Something needs to change with MK close on non Party Nights

Disorbust

So actually WC abuse is a thing, one because it's cheaper to rent a chair then a scooter. My kids have friends that have done it to get to the front of the line and yes I hope there is karma in the world.

I personally witnesses a famiy trading off riding in the wc because it was "their turn".

Trackmaster

Some out of the box ideas that could help with MK's issues.

• Build a parking garage right next to the park, maybe using the lot of the nearest hotel. Make part of the garage parking for the hotel, and the other preferred parking for MK, and eliminate preferred parking from the TTC.
  • Have Magic Buses run from where the trams pick people up at the TTC to get them to the monorail to the bus station. So at least you're not transferring and waiting in two lines. They could allow people to use the monorail/ferry as well to help with the traffic.
  • Make the TTC more happening and interesting so people are likely to want to go there earlier, and people will have something to do to seperate the time on the monorail from the time getting in their car.
    • Along the same lines as this put some fireworks or a great show over the lake between MK and the TTC that's visible from both sides, but better on the TTC. This will pull some people to the TTC earlier so everyone isn't trying to go at the same time. Or people stay at the MK side later, and while some people getting out early and skipping it, the crowds will still be spread out.

Trackmaster

have people no patience anymore?

i get its uncomfortable but do people not prepare themselves knowing they are going to MK?

Patience is irrelevance. Those are just people who value their time. I guess unlike some people who don't do anything of significance to the point where the value of their time is very low.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
I think the Resort Monorail is being used more than ever because less people are going blind to WDW anymore, more prepare online now. I understand people pay big for monorail resort convenience but it should never have needed to come to that in the first place.

This situation is lame on MKs part. Bad enough the non-party days are artificially packed to the gills, doing nothing to ease the congestion for park closing on those days aggravates people into resentment over price increases. Do they want us happily parting with our money, or making a game out of how cheap a trip we can take to proactively offset disappointment?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Just because you are staying at a WDW monorail resort does not mean you should get special treatment. We ALL need to get back home or to our resorts.
Absolutely wrong. People staying at monorail resorts DESERVE their own monorail. If you want the exclusive use of a monorail, stay at a monorail resort. Otherwise, ride the "TTC Express" monorail or the boat.

NickMaio

Absolutely wrong. People staying at monorail resorts DESERVE their own monorail. If you want the exclusive use of a monorail, stay at a monorail resort. Otherwise, ride the "TTC Express" monorail or the boat.
Glad to know I'm wrong. Never mind the 100k paying guests.
WDW is already becoming more elitist by the minute.

NickMaio

I was there. I stayed at both the Contemporary and the Poly. I had to show resort ID to get on the resort loop. How old are you, again...?
Thanks for the condescending tone. I'm old enough to remember riding the monorail for the entire decade of 1980......my family never stayed at any resort. Yet ever year we rode the monorail. I have many pictures and memories to prove this.
How old are you again........

Touchdown

Original Poster
Patience is one thing, I saw the chaos 45 min after park closing and the lines for express and the ferry were 45 min long, that means not getting on transportation until 90 min after park close which is far too long. Hopefully the walking path will help alleviate this

NickMaio

Patience is one thing, I saw the chaos 45 min after park closing and the lines for express and the ferry were 45 min long, that means not getting on transportation until 90 min after park close which is far too long. Hopefully the walking path will help alleviate this
Walking path? What is this you speak of.......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom