Some positive news... Blue Sky Rumor

Mr.EPCOT

Let's not forget, Pixar = Disney now.

Semantics. In that case, keep Disney out, too, unless you mean the standard of quality that the name used to represent.

Something will :D

Man, I hope so!

I don't see this happening only because it wouldn't make sense in DL's Tomorrowland. I really don't see Disney creating a film for the Epcot HISTA that can't also be added over at DL. Granted they already added Finding Nemo to their Tomorrowland, so who knows...

As much as I love Figment and Dreamfinder, I REALLY don't think they're right for any kind of sit-down theater experience. They just don't work in that environment. They belong in an immersive multi-media dark ride experience, for which they are tailor-suited for.

I think the longing for a "Dreamfinder 3-D Show" comes from our collective desperation to see them back together rather than from a storytelling or a knowledge of what's better in the overall scheme of things point of view.

Sorry guys, just not sold on it. I'd give over the reign of the theater over to the enormous talents at PIXAR first.
:shrug:

I think there is great potential for a 3-D movie with them! Come on, think about it, 20-25 years ago, if someone told you Disney was making a 3-D movie with Michael Jackson as a spaceship captain with a crew of Muppet-type creatures who sing and dance to free a planet, do you honestly think that you would have thought that that would be any good?

No it's not, but yes, I agree with that. (Even though they have PLENTY of space next door. :rolleyes:)

I think that whatever comes in should have nothing to do with the ride next door-I liked it that way.

It doesn't even have to feature Dreamfinder and Figment, they could just be narrating a Magic Journeys-type film or something.

Why is everyone so against Pixar in Epcot? I'm not saying an Up attraction in place of HISTA makes sense, but in places where a Pixar attraction works... why so much hate?

Because Pixar produces fantasy story-telling, little of which have to do with EPCOT's objectives for the real world. Nemo is fun, but that's a Fantasyland ride in Future World. You can spout out all the rhetoric you want about it supposedly getting kids interested in sea life, but that's at the loss of of showcasing what the new advances are in sea exploration.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom