Trip Report Somehow I'll make a fan out of you - January 2018 **COMPLETED**

IMG_7611.jpg

:cry::cry::cry:

The post-Disney depression has officially set in. Actually, it set in as soon as I took the Tragical Express to MCO.

WHY does departure day exist?!?! Why can't I always be in my happy place!?! Why do I live in a place where the air hurts my skin?!?! Why can't I live in Orlando??

Such is life I guess!! To help cure my Disney blues and to hold me over until my next trip (which fortunately is never too far away), I thought I'd share my travels with all of you :joyfull:

[You can find my PTR here]
WHO: Myself (Rebecca/Becca) and my boyfriend Daniel
8rqfO5lzTe6+lgFf7UW65Q.jpg

WHEN: January 16th-22nd 2018
WHERE: Coronado Springs and Beach Club
WHY: Long story short, we've been dating for 3 years and wanted to celebrate!

This was Daniel's first trip as an adult (my 16th), he hasn't gone since he was 3 years old. He told me the only thing he remembered was riding Dumbo, so I knew that I had a challenge before me.... so I got inspiration from Mulan and thought to myself...

Somehow I'll make a FAN out of you!!!

Last edited:

becca_

Original Poster
So I thought I'd just through my PTR in this thread & then I'll make a new TR when I come back!
GGPU8285.JPG

This trip, it is going to be me and my Grandma, Joan (I call her GJ)! We have gone on many Disney trips in the past, the most recent being 2016, and so when I asked her if she wanted to go for my spring break, she immediately said yes :)

When: Sunday March 18th - Friday March 23rd
This trip was one of the main reasons why I got an AP!

Where: Wilderness Lodge! I am SO excited to be staying here - a first for the both of us!!

Our plans: I tried keeping things kind of low key, low stress, since neither of us really want to be rushing from place to place... especially since the weather is supposed to be mid 80s! BRING ON THE SUN!!!!!

Sunday 3/18 - Our flight leaves at 1:50pm and we land at 4:30pm. This is a perfect time for me since I have some school stuff to get done before we leave, so I'll have the whole morning to finish up! Our plan is to hit up Disney Springs for dinner and shopping (RIP bank account) and turn in slightly early.
Monday 3/19 - We have FPs at Epcot this day! I also am hoping that I get to meet up with @Longers @blgauger and possibly @DisneyJeff !! FPs are for Living with the land, Frozen, and Spaceship Earth. I know we both want to explore F & G so we will definitely do that. MK is open until 11pm so we may hop over there for fireworks, but I have no clue. The beauty of leaving things up in the air!
Tuesday 3/20 - DHS day, FPs for Toy Story Mania, ToT (for me... I may go on twice since GJ does not like this one), and Muppet Vision. Epcot and MK are both open until 11 so we have options.
Wednesday 3/21 - We are headed to MK!! FPs are for Big Thunder, SDMT, and Splash. I'm SOOOO excited to finally be getting on Splash since it was closed in January. MK is open again until 11 so I assume we will stay here the whole day, possibly take a mid day pool break.
Thursday 3/22 - My favorite park.... AK!! We have FPs for Kilimanjaro Safaris, FoP, and Dinosaur. I'm so excited to show GJ Pandora since she hasn't seen it yet! We might stay for RoL, not sure yet...
Friday 3/23 - Last Day :( :( :( But we are returning to MK for a little last bit of magic. MK opens at 7am so thankfully we will have plenty of time to explore before our flight. We have FPs for Space, Big Thunder, and Pirates. Our flight isn't until 3:45pm so we'll probably get picked up about 12:45pm.

And that's it! I will leave you with some pictures from our last adventure together in 2016. Promise I'll be back soon with lots of magic to share ;)
IMG_6715.JPG

IMG_6742.JPG

IMG_6745.JPG

IMG_6761.JPG

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
When: Sunday March 18th - Friday March 23rd
This trip was one of the main reasons why I got an AP!

Where: Wilderness Lodge! I am SO excited to be staying here - a first for the both of us!!

Our plans: I tried keeping things kind of low key, low stress, since neither of us really want to be rushing from place to place... especially since the weather is supposed to be mid 80s! BRING ON THE SUN!!!!!

We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge for the first time too!!! We are staying in a studio villa at Boulder Ridge. It's our first DVC trip since becoming members. We check in on the 21st. (Pre-Trip report here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/lets-spend-some-dvc-points.931031/)

I also have been keeping an eye on the weather forecast. I'm liking what I see!!! :cool:

becca_

Original Poster

sheriffwoody

You and your grandma :inlove::cry::inlove::cry: I CAN'T! So sweet. I wish my grandma was even a little interested in traveling with me...she's a major home-body!

Also, sad I'm going to miss you by about a week! Hope it's a great trip!

becca_

Original Poster
Those plans sound great.
Thanks!! Looking forward to it!!
Great report! Not sure much beats coming home from a Disney trip to find Magic bands waiting for you. Looking forward to the adventures with GJ!
Thank you!! :)
You and my sister are gonna be there at the same time! Everyone is going next week except me lol. Can't wait to see how you like the Wilderness Lodge!
Lol, I'm super excited! I need a break from school!!
You and your grandma :inlove::cry::inlove::cry: I CAN'T! So sweet. I wish my grandma was even a little interested in traveling with me...she's a major home-body!

Also, sad I'm going to miss you by about a week! Hope it's a great trip!
Stop you're too cute!! Thank you!! So excited for you to be able to use those flower ears I saw on instagram!! :inlove::joyfull:

blreinsel

My husband hates getting his picture made, so I will just do a bunch of solo shots

:hilarious: I won't tell Dylan that you typed that out...

I'm like LEGITIMATELY mad at you for not messaging one of us!!! :hilarious: You better say something next time, you could have met us at the Native American!

SAME.

Also, just yesterday at work one of my front desk girls was asking me about why I go to Disney all the time...I was like....I just love it who needs an explanation. But then felt like I had to add something so I said "I have a lot of friends down there..." er.... @blgauger is the only one I know who lives there....:joyfull: I almost said internet friends are down there a lot too but I figured that wasn't going to help my case :hilarious:

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: LOLing at this. I told Dylan last night that I'm meeting Disney friends at Epcot on Monday and he goes "wow they come here a lot." And I was like "no these are NEW Disney friends that I haven't actually met before, but you're right, Megan and @sheriffwoody do come here a lot." :hilarious:

I also have been keeping an eye on the weather forecast. I'm liking what I see!!! :cool:

ME TOO. It's been so cold here in the mornings... starting to feel like I'm back in PA. :p So excited for the 80's to return!

blreinsel

So happy that Daniel loved Disney! I was in your shoes not long ago and it's so nerve wracking, not knowing what they're going to think or if they'll ever want to go back. Fortunately for both of us, the pixie dust was strong. :joyfull:

Can't wait for Monday!!!! It's super cute that you're going with your grandma! Looking forward to reading all about your trip and also about making a guest appearance in the report. :cool:

becca_

Original Poster
So happy that Daniel loved Disney! I was in your shoes not long ago and it's so nerve wracking, not knowing what they're going to think or if they'll ever want to go back. Fortunately for both of us, the pixie dust was strong. :joyfull:

Can't wait for Monday!!!! It's super cute that you're going with your grandma! Looking forward to reading all about your trip and also about making a guest appearance in the report. :cool:
Can't wait to meet you !! Don't worry I'll make sure I tell everyone that you're super nice even if you're not ;) (just kidding LOL)

LisaBelle

Loved your report @becca_ ! So happy Daniel is now a fan as well! Jealous you are heading back so soon, but looking forward to your new TR with all the forum meet ups! You and your grandma are adorable! What an awesome way to spend spring break! Have a blast! I will be following along when you return!

prfctlyximprct

First of all, NOOOOOOOOOOOO your trip report is over! I laughed, I cried, I wanted to eat all the food pictures.

Then I scrolled and saw you are going back freaking tomorrow! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! You and your grandma are TOO CUTE FOR WORDS. The picture with Mickey makes my heart melt. How amazing and special it is to create memories with your grandma for your spring break? This makes me love you soooo much. I legit have tears in my eyes and OMG my parents think I'm insane right now.

Thank you again for sharing your trip with us! I loved your pictures and am soooooo happy Daniel is a fan! Joe is still being worked on. He said we can return "when we have kids." :arghh::arghh::arghh: I'm actually hanging out with my friend Jen tonight and if I slip her a few green beers maybe we can have another trip planned for this year. :p And if not, I'll totally go with you in December! My wedding will be over and I'll actually have a Disney dedicated life again. :)

I am so happy to have met you! Disney friends truly are the best friends, and honestly cannot wait for you to continue meeting friends from WDWmagic in your next trip! Have so much fun! Tell Ariel I say hello! :)

becca_

Original Poster
First of all, NOOOOOOOOOOOO your trip report is over! I laughed, I cried, I wanted to eat all the food pictures.

Then I scrolled and saw you are going back freaking tomorrow! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! You and your grandma are TOO CUTE FOR WORDS. The picture with Mickey makes my heart melt. How amazing and special it is to create memories with your grandma for your spring break? This makes me love you soooo much. I legit have tears in my eyes and OMG my parents think I'm insane right now.

Thank you again for sharing your trip with us! I loved your pictures and am soooooo happy Daniel is a fan! Joe is still being worked on. He said we can return "when we have kids." :arghh::arghh::arghh: I'm actually hanging out with my friend Jen tonight and if I slip her a few green beers maybe we can have another trip planned for this year. :p And if not, I'll totally go with you in December! My wedding will be over and I'll actually have a Disney dedicated life again. :)

I am so happy to have met you! Disney friends truly are the best friends, and honestly cannot wait for you to continue meeting friends from WDWmagic in your next trip! Have so much fun! Tell Ariel I say hello! :)
You are the cutest!! Thank you!!

Omg, I love you too!! So lucky to have Disney friends like you!! :inlove:

I'm glad we can go in December ;) We need our fix!! Buying stuff isn't enough LOL

Loved your report @becca_ ! So happy Daniel is now a fan as well! Jealous you are heading back so soon, but looking forward to your new TR with all the forum meet ups! You and your grandma are adorable! What an awesome way to spend spring break! Have a blast! I will be following along when you return!
Thank you!! :inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom