SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

BwanaBob

So it begs the question... if they are assigned to another ride and are on shift.. why are they over here and not at their ride? :) The pieces are just funky beyond saying these guys are all on shift at 7DMC and there just wasn't anything else for them to do at the time.
This is not unusual. It is also VERY plausible that there are cast who picked up extra shifts that may have been posted for 'guest flow control' and were stationed at or near Mine Train.

This is not unusual at all if you are even vaguely familiar w/ Ops and Disney's deployment systems.

SAV

If they say, open in spring, it should've opened around March 20th. Not towards the end of spring. Don't try to justify it.

Really? If they say "open in spring" and it opens before June 21st, then they have met their announced time frame. It will be open in Spring, as promised. It didn't say open in "early" spring or by "March 20th". They can't help that you assumed that is when it should open. It isn't up to you to pick the exact date when they didn't announce one yet.

Don't try to rip on them for a date that they still haven't missed.

flynnibus

Premium Member
This is not unusual. It is also VERY plausible that there are cast who picked up extra shifts that may have been posted for 'guest flow control' and were stationed at or near Mine Train.

So again... if they are stationed at or near mine train... that's a lot of CMs being staffed in what appears to be an excessive amount.

People said "wow, that's a lot of CMs"
then some counter "well they are probably from somewhere else.. not there"
then you just say "well they are probably stations there or near there"

Either way... that's Disney posting a lot of CMs out there! Not CMs just showing up on their own.

rct247

The reason there are so many cast standing outside is because there are so many guests that bug them with questions and get all upset when they are told the ride opens May 28th. Security has regularly been stationed there as well. Leave Disney alone for wanting to staff so many people out there. Trust me, if there was only two, there would be a line of people forming because a couple people gather around asking questions and the rest think it's about to open to everyone. It's not that big of a deal folks. Relax.

Jakester

So it begs the question... if they are assigned to another ride and are on shift.. why are they over here and not at their ride? :) The pieces are just funky beyond saying these guys are all on shift at 7DMC and there just wasn't anything else for them to do at the time.
Mickey will place you in some crazy areas if he feels if he really needs it.

cw1982

I think that this statement is wrong, it's a theme park, I would rather ride it next vacation then be unsafe..... Just because it doesn't open before peoples
Vacations, doesn't mean they should open it just for you, you aren't the only customer.

If the park isn't safe, they can get sued BIGTIME

I'm pretty sure the post you quoted was intended as sarcasm.

Furiated

The reason there are so many cast standing outside is because there are so many guests that bug them with questions and get all upset when they are told the ride opens May 28th. Security has regularly been stationed there as well. Leave Disney alone for wanting to staff so many people out there. Trust me, if there was only two, there would be a line of people forming because a couple people gather around asking questions and the rest think it's about to open to everyone. It's not that big of a deal folks. Relax.

I don't know the people are necessarily saying its a big deal, it just seems odd. I had the same reaction when I walked by yesterday of , why are there so many CMs standing there?

Unless you are physically bracing for a giant rush of unruly guests, it seems like you could make do with 2 CMs and one uniformed security guard, instead of a wall of 10 CMs.

The people that said its for safety/security are probably right. Either way, not a big deal, just my curiosity at work :)

Sped2424

arguing about when it should have opened is going to do much for us now, the end game is in sight and coming up rather soon. I am betting this thing won't soft open until the 24 hour event so disney can use that as a little bragging right for the event.

kinghenry

Really? If they say "open in spring" and it opens before June 21st, then they have met their announced time frame. It will be open in Spring, as promised. It didn't say open in "early" spring or by "March 20th". They can't help that you assumed that is when it should open. It isn't up to you to pick the exact date when they didn't announce one yet.

Don't try to rip on them for a date that they still haven't missed.

People like you are the reason why Disney is lagging behind Universal right now in terms of expansions and innovation. Stop trying to justify their poor choices. They did wrong by saying spring, even the chairmen of Walt Disney parks and resorts kind of acknowledged it. People planned around the fact that they said opened spring. Anyone would think that if they said spring, which starts march 20, by mid April it would be open. Not the last 3 weeks of spring. For that they should have said "open summer".

Mouse Trap

People like you are the reason why Disney is lagging behind Universal right now in terms of expansions and innovation. Stop trying to justify their poor choices. They did wrong by saying spring, even the chairmen of Walt Disney parks and resorts kind of acknowledged it. People planned around the fact that they said opened spring. Anyone would think that if they said spring, which starts march 20, by mid April it would be open. Not the last 3 weeks of spring. For that they should have said "open summer".

Sources please.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom