Some positive news... Blue Sky Rumor

DisneyparkFreak

Original Poster
Saw this on Screamscape... Some positive news/rumors maybe. I know take it with a grain of salt.

While the film has yet to even come out, and not much is known about the story, there are rumors floating around already claiming that Disney has put a Blue Sky team of Imagineers at work to come up with attraction concepts for Disney/Pixar’s upcoming film, Up. The story seems to involve a flying house, an odd pairing of a grumpy 78 year old man and an 8-year old boy, and the adventure that follows. One possible attraction idea I’ve heard “floating” around was to possibly use the concept as a new 4D Theater attraction to take over the old Honey, I Shrunk The Audience theaters where the motion platform under the audience seats could be put to good use. Again, this is just Blue Sky dreaming for right now, but with Pixar’s stellar record of creating hits, Disney is already getting ready to take things to the next level if the film warrants it.

Mr.EPCOT

Meh...

As much as I'm sure I'll love the movie, 1) there are other Pixar films that I'd much rather see them develop attractions out of, like Wall-E and The Incredibles, and 2) it's getting to be a bit much with the Pixar attractions, anyways.

EPCOT Explorer

Saw this on Screamscape... Some positive news/rumors maybe. I know take it with a grain of salt.

While the film has yet to even come out, and not much is known about the story, there are rumors floating around already claiming that Disney has put a Blue Sky team of Imagineers at work to come up with attraction concepts for Disney/Pixar’s upcoming film, Up. The story seems to involve a flying house, an odd pairing of a grumpy 78 year old man and an 8-year old boy, and the adventure that follows. One possible attraction idea I’ve heard “floating” around was to possibly use the concept as a new 4D Theater attraction to take over the old Honey, I Shrunk The Audience theaters where the motion platform under the audience seats could be put to good use. Again, this is just Blue Sky dreaming for right now, but with Pixar’s stellar record of creating hits, Disney is already getting ready to take things to the next level if the film warrants it.

I certainly hope not...I think that theater has a grander purpose than that in the coming changes.

EpcotServo

I certainly hope not...I think that theater has a grander purpose than that in the coming changes.

I certainly hope SO! The idea of Pixar's flying house taking you to sights unseen sounds like an excellent use of the HISTA Theatre, and the first concept for there I approve of!
:sohappy:

(Now for DL's HISTA, not so much.)

Mr.EPCOT

I certainly hope SO! The idea of Pixar's flying house taking you to sights unseen sounds like an excellent use of the HISTA Theatre, and the first concept for there I approve of!
:sohappy:

(Now for DL's HISTA, not so much.)

For the love of Walt, no more Pixar in EPCOT!

But Figgy!...Dreamfinder...!:cry::cry::ROFLOL:

Precisely.

Or at least just South Park Imaginationland in 3-D. :eek: :lol:

ToTBellHop

I don't see this happening only because it wouldn't make sense in DL's Tomorrowland. I really don't see Disney creating a film for the Epcot HISTA that can't also be added over at DL. Granted they already added Finding Nemo to their Tomorrowland, so who knows...

EpcotServo

But Figgy!...Dreamfinder...!:cry::cry::ROFLOL:

As much as I love Figment and Dreamfinder, I REALLY don't think they're right for any kind of sit-down theater experience. They just don't work in that environment. They belong in an immersive multi-media dark ride experience, for which they are tailor-suited for.

I think the longing for a "Dreamfinder 3-D Show" comes from our collective desperation to see them back together rather than from a storytelling or a knowledge of what's better in the overall scheme of things point of view.

Sorry guys, just not sold on it. I'd give over the reign of the theater over to the enormous talents at PIXAR first.
:shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

As much as I love Figment and Dreamfinder, I REALLY don't think they're right for any kind of sit-down theater experience. They just don't work in that environment. They belong in an immersive multi-media dark ride experience, for which they are tailor-suited for.

I think the longing for a "Dreamfinder 3-D Show" comes from our collective desperation to see them back together rather than from a storytelling or a knowledge of what's better in the overall scheme of things point of view.

Sorry guys, just not sold on it. I'd give over the reign of the theater over to the enormous talents at PIXAR first.
:shrug:
That I do agree with. BUT...If it were a choice between that or nothing...I think DF wins hands down.:eek:

I honestly would not mind the use of that building for more ride space( is that feasible?) as I really don't know what kinda video could compliment a II-less ride. Magic Journey Acid Trip :)lookaroun) and Captain EO always seemed SO random. At least HISTA fits, now that they shoved Idle into the labs with Figgy.:shrug:

EpcotServo

That I do agree with. BUT...If it were a choice between that or nothing...I think DF wins hands down.:eek:

I honestly would not mind the use of that building for more ride space( is that feasible?)
as I really don't know what kinda video could compliment a II-less ride. Magic Journey Acid Trip :)lookaroun) and Captain EO always seemed SO random. At least HISTA fits, now that they shoved Idle into the labs with Figgy.:shrug:

No it's not, but yes, I agree with that. (Even though they have PLENTY of space next door. :rolleyes:)

I think that whatever comes in should have nothing to do with the ride next door-I liked it that way.

JWG

Did I miss something? Is HISTA now closed? :veryconfu

No, this was a blue sky rumor about a possible future attraction in the theater. Meaning it'd be a ways from happening even if green lit and fast tracked. My guess is projects like this go on all over the place we just don't hear about.

There are probably dozens of concepts for the HISTA theater sitting around.

DisneyDellsDude

No! Get Pixar out of Epcot...

BTW, glad to hear something better could be in the works for HISTA.
I hope it goes with the themeing of Imagination at least.

sbkline

No, this was a blue sky rumor about a possible future attraction in the theater. Meaning it'd be a ways from happening even if green lit and fast tracked. My guess is projects like this go on all over the place we just don't hear about.

There are probably dozens of concepts for the HISTA theater sitting around.

I know that the new attraction is just a rumor at this point, but the way he referred to the current attraction ("The old Honey I shrunk the Audience theaters"), it made it sound like the current attraction was already closed and we had a vacant building sitting there. That's why I thought maybe they had recently closed the attraction and I had missed the news.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom