SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

BigTxEars

Sigh... welcome to my world (think about what I do for a living lol).

Seeing a lot of this today for some reason!

Oh it's everywhere it seems. I could get SO political but not the time nor place. I will just say this starts with the government and the cradle to grave ideology some have about the role of government in their lives..and entitlements...and "fairness".......oh see there I go.........got all political...:eek:

I am going back in Jan of next year, I swear if they have one ride shut down for refurb or maintenance you are all gonna hear about it on here!!! ;)

cw1982

Oh it's everywhere it seems. I could get SO political but not the time nor place. I will just say this starts with the government and the cradle to grave ideology some have about the role of government in their lives..and entitlements...and "fairness".......oh see there I go.........got all political...:eek:

I am going back in Jan of next year, I swear if they have one ride shut down for refurb or maintenance you are all gonna hear about it on here!!! ;)

Lol... refurbs in January?!? Why would they do such a thing when they already know you're coming? ;)

Disneyhead'71

I believe it is pervasive across all levels of today's society. I know you were referring to the lower end, but please don't tell me the Esclade drivers don't feel bit entitled

cw1982

I believe it is pervasive across all levels of today's society. I know you were referring to the lower end, but please don't tell me the Esclade drivers don't feel bit entitled

At the risk of sounding very politically incorrect, I will say that sometimes the Escalade drivers ARE the ones on the "lower end." I should know. One such family lives right down the street from me.

But yes, I fully agree with you here. The sense of entitlement spans far beyond any one economic classification. I see it every day, and I see it across a variety of student groups, not just the poor or the rich or any one race/culture. The problem is rampant.

BigTxEars

At the risk of sounding very politically incorrect, I will say that sometimes the Escalade drivers ARE the ones on the "lower end." I should know. One such family lives right down the street from me.

But yes, I fully agree with you here. The sense of entitlement spans far beyond any one economic classification. I see it every day, and I see it across a variety of student groups, not just the poor or the rich or any one race/culture. The problem is rampant.

Around here as well. Scary really what some folks think they are entitled to....

Cesar R M

I agree about not understanding the rage that it wasn't open in "Spring". I mean, as others have pointed out, June 21st starts summer. April and May to me are the solid spring months (despite the awful heat already here in Florida and it seems elsewhere too!). January and February I've always thought were "winter months" and March, that could go either way, LOL.

I understand it's frustrating to base a trip around that, and then it not be open, and a lot of people are restricted to only being able to go at certain times of the year, but for once, Disney really hasn't done anything wrong. They said Spring and they are delivering on that. Maybe because it was rumored to be open earlier (though I can't recall that) but still ... don't plan a trip around rumors.

And even Universal isn't rushing to reveal when their new ride is opening, either. I for one think it's smart to not promise something months in advance when things can and do happen that could delay that. Then they'd really have a problem.
in my opinion.. they want clients to attend disney parks as usual, if you give them a real deadline final with no delays, the people will always change their travel plans and move them when the new attraction is opening.. thus causing a huge flood in the opening days and a loss of income in the days prior to it.

So, I guess there have been no soft openings yet, eh?

additional cooking required.

Bigart

Update Saturday May 17. There have been no guest soft openings. There will probably be no guest soft openings. There were never any soft openings mentioned, scheduled, announced, promised or otherwise. Management has no obligation to anyone to open the ride early except for their own if they so choose. Rumors of spurts of guests during 24 hour event..but nothing announced. It opens when it opens (May 28). Cast member riding is scheduled for the next 10 days. There are tons of cast members yet to ride that want to. Here is the pass you need to ride. Bring it with you, and bring your cast member ID as well.
IMG_5560.JPG

tdpolo26

Update Saturday May 17. There have been no guest soft openings. There will probably be no guest soft openings. There were never any soft openings mentioned, scheduled, announced, promised or otherwise. Management has no obligation to anyone to open the ride early except for their own if they so choose. Rumors of spurts of guests during 24 hour event..but nothing announced. It opens when it opens (May 28). Cast member riding is scheduled for the next 10 days. There are tons of cast members yet to ride that want to. Here is the pass you need to ride. Bring it with you, and bring your cast member ID as well.View attachment 53962
awesome now all I have to do is get some high school kid to make me a fake Disney id and a copy of that card... mine train here I come... hope it works when I go in nov... lol

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Update Saturday May 17. There have been no guest soft openings. There will probably be no guest soft openings. There were never any soft openings mentioned, scheduled, announced, promised or otherwise. Management has no obligation to anyone to open the ride early except for their own if they so choose. Rumors of spurts of guests during 24 hour event..but nothing announced. It opens when it opens (May 28). Cast member riding is scheduled for the next 10 days. There are tons of cast members yet to ride that want to. Here is the pass you need to ride. Bring it with you, and bring your cast member ID as well.View attachment 53962

When you say "There were never any soft openings mentioned, scheduled, announced, promised or otherwise" do you mean internally? Because they would never announce or schedule soft opening publicly.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I agree about not understanding the rage that it wasn't open in "Spring". I mean, as others have pointed out, June 21st starts summer. April and May to me are the solid spring months (despite the awful heat already here in Florida and it seems elsewhere too!). January and February I've always thought were "winter months" and March, that could go either way, LOL.

I understand it's frustrating to base a trip around that, and then it not be open, and a lot of people are restricted to only being able to go at certain times of the year, but for once, Disney really hasn't done anything wrong. They said Spring and they are delivering on that. Maybe because it was rumored to be open earlier (though I can't recall that) but still ... don't plan a trip around rumors.

And even Universal isn't rushing to reveal when their new ride is opening, either. I for one think it's smart to not promise something months in advance when things can and do happen that could delay that. Then they'd really have a problem.

I think it is foolish to plan your vacation around a single ride, even if that ride has been open for years! You never know what could happen that would prevent you from being able to ride that ride.

Jetdoctor

Multiple trains were rolling yesterday full of Cast Members. There was even a tour group that was booing the trains as they would pass. It was a little annoying and funny at the same time.
I was upset too only surface though. No harm. I have been checking every week since the walls all came down. But we will just have to be patient. Which I'm not, but all good

Last edited:

CMcFL

Update Saturday May 17. Cast member riding is scheduled for the next 10 days. There are tons of cast members yet to ride that want to. Here is the pass you need to ride. Bring it with you, and bring your cast member ID as well.View attachment 53962

Thanks for the update. Any info on dates when other park CM's can ride? Wonder if my leaders have any info yet....will have to check tonight.

Bigart

When you say "There were never any soft openings mentioned, scheduled, announced, promised or otherwise" do you mean internally? Because they would never announce or schedule soft opening publicly.
Yes..internally. They are never announced publicly, but they are planned internally. And nothing has been planned. CM load and unload testing continues. It is still a training period, and CMs will be riding exclusively for this training. It amazes me how many people cannot grasp this concept, and question constantly why they can't ride. It is because the attraction doesn't open to the public until May 28.
IMG_5558.JPG

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom