Trip Report Some people are worth melting for - A Max Trip Report

To all that come to this happy place, Welcome!

Some people (and places) are worth melting for - Florida in late May /early June to visit Disney World is one of those places
follow GIF

Yes - it is time to head south again - this time it is just Tricia and I. We need time to de-stress from a very busy few months because...

Cassie and Shane got married!!! On May 4th!!! - May the Force be with you!!

Before walking down the aisle
1E068393-1190-4958-A62F-D90A457D6CD5.jpeg

The happy couple (and proud papa)
EDE36EC1-189E-486E-B548-CD69846683CB.jpeg

The MOB and FOB
2B164ED4-3819-4158-BB88-8C2191ED2A12.jpeg

Tricia's brother's (Tom and George)
8F28F0A9-DF5A-450E-A115-240A4933F4A4.jpeg

The OG Maxwell Disney crew
D6474C4C-0213-45D6-8AC5-40909235D46C.jpeg

trying to look cool (not working)
0F028008-9E12-4C5C-96BE-3ED5946C2E36.jpeg

My sister Cathy and my niece Tori and George
8453A37B-CD4C-4D48-B9A4-ED2F99F449E3.jpeg

MC Drew - my opening speech explaining the safety rules was based on Soarin
571CD548-17B2-4839-BD2D-D3F2EDAA0712.jpeg

First dance
CAADEE15-6AD4-404D-BAAE-65AC698FEDC7.jpeg

The happy couple again
43370977-7F46-480B-A7DD-5D81C4205FF0.jpeg

We did a similar getaway in November 2019 after my older daughter Stephanie's wedding

(Yes - both daughters are married and moved out - the nest is empty!!)

Happy Napoleon Dynamite GIF

Trip Details:

Monday May 29 - Sunday June 4
Yacht Club
Flying from Toronto Canada
4 days at the parks - not visiting on the travel days or on Thursday June 1)
Plan is to do my first round of golf (only 9 holes) on June 1
Goal is to ride Tron at least once and try to do GOG again - but otherwise rides are not the priority

More to come - thanks for following along

Max

Last edited:

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 6 cont'd - Epcot

We met with a workmate from Toyota - we found out about a month before going that we were both going to be there together
Chris and i have working together for 20 years - It was great to met his wife and son at the Coral Reef (their dinner started about 20 min before ours!)

IMG_5038.jpeg
IMG_5040.jpeg

(we totally forgot to get pictures together!)

Chris and his family went to Guardians and then we agreed to meet to watch the FW together

We rode SSE and our picture did not show up

IMG_5045.jpeg
IMG_5046.jpeg
IMG_5047.jpeg
IMG_5049.jpeg
IMG_5052.jpeg

We then decided to walk one more time around World Showcase

IMG_5053.jpeg
IMG_5054.jpeg

IMG_5056.jpeg

Max

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 6 cont'd - Epcot

Moved around WS and took pictures as we walked
IMG_5057.jpeg

IMG_5058.jpeg

Had some fun in Germany with Oswald
IMG_5059.jpeg
IMG_5060.jpeg
IMG_5061.jpeg
IMG_5062.jpeg

It was a rainy day and this was a nice rainbow over Italy
IMG_5067.jpeg
IMG_5066.jpeg
IMG_5065.jpeg

It got dark fast as we walked back toward the entrance to former Future World - looking for a good spot to watch the fireworks.

IMG_5068.jpeg

It took a lot of texting back and forth but we finally met up with Chris - we were right at the rail at the entrance to WS - near the boat launch - on the way to Canada

I had not idea what to call this area - someone please help - it was not at a country so it was hard to explain

It was raining on and off so we had the ponchos on for the FW.

The FW were great for Tricia and I - Epcot Forever brings back great memories of previous trips with the girls - especially Tapestry of Dreams - I know it does not appeal to all but we loved it.

We said goodbye to Chris and did last minute shopping in Creations and then headed back to YC

It was sad to walk out knowing that tomorrow was not a theme park day - and that no more magical meetups were going to happen..

Sad Face GIF

Next up - the last day

Max

Captain Barbossa

we were right at the rail at the entrance to WS - near the boat launch - on the way to Canada

I had not idea what to call this area - someone please help -
Prior to the renaming of Future World East and West, this area was it’s own thing, officially called Showcase Plaza. Since they’ve implemented the new names/neighborhoods, it’s now considered a part of World Showcase.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
On behalf of all Canadian - we are sorry about the mess.

IMG_5037.jpeg
Max, do you happen to know what the plans are for that area behind the (temporary) barricade? I always loved the gift shop there, but the rest of that area was a disappointment. (Always wanted them to open up another small shop -- maybe a bookstore, or art gallery featuring Canadian artists, etc.)

lindawdw

Those rainbows at YC and Epcot were so beautiful!!! Oswald certainly popped up in a lot of places on this trip! We always enjoy our meals at Coral Reef and you can't beat that view. How fun that you met up with a work friend and got to view FW together. The walk back to the resort knowing there will be no park day the following day is always a bit sad for me too.

joshsprincess921

Day 6 cont'd - Epcot

Moved around WS and took pictures as we walked
View attachment 729013
View attachment 729014
Had some fun in Germany with Oswald
View attachment 729015View attachment 729016View attachment 729017View attachment 729018

It was a rainy day and this was a nice rainbow over Italy
View attachment 729019View attachment 729020View attachment 729021

It got dark fast as we walked back toward the entrance to former Future World - looking for a good spot to watch the fireworks.

View attachment 729022

It took a lot of texting back and forth but we finally met up with Chris - we were right at the rail at the entrance to WS - near the boat launch - on the way to Canada

I had not idea what to call this area - someone please help - it was not at a country so it was hard to explain

It was raining on and off so we had the ponchos on for the FW.

The FW were great for Tricia and I - Epcot Forever brings back great memories of previous trips with the girls - especially Tapestry of Dreams - I know it does not appeal to all but we loved it.

We said goodbye to Chris and did last minute shopping in Creations and then headed back to YC

It was sad to walk out knowing that tomorrow was not a theme park day - and that no more magical meetups were going to happen..

Sad Face GIF

Next up - the last day

Max
cute pic of Oswald, but I might have to pick up some of that popcorn! That looks yummy!

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Prior to the renaming of Future World East and West, this area was it’s own thing, officially called Showcase Plaza. Since they’ve implemented the new names/neighborhoods, it’s now considered a part of World Showcase.
dead poets society GIF

Thank you!!

One of these is not like the other..🎼
Sesame Street Muppets GIF by HBO

You Canadians and your politeness.
robin williams canada GIF

Max, do you happen to know what the plans are for that area behind the (temporary) barricade? I always loved the gift shop there, but the rest of that area was a disappointment. (Always wanted them to open up another small shop -- maybe a bookstore, or art gallery featuring Canadian artists, etc.)

I had to look it up - sounds like it might be a colour change from beige to gray

We Canucks are a bold and risky people....

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

Those rainbows at YC and Epcot were so beautiful!!! Oswald certainly popped up in a lot of places on this trip! We always enjoy our meals at Coral Reef and you can't beat that view. How fun that you met up with a work friend and got to view FW together. The walk back to the resort knowing there will be no park day the following day is always a bit sad for me too.
Oswald :

cute pic of Oswald, but I might have to pick up some of that popcorn! That looks yummy!
Yas Yes GIF by SkinnyPop

Max

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 7 - Sunday June 4 - Travel day home

We awoke to a beautiful day - I really miss this view
IMG_5070.jpeg
IMG_5071.jpeg

We were able to get a late checkout of 12:30 so we left our suitcases in the room and went to Fantasia Mini golf at 10am.

IMG_5073.jpeg

We got there early and were glad that we did - people were already lined up!

IMG_5072.jpeg

I really wanted to try the Fairways course - because it looks like a real miniature golf course
IMG_5074.jpeg

It was not as hard as we thought it would be - both of us scored an eagle and a birdie

IMG_5075.jpeg

And we met some new friends on the course
IMG_5076.jpeg

Both of us went to the beach on this hole.

IMG_5077.jpeg

We did not keep score (thought it was going to be really hard) - so we called it a tie

Great view of tower from the entrance to the course

IMG_5078.jpeg

Max

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 7 cont'd
We drove back to the YC
IMG_5095.jpeg

One last picture of Oswald
IMG_5096.jpeg

One last walk around the grounds

IMG_5097.jpeg
IMG_5099.jpeg
IMG_5100.jpeg
IMG_5101.jpeg
IMG_5102.jpeg

and one last spin of the globe in the lobby
IMG_5103.jpeg

We left for the airport around noon

Did some window shopping
IMG_5104.jpeg

Had one last drink in the state of Flordia
IMG_5106.jpeg

Trip home was uneventful - a few minor delays but got home safe with our luggage

Next up - let's wrap this up

Max

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wrap up:

This was a very different trip for us

1) Just Tricia and I
2) Not a lot of new rides or attractions ( had just been less than 8 months before)
3) Tried some new places to eat which were really good ( Trattoria for dinner, Coral Reef)
4) Golfed on property for the first time.

But this trip was different because of who we saw - rather than what we saw - and that is what made it special
Meeting new people - some after years of getting to know each other - and also some new and unexpected meet ups.

IMG_4622.jpeg
IMG_4652.jpeg
IMG_4717.jpeg
IMG_4878.jpeg
IMG_4884.jpeg
IMG_4915.jpeg
IMG_3766.jpeg
IMG_4780.jpeg
IMG_5006.jpeg

Peace Out Reaction GIF

Thanks for following along - it was fun writing it

TTFN

winnie the pooh GIF

Max

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom