SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

tl77

It's actually a little bit different. With theme park attractions and the competition that exists now in Orlando, it's important to get the word out early for those vacation planners who are typically looking at booking this month for their summer vacation. It's in Disney's best interest to get the word out as soon as possible in order to generate excitement and hopefully get the booking (money). It's also a big deal considering Universal is about to have a big press blowout for their new attractions too, so the first to strike might be the winner here. Especially when you consider the vast majority of people who aren't addicted like us, don't really have a clue what else is going in Orlando.

BTW: If they didn't care about about safety and capacity, it would be open before Memorial day.

umm? yeah thanks rewording pretty much what I said, and then rudely correcting exactly what I said at the end that was my favorite part

GrumpyFan

umm? yeah thanks rewording pretty much what I said, and then rudely correcting exactly what I said at the end that was my favorite part

Rudeness unintended. Just trying to add some clarity.

You mentioned movie trailers as an example, but there's a big difference between generating excitement for a theme park and a movie, especially when you start talking about a few thousand dollars. People can't/don't typically rush out and buy a movie ticket after seeing a preview/trailer for a movie that's coming soon. But, a theme park attraction that's opening soon, might generate enough excitement for many to book a vacation now, so they can be there when it does open.

Disneyson

I know it's dangerous to assume anything, but is it safe to say that a week after CM preview they'll have the ride running semi-regularly, as they have done for past rides? And, perhaps especially, might they need this ride to sop up some of the extra people in the park for 24 Hour? Or would that, do you think, diminish possibilities for a soft open?

jlsHouston

I know it's dangerous to assume anything, but is it safe to say that a week after CM preview they'll have the ride running semi-regularly, as they have done for past rides? And, perhaps especially, might they need this ride to sop up some of the extra people in the park for 24 Hour? Or would that, do you think, diminish possibilities for a soft open?

I would say...nothing is safe to say...

cw1982

Definitely not safe to assume anything at this point.

Ember

I'll let you know next week ;)

Eärendil

Anyhoo, has there been any word on how many trains are running simultaneously now? Will they be able to get the capacity over the 600 people per hour that has been speculated? Sorry if I missed it.

Disneyson

I really just wanted an educated guess based on previous experiences with soft openings and other "special events" at Disney, and whether or not they tend to speed up or slow down the opening process for said events -- sorry if my comment threw shade or something, that wasn't my intention, nor was it to find a concrete answer. Just opinions! :D Don't mind me, though, continue on.

PhotoDave219

Anyhoo, has there been any word on how many trains are running simultaneously now? Will they be able to get the capacity over the 600 people per hour that has been speculated? Sorry if I missed it.

600 people per hour puts it at half ... or one third less than Soarin's OHRC. (Soarin stats - 87 riders x 2 chambers x 12 theoretical cycles (5 minutes per showing, 12 per hour) THRC = 2088, 1700 more realistic)

Marin or Lee might have more insight on the specs of 7DMTC

bob0012

Wow. Absolutes, eh? So there is NO CHANCE this particular CM is a roommate to someone who works in another area of WDW, maybe even a CM at 7DMT? No Chance? I want you on my jury if I am ever prosecuting.

Actually correct, no chance. The hourly CMs at a ride don't know it's going to soft open on a particular day until about an hour before hand. Soft opens are not scheduled in advance, they are milestone based. It's like they are going down a check list and soft opening is one of the lower boxes, when they get there they get there. There is an expected time frame, but even management doesn't know exactly when it's going to happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom