SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

csm

I noticed that when I walked by today, tons of CMs just standing around out front. Rain rolled through a couple times so my guess is that CM testing was originally planned and when the weather messed that up, they all went to stand outside in the human wall.

As @Mr Bill also confirmed, your guess here is incorrect.

flynnibus

Premium Member
No testing was planned today, most of the CMs standing outside either work at other rides in the nearby area or are there for support. Why they've decided they need so many CMs there is another question.

If they work other rides in the nearby area - why aren't they.. you know.. actually working the ride? Or are they off-shift and still in costume?

Mr Bill

If they work other rides in the nearby area - why aren't they.. you know.. actually working the ride? Or are they off-shift and still in costume?
There's been an extra position or two assigned to CMs to stand by the 7DMT entrance and answer questions/guard the ropes. Not sure why there's so many lately but there's a good chance that a few of the CMs pictured don't even typically work in Fantasyland but picked up a shift for some extra cash. It doesn't really require any extra training that can't be done in a ten minute debrief. "Stand here, tell people the ride's closed, if anyone asks the nearest bathrooms are over here."

Could also be that they were overstaffed, a few people are supposed to be handling stroller parking but aren't, stuff like that.

JohnD

There's been an extra position or two assigned to CMs to stand by the 7DMT entrance and answer questions/guard the ropes. Not sure why there's so many lately but there's a good chance that a few of the CMs pictured don't even typically work in Fantasyland but picked up a shift for some extra cash. It doesn't really require any extra training that can't be done in a ten minute debrief. "Stand here, tell people the ride's closed, if anyone asks the nearest bathrooms are over here."

Could also be that they were overstaffed, a few people are supposed to be handling stroller parking but aren't, stuff like that.

Every time I've been in MK and a ride is down for refurb there is always at least one CM in front. This is comparable to that except that 7DMT isn't yet open.

gitchard

At MK now. Was told at entrance that it is only select cast member at this time. Also told they do not know of any soft opening times.

Several people come out through the entrance a few minutes ago. A few of them appeared to be management types, stood around talking for a couple of minutes before leaving.

BwanaBob

At MK now. Was told at entrance that it is only select cast member at this time. Also told they do not know of any soft opening times.

Several people come out through the entrance a few minutes ago. A few of them appeared to be management types, stood around talking for a couple of minutes before leaving.
Could have been any mgrs from throughout the park. They are allowing MK cm's to board if they have an updated pass for the next 3 days.

Jakester

I can tell you this, I don't see many (if any) CMs who would stay IN THE PARK IN COSTUME off shift. Might be against company policy to be in the park costumed off duty

flynnibus

Premium Member
I can tell you this, I don't see many (if any) CMs who would stay IN THE PARK IN COSTUME off shift. Might be against company policy to be in the park costumed off duty

So it begs the question... if they are assigned to another ride and are on shift.. why are they over here and not at their ride? :) The pieces are just funky beyond saying these guys are all on shift at 7DMC and there just wasn't anything else for them to do at the time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom