Something WDW's done RIGHT!

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
To balance out negativity in the forums, I thought it would be nice if we all listed some things in our opinion WDW has done wonderfully recently. I'm sure the good outweighs the bad and we need an opportunity to see it. Also, this will be a good chance to witness how you might not like something, but someone else loves it!

OI'll go first...

I absolutely LOVE that Dreamfinder and Figment are being reintroduced throughout the Parks via merchandise, pins, etc. I also LOVE the retro EPCOT Center merchandise too.

Your turn! :wave:

Philo

I loved the pirates and Princess Party. I liked the SSE updates, TSM sounds fantastic and most of all Disney recently gave us the most fantastic honeymoon we could have hoped for!

I love the new room in the Haunted Mansion! The one with the stairs going in all different directions.

I also love Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean. At first i was kind of worried but all they did was slip him in seamlessly and didn't interupt the story of the ride. He also looked so real!

brkgnews

Gosh... so much stuff they've done, I've loved.

The updates to the Land Pavilion were well done, as were the updates to HM and PotC.

Beyond that, I'm allllll about the little touches... background music, hidden Mickeys, etc. Every little thing like that makes me smile to no end! Ever been to a theme park where there's no background music? It's eeeeeerily quiet and not fun at all!

CaptainMichael

They hired me of course!:king:

:lookaroun

Other than that, I am very impressed with the HM refurb, the SSE refurb, Finding Nemo the Musical, Expedition Everest, and Mission: Space.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Haunted Mansion refurb
Expediton Everest
Pixar Studios and Toy Story Midway Mania
Pirates of the Caribbean refurb
Cinderella Castle Christmas light show

mouselvrmom

To balance out negativity in the forums, I thought it would be nice if we all listed some things in our opinion WDW has done wonderfully recently. I'm sure the good outweighs the bad and we need an opportunity to see it. Also, this will be a good chance to witness how you might not like something, but someone else loves it!

OI'll go first...

I absolutely LOVE that Dreamfinder and Figment are being reintroduced throughout the Parks via merchandise, pins, etc. I also LOVE the retro EPCOT Center merchandise too.

Your turn! :wave:

What a great idea for a thread! :sohappy:

I agree with everything that has been posted here. I also like that disney has added interactive shows that the kids love and the parents can enjoy too like monsters inc. laugh floor and turtle talk with crush (which really isn't new but :lookaroun)

DizneyPryncess

-Continuing to add Hidden Mickey's to the attractions, it gives everyone something new to do!
-Adding Soarin'
-Making Jack Sparrow a park character, he's spot on for the real thing!
-Adding photo sittings at other resorts besides GF
-Prebuying photo pass and adding new photopass "special" photos w/superimposed characters. (I love those!)

I like most things Disney does! I love the YOAMD, I know it gets a lot of criticism but I've enjoyed reading people's stories of magic!

wedway71

I agree.Every time Disney does ANYTHING there are always people who are negative.I have been on this site for a bout 8 years and can say that there are always some "Haters" when Disney makes any kind of decision.

I will say Disney must be doing not only something right but alot of Somethings right for the fact that WDW is the most popular destination in the world.

rlaeromech

GREAT THREAD! In the spirit Walt Himself!

I liked the HM refurb!
I didn't hate the Wand, but like SSE without it!
YOMD has been great!
FL REsident discounts make the trips for me affordable.

Honestly, I try to purposely not see the things "they do wrong".. I've heard that if you look for the bad in people or things, you will probably find it!"

Boray

I love the variety found everywhere on property. Variety in attractions, dining experiences, visuals, music, etc. In our world of homogenization and consolidation, it's nice to see people and places not willing to compromise for the sake of ease and low cost. I love imagination; it is everywhere at the world.

As far as I'm concerned, that's what is right about WDW! :sohappy:

2gether

Cool thread!

I am pretty pumped about the upcoming Contemporary DVC...I know a lot of people don't like it but we will be jumping on that bandwagon.

I like all the things the others have mentioned, especially the HM makeover, Soarin', and Expedition Everest. I am really looking forward to Midway Madness.

All in all, I just love WDW. I cannot wait until my next trip, ever.

Tiggerfanatic

THE MONORAIL!! No trip would be complete without at least one ride (though now that I've turned myself into a Contemporary snob, I'll get to ride it lots on all my trip!!)

Year Of A Million Dreams, not had anything myself yet but I always enjoy hearing nice stories.
Mickeys Phillarmagic
Soarin
All the Night shows, they bring such a nice end to the day
Club Cool/Ice Station
Being able to visit the resorts even if your not staying there.

disney21

I love the variety found everywhere on property. Variety in attractions, dining experiences, visuals, music, etc. In our world of homogenization and consolidation, it's nice to see people and places not willing to compromise for the sake of ease and low cost. I love imagination; it is everywhere at the world.

As far as I'm concerned, that's what is right about WDW! :sohappy:
I couldn't have said this any better. the endless amount of things to do and see is what i love. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom