Something needs to change with MK close on non Party Nights

Sonconato

It's crazy how often that happens. Monorails are going down every time we are there.
It used to be quite efficient. It's too bad now.
They clearly need to be replaced.
I agree. We used to go every Saturday until we got sick of dealing with it, so we took a 3-month hiatus hoping things would change. First time back and we were wrong.

drizgirl

I agree. We used to go every Saturday until we got sick of dealing with it, so we took a 3-month hiatus hoping things would change. First time back and we were wrong.
You probably skipped 3 less packed months and came back just in time for the fall insanity (school breaks, Halloween parties, F/W festival always pack them in). It's especially worse on a Saturday in party season when it's one of the few nights the park is open late.

phillip9698

Ive heard nothing but bad things about the TTC and MK. I guess there is a reason why so many travel blogs state the MK is the one park you should take the buses to from your resort as the parking and TTC situation adds hours to your departure.

NickMaio

Ive heard nothing but bad things about the TTC and MK. I guess there is a reason why so many travel blogs state the MK is the one park you should take the buses to from your resort as the parking and TTC situation adds hours to your departure.
Yes it can be quite bad - - this summer it took us almost 2 hours to get back to our car after fireworks.
The MK is just too packed.....not enough exits and transportation.
In our case the Monorail went down, leaving the boats and 1 bus station number.

It can be unreal, for such an organized place.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Yes it can be quite bad - - this summer it took us almost 2 hours to get back to our car after fireworks.

Well, after the bridge is in, you'll be able to walk to the TTC.

The Mom

Premium Member
Point of information - resort IDs were supposed to be shown before getting on the resort monorails in the 80s - but often no one checked except if it was busy. I was over 30 back then. It may have changed after the first "value" resort was built. I remember having to show it, and then I didn't. The same with buses, but guests were rarely asked to show their card.

I'm sure my daughter has no idea about whether or not she showed a resort card.

Trackmaster

Everybody values their time. And everybody should have to wait for their turn.

I believe in rationing systems, but I don't know why that means that everybody has to not only pay admission, but also stand around like caged animals for some reason for hours on end for five minute rides.

Paper straw fan

I believe in rationing systems, but I don't know why that means that everybody has to not only pay admission, but also stand around like caged animals for some reason for hours on end for five minute rides.

Then...maybe don’t go to parks? Or only go in slow season? Maybe you already are, which if so, good idea- I get the ‘some people don’t value their time’ part, but the other is you stating your time is more important than others, which, unless you’re a heart surgeon, no, it isn’t.

That’s not to say you aren’t entitled to walk to a queue with a shorter line, or walk around slower people. By all means. And I do tend to also “play thru” people just standing around at quick serve queues, and those who decide to hold a family meeting directly in front of the FP entrance. But it’s coming off as ‘out of my way, plebes’ which, when I get that vibe from people at parks, I tend to make sure they get to wait like the rest of us.

Last edited:

KCheatle

For as long as I can remember, it has been an absolute mad house leaving MK after the fireworks. I think it's a bit naive to expect any different. People are already pushing their kids too late into the evening to watch the fireworks because they think it is a "must do" for their Disney experience despite exhaustion, and for some, it may in fact be a "must do." For the others, even if they left the park open, I think the vast majority would still leave after the fireworks because it's a natural end to the day. I don't like dealing with the crowds, and so I have to make a choice of whether I leave early, or stay and shop after the fireworks. I also make the choice to stay at WL so I can just hop on the boat, which never seems to have a crowd issue. So, you do have some choices to avoid this.

I have to assume Disney is already running max monorails at that point. There is no point in widening the sidewalk to the monorail if you can't fit the people on the monorail. I can see multiple reasons for restricting the population getting on the resorts monorail. Not only is it a traffic flow issue, but also a security issue. I suspect they don't want to induce people to hang out at the resorts who are not resort guests at late hours. It's better from a liability perspective to force those people to the TTC and away from the resorts. Obviously, they cannot prevent other means of getting to the resorts, but this certaintly decreases the likelihood.

Absolutely wrong. People staying at monorail resorts DESERVE their own monorail. If you want the exclusive use of a monorail, stay at a monorail resort. Otherwise, ride the "TTC Express" monorail or the boat.
YES!!! Exactly this!! We stayed at Poly for our last two trips and I can vividly remember a very rude man trampling my son and I as we were walking up the path to the resort monorail to go back to Poly. He had switched from the express route because the line was too long for him and the resort one was shorter. I sat there and thought, they really should make this for resort guests only. My son and I are returning in February for another stay at Poly and I hope the system of checking remains!

Sonconato

I absolutely agree with you. The reason we didn't go for three months is because the monorail kept breaking down, every week practically. It also used to be that instead of the monorail there was the option to take the bus before the fireworks started, but we learned on our most recent visit to MK that now they don't even start the buses until the fireworks are over. At least one bus going to the TTC all the time would be helpful. If the monorail breaks down like it did to us, good luck!

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Contemporary guest, but this resulted in the line to the ferry and express monorail clogging up the entire entry way and lead to frustrated people faking handicap status (trust me, it was someone faking, they somehow got on the platform with a MK wheelchair and she was fit and in her 20s) to try and get on resort line (didn’t work, got kicked out of line) and people walking to the contemporary to board the monorail overwhelming that station (the line for security spilled into the concourse and the entire queue full upstairs.) Mind you I exited the park at 10:45.

You don't have to be out of shape to have a disability, nor do you have to have a disability that others can see for there to be one. Judging someone because you couldn't visibly see their handicap makes you the terrible person here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom