Trip Report Somehow I'll make a fan out of you - January 2018 **COMPLETED**

IMG_7611.jpg

:cry::cry::cry:

The post-Disney depression has officially set in. Actually, it set in as soon as I took the Tragical Express to MCO.

WHY does departure day exist?!?! Why can't I always be in my happy place!?! Why do I live in a place where the air hurts my skin?!?! Why can't I live in Orlando??

Such is life I guess!! To help cure my Disney blues and to hold me over until my next trip (which fortunately is never too far away), I thought I'd share my travels with all of you :joyfull:

[You can find my PTR here]
WHO: Myself (Rebecca/Becca) and my boyfriend Daniel
8rqfO5lzTe6+lgFf7UW65Q.jpg

WHEN: January 16th-22nd 2018
WHERE: Coronado Springs and Beach Club
WHY: Long story short, we've been dating for 3 years and wanted to celebrate!

This was Daniel's first trip as an adult (my 16th), he hasn't gone since he was 3 years old. He told me the only thing he remembered was riding Dumbo, so I knew that I had a challenge before me.... so I got inspiration from Mulan and thought to myself...

Somehow I'll make a FAN out of you!!!

Last edited:

LisaBelle

Just got caught up! Loving your report. You guys are adorable! Haven’t made it to Pandora yet, so I am enjoying all the pics from there.

becca_

Original Poster
AK con't:
So we made it (thank god) in time for our FP!!
IMG_7809.jpg
IMG_7810.jpg
IMG_7811.jpg
IMG_7812.jpg
IMG_7813.jpg

Normally I really hate being on the end, but this time it didn't bother me as much!
IMG_7814.jpg

Don't we look cute??

When we emerged from our flight, the sun was out and looking beautiful!
IMG_7815.jpg
IMG_7816.jpg
IMG_7817.jpg
Then we made our way to the Tree of Life to get some pictures taken!
IMG_7818.jpg

Up next: AK (and I promise I will try and wrap this up... didn't realize how long it takes to write a TR!! LOL)

becca_

Original Poster
AK con't:
So we tried taking some selfies...
IMG_7819.jpg
IMG_7820.jpg

Not our strong suit LOL

We got in line for some PP pictures!!! And here we are:
AK_TRPLAZA_20180120_408188258906.jpg

I know!! Not even close!! Unfortunately we never received our photo. Oh well!

We then headed to lunch.
IMG_7829.jpg
IMG_7830.jpg

Daniel got a kick out of the name!
IMG_7831.jpg
IMG_7832.jpg

It was super yummy. Little know fact about me - my FAVORITE thing on WDW property is the turtle brownie which you can get here. I don't know why... it just is. SO good. Please try it!!! :hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

By then, we saw that our picture was not ours and so we headed to go take another one.
IMG_7833.jpg

Why didn't I know there were crocs here?? Am I a bad Disney fan???
IMG_7834.jpg

Luckily, a nice family was standing there so we took their picture in exchange for them taking ours! Eventually whenever we get our own place, I want to put a picture set of all 4 parks and their icons together :)
IMG_7838.jpg

Up next: More AK!

becca_

Original Poster
AK con't:
We then headed to go check out FotLK!
IMG_7840.jpg
IMG_7841.jpg
IMG_7842.jpg

It was SO busy back there. People with strollers ran over my feet about 10 times. ECVs were in full force, beeping at people, yelling... It was giving me a headache LOL

Unfortunately for us, our headache of a trip was not worth while... when we got back to FotLK it was closed for technical difficulties! So off we went again!
IMG_7843.jpg
IMG_7844.jpg
IMG_7845.jpg

We headed to dance with the yeti (using our FP this time!)

And then this happened.....
AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_20180120_8163819674.jpeg

BEST. RIDE PHOTO. EVER!!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Check out the little girl in the front :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: Poor thing, she was so scared before we went on!!

Next we headed to It's Tough to Be a Bug! While we were walking there, the birds from whatever show happens flew right over our heads! It was so neat :)
IMG_7846.jpg
IMG_7847.jpg

Up next: more AK!

becca_

Original Poster
This makes me want to buy photopass just for this! Hubby and I have discussed it a couple of times, and he's told me, he would totally be annoyed if I made him stop a bunch of times for pictures... so I've determined it's not worth it for us... Uncooperative husband!
How rude!! Just make him stop for this one :inlove:

LeighM

AK con't:

It was super yummy. Little know fact about me - my FAVORITE thing on WDW property is the turtle brownie which you can get here. I don't know why... it just is. SO good. Please try it!!! :hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I just saw a post on Disney Food Blog yesterday that the warm chocolate turtle brownie is no longer on the menu at Restaurantosaurus. It's now the warm chocolate caramel brownie - no nuts on top.

becca_

Original Poster
Hmm... Maybe it's a futuristic Photopass photo. Maybe this is the two of you in 30 years! :happy:
:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I just saw a post on Disney Food Blog yesterday that the warm chocolate turtle brownie is no longer on the menu at Restaurantosaurus. It's now the warm chocolate caramel brownie - no nuts on top.
Omg... :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:
I guess this is it for me guys!! No more Disney!!!!
I would do that, but is it really monetary smart for me to buy the photopass for just me?
I feel like you can still ask for the picture and they'll link it to your account, but you'll have to pay for that one picture. I could have sworn when I didn't have Memory Maker included on my AP that we still were able to get magic shots? I might be wrong but I thought you still got them!!

Rista1313

:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Omg... :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:
I guess this is it for me guys!! No more Disney!!!!

I feel like you can still ask for the picture and they'll link it to your account, but you'll have to pay for that one picture. I could have sworn when I didn't have Memory Maker included on my AP that we still were able to get magic shots? I might be wrong but I thought you still got them!!
hmm that would be great, I read somewhere that magic shots were only available for photopass purchasers.... in this case I would love to be wrong!

becca_

Original Poster
Saturday January 20th con't:
IMG_7852.jpg

Nothin' better than a little bug selfie!! My mom has way too many pictures of me in these glasses from when I was little :angelic:
Daniel screamed at the part where the bugs crawl out of the theater :hilarious::hilarious: I love tricking first timers!!

We headed back to Africa to see if we could make the next showing of FotLK.
IMG_7853.jpg
IMG_7854.jpg

Unfortunately for us... they would not be showing it :cry::cry: they had been closed all morning for technical difficulties and didn't know if they'd even do a show that day. All is well though, I'll be back in a week and a half :joyfull:
IMG_7855.jpg

And out we went!

Funny story, when we left the other night, I over heard an older woman in an ECV yell to her husband, "Say goodbye to the tree!" and he said in the most monotone voice, "Bye Tree" :hilarious::hilarious: I don't know, it isn't that funny when I type it out LOL

So Daniel and I said "Bye Tree" and headed towards the bus stop!
Soon we were back at CSR and we decided to hit up the gift shop.
IMG_7860.jpg

Lots of Coco merch!! Still haven't seen it :angelic:
I ended up getting a water bottle and a magnet for myself and one for my mom. She collects magnets since her office/cubicle at work is glass/metal, they work perfectly to decorate!
IMG_7861.jpg

It was really warm out! It looked gloomy but it was such a good day!
IMG_7862.jpg

We ended up taking a nap, which was well needed!
Soon we were headed to one last night at MK!
IMG_7864.jpg
IMG_7869.jpg

As soon as we got there, we headed to the MPB (moving park bench a la @Tuvalu ... aka the train :joyfull: )

When we sat down, this incredibly nice woman sat next to us. She told us that she was headed to meet up with her family & head out of the park, and that she had FPs that she was going to cancel, so if we wanted to try and snag them we could. She released a 7DMT one and a BTMRR one and I ended up being able to get the BTMRR! We immensely thanked her & wished her well on the rest of her vacation :happy:
IMG_7870.jpg

Up next: more MK!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom