome. A perfect example in how a classic attraction can be updated and freshened up for a new generation without hurting what made those attractions classic in the first place.

Expedition: Everest. An instant classic, and a BIG return to form for Imagineering. Great queue, great ride, great theming, and a welcome addition to the Animal Kingdom.

Spaceship Earth. Overall, a much improved attraction. I'm not sold on the new narration and the new musical score is a BIG letdown, but all the plussing done to the sets and animatronics are simply beautiful. I think the blue starfield in the descent is really cool and I'm probably in the minority, but I think the screens are okay. I think the old, mostly burned out fiber optic and neon tubing in the old descent needed to go, and I'm excited to find out what else might be added to the ending.

I really like the Laugh Floor, and the fact it will be a different show each time adds a lot of re-rideability to it.

And there are plenty of smaller things too. I think the upkeep and polish on the parks and the attractions has shown a lot of improvement lately. The holiday overlay on the Castle this winter was simply beautiful, and a welcome surprise.

But I think the most exciting thing is that in spite of all of the recent changes and additions there's still SO much more on the way. We're right in the middle of a new building boom, and I think we're in position to have a great looking, fun, and exciting Walt Disney World in time for the 40th anniversary.

hpyhnt 1000

Something Disney does right... how about fireworks shows? The quality of them has definitely improved over the years, and just about all of them are top notch. Shows such as Reflections of Earth and Fantasmic are masterpieces, and demonstrate the hard work Disney puts into its nightly entertainment.

krankenstein

Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
Holiday Wishes
Gran Fiesta Tour

Those are just a few that come to mind that haven't already been mentioned.

WDW Monorail

EPCOT.
:D

Something Disney does right... how about fireworks shows? The quality of them has definitely improved over the years, and just about all of them are top notch. Shows such as Reflections of Earth and Fantasmic are masterpieces, and demonstrate the hard work Disney puts into its nightly entertainment.

:sohappy:

I must also say that the negativity found on this board is positive (if that makes sense) compared to certain other 'things' which I read that are related to WDW.

Cane27

I just think they do a great job in operational execution. The monorails come in a timely manner, as do the busses for the most part. The cleanliness despite the throngs of people. The people working at the walkup restaurants working like maniacs on getting food out the door. everything just seems to be in sync.

Disneykidder

Cool thread but not a cool thread. There are soooo many things that Disney does right. The most important thing is making me feel like a kid and forgetting about reality and some of the problems that I face in everyday life. Being at Disney makes me feel so differeent...that there is magic, hope and goodness all around!!:wave:(awe....a warm fuzzy)

wvdisneyfamily

Where do I start? Disney does so much right. The whole Disney experience is incredible! I love the rides and I think Disney does a wonderful job with them. However, it's so much more. It's the smells, sights, sounds, tears in your eyes:cry:, smile on your face:), and memories that make me say Disney did something right. Very few experiences in life leave the impression on you that a Disney trip does. :sohappy:

lilo091701

I LOVED the new BLOCK PARTY BASH!!!!!!! We sat on the street in the entrance to the Studios!!! We were in the Toy Story part of the parade when it stopped. It was so much fun!!! Lots of energy and interaction!!!
Can't wait to go again and sit in the Monsters Inc. and Bugs Life area!!!!!

yankspy

It is hard to put my finger on one particular thing. I have to say that the best thing that has been done recently is that they have continued to make magic. I still get chills down by back when I am walking on Main street and I look up and see the castle. That tells me that they are doing many things right. :)

GoofyMom2

Oh, my....so many wonderful things to list. A few of our new favorites:

My kids just loved the new Block Party Bash....especially when they threw out bouncy balls at the end.

The HM refurb.....great new touches.

Club Cool....a nice respite from the heat of the parks....and watching a friend convince another to try Beverly is always a show in of itself.... (OK, not new, but we always love it)

The new Waste Management activity in Innoventions...DS had a fun time.

The ride in the front of a monorail always shows us the Disney Magic.

FOTLK and Nemo musical.....plus EE......all of these make AK more than top-notch.....

All of the little details and moments that make Disney what it truly is......

Trading in Stars and Motor Cars for Block Party Bash. Studios definetly needed something bigger and better than a 12 minute parade.

The blue velvet YOAMD outfits for the characters. I know it's something small and sort of insignificant, but I really like them and I think they add something special.

Dream Along with Mickey, I love the show even though I could live without the moving heads. It's a great show in the spirit of a lot of the circa 1980's entertainment in the parks.

Good thread Jen! I like the positive threads lol

I know this is not a parks thing but I like the Disney shows being shown on the Travel channel :D and I liked the magical gatherings they had, I still get special treatment from CMs whenever I wear my Magical Gatherings Shirt :p

Expedition everist is certainly an incredible attraction but to me the best thing I have ssen yet is the Christmas lighting of Cinderellas Castle. I am a grown man who by many is considered "tough" and non sympathetic but I found the castle bringing a lump in my throat and really is a magical event.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom