Some of the coolest simple things to experience at WDW Theme Parks

Mori Anne

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I just wanted to pass along some of the coolest things that my family and I experienced at WDW. I thought it would be nice to start a thread for all Disney guests to share their favorite simple experiences with others. So many people get caught up in the rides, that some many simple yet fun things are missed or are easily "passed " up.

Here are just a few of the "magical" simple things that we did or experienced and thoroughly loved.

1. Toontown Face Painting. Great artists turn your face into a piece of art. Whether it is a mermaid, a butterfly mask around your eyes, a superhero, dragon, or what ever you chose, you won't be disappointed. The colors are vibrant. It isn't "paint" rather makeup type paint that stays and doesn't get all over your clothes. It is also incredibly easy to wash off. My daughter still talks about her "face flutterfly". It was very beautiful and my little girl felt like a piece of priceless art.

2. The show in Japan. I HIGHLY appologize that I don't remember the name of it. The show focused on young children (acrobates??) that were dressed in colorful leatards and basically did forms of art with their bodies based on flexibility. They also were jumping through hoops of fire and other beautiful artsy movements. It was my daughters favorite show. It is really worth seeing if you can. It was amazing and beautiful. This show is in Epcot's World Showcase.(EDIT) Correction - pointed out later in this thread - This show is in China... Not Japan....We kept going back and forth between the two because I was shopping in Japan,and hubby was shopping in China with my daughter. There is no fire with the hoops either. I don't know why I thought this, but for some reason I did........ Had to watch my video of it to convince myself that there wasn't any fire... BUT, it is still so beautiful and amazing... Just very impressive and absolutly gorgous (sp?).....

3. The trails at Animal Kingdom. They were relaxing and very a delightful way to see the wildlife.

Oh, just a FYI. We timed it right to be on Astro Orbiter right at the begining of Wishes fireworks. It was amazing. We saw tinkerbell come down and the fireworks from there were fabulous. If you can time it just right, it is neat to experience Wishes from Astro Orbiter.

NCState

We love just setting on top on the train station at MK. I get very excited to look down main street USA and see the Castle standing proud!

KevinPage

FYI, the acrobats (Dragon Legends) are in CHINA, opposite side of World Showcase, next to Norway. And hoops of "fire"? You sure the sun glare didn't cause your eyes to burn cause they don't do that in WDW.

Japan has the drumming and candy lady.

:D :D :D

joanna71985

I like catching the little entertainment shows like Main Street Trolley show, Frontierland Hoedown, Sword in the Stone show, ect. I like to just relax and enjoy the shows.

BRER STITCH

Walk the path not taken by everyone else and you'll be in for some pleasant surprises!

There are so many great views from all over property that you just can't see if you stay on the main roads.

Next time you have a choice, take the path or walkway you never took before and stop to enjoy the sights and hushed sounds of the roads less travelled.....

:)

Mori Anne

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
KevinPage said:
FYI, the acrobats (Dragon Legends) are in CHINA, opposite side of World Showcase, next to Norway. And hoops of "fire"? You sure the sun glare didn't cause your eyes to burn cause they don't do that in WDW.

Japan has the drumming and candy lady.

:D :D :D

Yup, you are right there wasn't any fire.... hoops, but no fire. Not sure why I thought that.... And, it was China... Thank you for the correction. We were hoping back and forth between China and Japan and I guess I just jogged the memory.....But aren't they amazing and beautiful!!!!!

TheDisneyMagic

M:SpilotISTC12 said:
The music in Future World makes me so happy and excited to be there. When I hear that song sometimes I feel like im gunna cry.:cry:
I love this music aswell, great variety in the medley.

Things I also like are things like seeing that sparkle in someones eye the first time they meet their favourite character.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I enjoy watching the interactions with "Push", Wes Palm, the talking water fountains and the various street performers. I often just sit and watch people seeing (or totally missing) DeVine.

There are so many great free musical performances...all are superior just to stop and listen.

Teenchy

ClemsonTigger said:
I enjoy watching the interactions with "Push", Wes Palm, the talking water fountains and the various street performers. I often just sit and watch people seeing (or totally missing) DeVine.

There are so many great free musical performances...all are superior just to stop and listen.[/quote

I agree, there are so many "street performers" that most people just never stop long enough to enjoy.

And I still have not seen DeVine yet. And I have been to DAK about 6 times.! Guess I need to slow down myself sometimes!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Teenchy said:
ClemsonTigger said:

There are so many great free musical performances...all are superior just to stop and listen.[/quote

I agree, there are so many "street performers" that most people just never stop long enough to enjoy.

And I still have not seen DeVine yet. And I have been to DAK about 6 times.! Guess I need to slow down myself sometimes!

She appears at regular times, so check with Guest Services and they can give you the schedule. Although she has sometimes been at the front of the park, we have always seen her along the path starting over the bridge but before Harambe village going toward Flights of Wonder. If you inquire next time, I'm sure you will be able to see her (if you look hard enough) :D

col

i saw wishes from the astro orbiter and they are FAB!! when they started i was standing in the "load zone" ready to go into the lifts then when i go up onto the landing deck the view is amazing.

on my last trip it was the first time that i can remember that i got the train to splash mountain and it was so quick much better than walking after a hard day around MK. i noticed a swamp which i never knew they had at MK or any other disney park but i do know that this is florida and most of it is covered in swamps, well you learn and see something new everyday.

ballewclan

ClemsonTigger said:

There are so many great free musical performances...all are superior just to stop and listen.

Never heard of Push or Wes Palm, but i have seen DeVine...it was scary! I was just walking along then suddenly i thought a tree was falling on me, cause she like leaned over me and i was like AHHHHHHHHHHH and i ran a few feet away then i was like "THATS AWESOME"

def some of the best parts of wdw are the street performers and little things like the singing in the rain umbrella at MGM and the key under the mat...very cool

SallyShine

Exploring Tom Sawyers Island! It's never crowded and there's so much to see. We especially enjoy the cave. It's a nice break from the hustle and bustle of the park.

MissM

Cooling down with a Dole Whip. Just strolling along Adventureland or sitting, people-watching and eating the most yummy dessert in the World.
-m

dandaman

MissM said:
Cooling down with a Dole Whip. Just strolling along Adventureland or sitting, people-watching and eating the most yummy dessert in the World.
-m

I sincerely regret not being able to find a Dole Whip place anywhere this past trip. :cry:

I guess that and E:E will be some new stuff for next time! :lol:

joanna71985

I love seeing PUSH! On my last trip I actually saw his operator. He was really close to PUSH (I got a picture of both of them). Though there were some really obnoxious teens blatently pointing at him.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
dandaman said:
I sincerely regret not being able to find a Dole Whip place anywhere this past trip. :cry:

I guess that and E:E will be some new stuff for next time! :lol:

The Dole Whip building is on the right after crossing the bridge and entering Adventureland. Only spot

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom