Some positive news... Blue Sky Rumor

Pongo

Why is everyone so against Pixar in Epcot? I'm not saying an Up attraction in place of HISTA makes sense, but in places where a Pixar attraction works... why so much hate?

With every new movie comes the rumor that an attraction is in blue sky relating to it. I'm sure someone will mention something during some meeting regarding potential attraction applications, but the majority never really make it past that stage.

When you sit back and think about it: A ride where you fly above a landscape in a house....replace house with hang-glider and voilà, you have Soarin'. I'm sure there are ways to make an attraction seem different, but if you are going to make a show in the next pavilion, I doubt it would be so similar.

That being said, I always enjoy reading the Blue Sky rumors. Gives a sense of hope that imagineers are still on payroll.

s8film40

This sounds likely to me. There's hardly any cost in this for Disney. All they have to do is make the movie reprogram the theater and if their lucky get kodak to pay for it all, reprint the Epcot guide maps and Bam! instant new attraction modern day Disney style.

Tim G

While the film has yet to even come out, and not much is known about the story, there are rumors floating around already claiming that Disney has put a Blue Sky team of Imagineers at work to come up with attraction concepts for Disney/Pixar’s upcoming film, Up.

There no such thing as a Blue Sky Team of Imagineers... :lookaroun

Passport

Can anyone name an attraction that was built before, during or just after a film release? Nemo, Mermaid, Toy Story, Monster's Inc. attractions came years after the movie was on dvd.

tirian

Can anyone name an attraction that was built before, during or just after a film release? Nemo, Mermaid, Toy Story, Monster's Inc. attractions came years after the movie was on dvd.

Sleeping Beauty Castle was named years before the film's theatrical release (1955/1959).

Pongo

I believe Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin followed pretty closely on the heels of Toy Story 2.

EDIT: Actually, BLSRS opened a year before TS2 opened... almost to the day. Yet technically BLSRS is based off of the characters in TS2.

Stitchon

Actually, I think Buzz opened before Toy Story 2 even premiered... I think that it opened in 1998, while TS2 came out near Thanksgiving, 1999.

nibblesandbits

Why is everyone so against Pixar in Epcot? I'm not saying an Up attraction in place of HISTA makes sense, but in places where a Pixar attraction works... why so much hate?
I'm with you. If the attraction fits the characters, I have no problem with them being put into any park.

And yes...Pixar =Disney. They are one in the same now...that would be like getting mad that Johnny Depp was added to Pirates...oh wait...some of you did...:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom