Trip Report Somehow I'll make a fan out of you - January 2018 **COMPLETED**

IMG_7611.jpg

:cry::cry::cry:

The post-Disney depression has officially set in. Actually, it set in as soon as I took the Tragical Express to MCO.

WHY does departure day exist?!?! Why can't I always be in my happy place!?! Why do I live in a place where the air hurts my skin?!?! Why can't I live in Orlando??

Such is life I guess!! To help cure my Disney blues and to hold me over until my next trip (which fortunately is never too far away), I thought I'd share my travels with all of you :joyfull:

[You can find my PTR here]
WHO: Myself (Rebecca/Becca) and my boyfriend Daniel
8rqfO5lzTe6+lgFf7UW65Q.jpg

WHEN: January 16th-22nd 2018
WHERE: Coronado Springs and Beach Club
WHY: Long story short, we've been dating for 3 years and wanted to celebrate!

This was Daniel's first trip as an adult (my 16th), he hasn't gone since he was 3 years old. He told me the only thing he remembered was riding Dumbo, so I knew that I had a challenge before me.... so I got inspiration from Mulan and thought to myself...

Somehow I'll make a FAN out of you!!!

Last edited:

drcasey

I love your sunrise pictures! The only things that I will happily get up for in order to see the sunrise are horse shows and Disney. And @Doc Disney I was doing a shift in the ER and one of the attendings was decked out in Disney gear...a watch, earrings, and run Disney vest with her scrubs. I resisted starting up a Disney convo because I was presenting a patient but I liked knowing that other Disney loving doctors exitsted in my vicinity!! We are out there and we are cool :cool:

amjt660

Premium Member
The sunrise shots are great
We have stayed at YC twice and I loved getting up early enough for that quiet , calm , beautiful setting
The boats not running makes it more peaceful

How was the walk with your knee?
Is it getting better now post trip?
You have another one coming up soon right?
I have had 3 ACL reconstructions so I feel for anyone with knee issues

Max

Last edited:

fractal

Last Day con't:
View attachment 269267View attachment 269269View attachment 269271View attachment 269270View attachment 269275
A little friend decided to join in on the fun!!
View attachment 269278
We had been waiting a while for a boat, but I googled it and it said they didn't run until about an hour before park opening. It was nearing 8:10 and no boat in sight, so we decided just to walk.
View attachment 269279View attachment 269281View attachment 269283
I see you, ToT!! :)

Up next: DHS!

love the morning photos! Looks like you going to make the most of your last day. :)

becca_

Original Poster
I love your sunrise pictures! The only things that I will happily get up for in order to see the sunrise are horse shows and Disney. And @Doc Disney I was doing a shift in the ER and one of the attendings was decked out in Disney gear...a watch, earrings, and run Disney vest with her scrubs. I resisted starting up a Disney convo because I was presenting a patient but I liked knowing that other Disney loving doctors exitsted in my vicinity!! We are out there and we are cool :cool:
Thank you!! I agree - nothing else is worth waking up early for ;)
The sunrise shots are great
We have stayed at YC twice and I loved getting up early enough for that quiet , calm , beautiful setting
The boats not running makes it more peaceful

How was the walk with your knee?
Is it getting better now postbtrip?
You have another one coming up soon right?
I have had 3 ACL reconstructions so I feel for anyone with knee issues

Max
Thank you! I love that area - it is my favorite place to stay.
Knee was better when I was using the brace, and walking wasn't too bad. I went to the Drs when I got back and went to PT for a little bit. It doesn't hurt at all anymore but next trip (one week from tomorrow) I will be bringing my brace!
Those sunrise pictures are beautiful.
Thank you :D
love the morning photos! Looks like you going to make the most of your last day. :)
We did! Thanks :)

becca_

Original Poster
Last Day con't:
We went to RnRc for our first ride of the day! People were acting CRAZY and running to get in line... I never understood this. We're all going to the same place! Chill!
IMG_8182.jpg
STUDIO_ROCKNRCOASTERRIDE_20180122_8164673843.jpeg

After Rockin' Out, we wanted to head to our ToT FP but it was down!! So we looked in some stores but didn't end up buying anything.
IMG_8183.jpg

IMG_8184.png

I got this notification too... a little too late Disney :hilarious:
IMG_8185.jpg
IMG_8186.jpg

ToT was back up so we headed to do our FP!
STUDIO_TOWEROFTERRORARIDE_20180122_8164692337.jpeg

Then one more time on RnRc with our last FP for the day.
IMG_8189.jpg
STUDIO_ROCKNRCOASTERRIDE_20180122_8164703717.jpeg

And so we headed to grab some snacks, soaking in all that last minute Disney magic before it was time to head home.
IMG_8190.jpg

Up next: last moments :(

becca_

Original Poster
Last Day con't:
IMG_8192.jpg

What's a better last snack than a Mickey Pretzel?

We ate and walked as slow as possible, trying to prolong what seemed to be the worst moment ever... LEAVING.
Unfortunately, all good things have to come to an end.
IMG_8193.jpg
IMG_8194.jpg
IMG_8195.jpg
IMG_8196.jpg
IMG_8197.jpg
IMG_8198.jpg

We grabbed our carry-ons that we had stowed at Bell Services and headed to fill up our mugs one last time.
IMG_8199.jpg
IMG_8200.jpg

By the time we were done, our chariot awaited:
IMG_8201.jpg

Isn't that the worst sight to see?
Up next: airport & home!

becca_

Original Poster
Final Pictures:
IMG_8205.jpg

Made it to the airport safely, grabbed some chick-fil-a (which I didn't take a picture of.. probably too sad).
IMG_8206.jpg
IMG_8207.jpg
IMG_8208.jpg

Yes we wore matching sweaters LOL
After an uneventful flight, we arrived home in cold, cold, cold, Buffalo.
IMG_8210.jpg

Fortunately for me, I had some Disney magic awaiting me at home.
IMG_8212.jpg

And that's it!

Thank you all for following, liking, commenting, etc. on this TR! It was my first and I'm so glad you all could be here, reliving the memories with me. I'll have some final thoughts and my new PTR... but that's all for now!
mm.jpg

:)

becca_

Original Poster
Final Thoughts -
This trip was hands down my favorite Disney trip I've ever been on. It was so nice to be able to do basically whatever I wanted since Daniel had no idea what anything was. It was our first vacation together and I really think Disney was the best place to do it. Magically, there was no drama, no arguments, nothing! I'm so lucky :inlove:

Coronado Springs: This resort was BEAUTIFUL. I'm sure after the construction is over it will be even better, although it didn't bother us at all. I want to stay here again, but first I must try every other resort :hilarious: I would 100% recommend it to anyone, even with small children, especially if you want to keep your budget low but don't want to be at Pop/All Stars.

The Parks: To me, they will always be the most magical 4 places on the planet. I think that there needs to be some improvement with ride capacity in MK, expansion, etc. but I also think that they all are in really good shape for being worn down every single day by thousands of people. They were clean and the food we ate was all really really good!

Beach Club: My favorite resort, bar none. I love this area of WDW and I don't think that will ever change. Personally, I love the renovated rooms and I would 100% stay here again, and I probably will!!

So, did I make a fan out of Daniel?

... YES! Hahaha, he asks me every single day when we are going back. He tells me he wishes he was at a certain place, on a certain ride, or eating certain snacks. We have another trip tentatively planned for next June (2019). I wanted to do a cruise but he really wants to go back so we're headed back down!

In other news - I do have 2 trips planned right now. I am leaving next week Sunday for a trip with my Grandma! I'll post PTR details in a separate post. Then the last week of May, I am headed down with my Mother! Still trying to get in one more trip in December... any takers? ;)

I also have pictures of our step count each day that I will include in this post!

Thank you all again for joining! I'll be back soon enough with a new TR ;)
IMG_7307.jpg
IMG_7487.jpg
IMG_7699.jpg
IMG_7935.jpg
IMG_8158.jpg
IMG_8159 2.jpg
IMG_8211.jpg

amjt660

Premium Member
Great first TR Becca!
You have set the bar high though...
You have two ( maybe 3) more TR in 2018

How will you ever live up to this one!!

(Note: your response is suppose to be something like “Challenge accepted!!”)

I am glad Daniel is a fan - keep up the good work on the conversion of all to the Disney way of life!

Looking forward to your reports on upcoming trips

Max

riverside

Premium Member
Great trip report!! I'm glad Daniel is a fan now!! My boyfriend went we me last year in June(his first trip in
20 years there) & guess who can't wait to go back this June!!

Looking forward to the next one!!

KatieLVT

Loved following along with your trip report! It was great to see all your pictures and you and Daniel make such a cute couple! I am planning on being there Dec 1-8, so maybe our paths will cross!

becca_

Original Poster
Really enjoyed your report! So glad you managed to make Daniel a fan- in still trying to get my boyfriend on board!! :rolleyes:
Jealous that you’re going back so soon but looking forward to reading your next report :)
Just tell him that if he wants to be with you, he'll learn to love Disney ;)
Great first TR Becca!
You have set the bar high though...
You have two ( maybe 3) more TR in 2018

How will you ever live up to this one!!

(Note: your response is suppose to be something like “Challenge accepted!!”)

I am glad Daniel is a fan - keep up the good work on the conversion of all to the Disney way of life!

Looking forward to your reports on upcoming trips

Max
Challenge accepted!! :D
Thank you - I promise I'll keep converting... next up is his mom!
Great trip report!! I'm glad Daniel is a fan now!! My boyfriend went we me last year in June(his first trip in
20 years there) & guess who can't wait to go back this June!!

Looking forward to the next one!!
Yes!! I'm so glad we were successful in our attempts! He wants to help plan now... I told him he's still not allowed :hilarious:
Loved following along with your trip report! It was great to see all your pictures and you and Daniel make such a cute couple! I am planning on being there Dec 1-8, so maybe our paths will cross!
Thank you!! I hope I make it :joyfull:

Gurt

wonderful TR Becca, those sunrise pictures are beautiful, I am glad you made Daniel a fan and looking forward to more trip reports soon.

MeeskaMooska0714

Loved your report and still kicking myself for just missing you!! I'm so excited that Daniel loved it as much as you. That will make it much easier when planning future trips as you won't have to constantly beg to go back (cough Tim cough)! :joyfull:

Can't wait to read about your next adventures (and still trying to finish mine)! :facepalm:

becca_

Original Poster
Great trip report! It's a special feeling when you convert a new fan! :)
Thank you! Yes, it makes me so happy!! :joyfull:
So sad your TR is over :cry: Really enjoyed reading it! Glad you and Daniel had such a great time! I'm eagerly waiting for your upcoming PTR!
Thank you!! I'm sad it's over too - but thankfully it kept me busy and now I leave in 6 days!!
wonderful TR Becca, those sunrise pictures are beautiful, I am glad you made Daniel a fan and looking forward to more trip reports soon.
Thank you!! They'll be here before you know it :)
Great TR Becca!! Hopefully I will get a chance to see you next week!!
Thanks! I hope so too :D
Loved your report and still kicking myself for just missing you!! I'm so excited that Daniel loved it as much as you. That will make it much easier when planning future trips as you won't have to constantly beg to go back (cough Tim cough)! :joyfull:

Can't wait to read about your next adventures (and still trying to finish mine)! :facepalm:
He's doing the begging this time :hilarious: I wanted to go on a cruise, since I'll finally be 21, but he wants Disney... How could I say no?!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom