Some of the coolest simple things to experience at WDW Theme Parks

dandaman

joanna71985 said:
I love seeing PUSH! On my last trip I actually saw his operator. He was really close to PUSH (I got a picture of both of them). Though there were some really obnoxious teens blatently pointing at him.

I think he was wearing a Yankees hat and a backpack of sorts...

dandaman

ClemsonTigger said:
The Dole Whip building is on the right after crossing the bridge and entering Adventureland. Only spot

We usually take the shortcut from Frontierland to Adventureland. Have to check out that area next time! :lol:

mickeyman

right out in front of the frontierland shootin arcade there are 2 barrels with checkerboards on them. There is some stools and the checkers are there and you can play. Its a nice little deversion. In over 20 trips to disney i never noticed this until my last trip. Its nice to take a break from walking and be able to play checkers.

Uponastar

NCState said:
We love just setting on top on the train station at MK. I get very excited to look down main street USA and see the Castle standing proud!

That 's what I was going to say! :lol:
This might just be my #1 favorite thing to do.
I usually save it for early evening, after the flag retreat. I'll get a cup of coffee and a treat from the bakery, and get comfy. Then I just enjoy watching the crowds from my perch. I could stay for hours!

HunnyPot

I love to watch the fountains in Future World at Epcot. With the music and water shooting up, it's so magical. We had a late dinner at Rose and Crown on our last trip, and we talked to our server for about 30 extra minutes, so we were some of the last people to leave the park. (We were heading out the entrance around 9:50pm.) As we were walking by the fountain, it came on and we were the only people around. It was as if it came on and did a show just for us!

(PS-off topic, but it was so cool to be in the park with barely anyone else. when we came out, two CM's were at the bus stops and called the bus for us. we talked with him all about hidden mickey's. it was so fun!)

joanna71985

dandaman said:
I think he was wearing a Yankees hat and a backpack of sorts...

Yup. One was wearing a hat and a bag (though there was another who was wearing a long coat). I'll have to look for the picture to post it.

Dragonrider1227

The very essence of being there. Alot of people try to rush through, get on all the rides and do everything but I can just sit on a bench and just look at the park and everyone in it and i'll be happy for a good couple of hours. :D Especially watching kids meet the characters.

col

i love walking around AK blocking people out and taking in the sights and sounds -i swear its so peaceful. AK is always the first park i visit coz then for me my holiday starts. i wish i was there now -if it was EMH i would definetley be there!

pixel-dust

I've seen PUSH's operator, but not Wes Palms. I looked all over this am for the operator, with no luck. The crowds at AK were really heavy at 11:00 AM and Wes was operating in some seriously tight spots. Anyone able to let me in on his secret?

Laura

Premium Member
There's a little checkers board just off Main Street that is a nice diversion. One night I sat and played checkers with my 2 year old to kill time and it was so nice. (Ok we didn't really play, we built towers...)

pintraderpayee

Who says teens are all obnoxious and selfish? Every year my husband and I take a group of our students to Disney over Easter break. The special little thing that I love to do is on our last day at WDW we go to MK until closing. I have all the kids meet me at the ferry instead of the buses or monorail. We ride the ferry, stand up top, and look back at the castle as they change the lights on it(blue, purple, orange, white, etc.). The castle and Space Mountain are beautiful! There under the safety of darkness is when the "big", "tough" teens break down (especially 1st timers) and thank us for bringing them. Some cry and some give us hugs. We have seen that Disney magic work on Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, boy, girl, freshman, senior, etc. I know this is sappy, but hey if they cry when they thank you, they will jump through hoops when you give them hard assignments later:) HeHeHe! 5 weeks 6 days until Youth Education Series trip #6 to WDW

makonyy15

Hmmm Dole Whips are delicious but i love the coffee drinks/milkshake that you can snag in the bakery on Main Street. They're delicious and good any time of the day, even some of the hot spring mornings to wake you up! And suprisingly I love just staying at the MK as late as I can with EMH etc. It's just so exciting to be there at night, riding the rides over and over again and feeling like the park is yours, as if you could ride forever :p

Main Street Jim

I sincerely regret not being able to find a Dole Whip place anywhere this past trip.

Dole Whips are found in only one location: Aloha Isle in Adventureland. It's almost right across from Swiss Family Treehouse and Bwana Bob;s merchandise cart, walking from Main Street into Adventureland.

Another overlooked "gem": the Main Street vehicles. Guests *LOVE* when they can catch us out on the street (which isn't very often) with the Fire Truck, Omnibus (double-decker bus), our 1903 Franklins, and our Jitneys (the "paddy wagon"). We nearly always get a full load of guests when we're out. There is no set schedule for the vehicles; it's hard for us to drive when you have a Trolley Show running at 20 after the hour, then as soon as that's done, Cinderellabration is going. It really only leaves about twenty minutes of every hour in the mornings to drive. If I'm working parades, I'll get a vehicle out in the afternoon between Flag Retreat and our night parade meetings.

col

makonyy15 said:
Hmmm Dole Whips are delicious but i love the coffee drinks/milkshake that you can snag in the bakery on Main Street. They're delicious and good any time of the day, even some of the hot spring mornings to wake you up! And suprisingly I love just staying at the MK as late as I can with EMH etc. It's just so exciting to be there at night, riding the rides over and over again and feeling like the park is yours, as if you could ride forever :p

you have just described what i do; get a frozen latte from the main street bakery and cinnimon roll and stay in the park till the voice comes over the speakers suggesting the park is closing even when its EMH's. that is my ideal day but when im there it happens every other day :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom