SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

Space Mountain

Rough day for 7DMT yesterday due to show scenes not cooperating

Less than 50 CMs rode (semi-private CM event for Fantasyland)

Under 100 cycles yesterday

Cast Members staffed at the entrance and exit do not work for 7DMT

I'm still holding firm on no public riders until after May 2nd, at the very least

Media Day will be interesting

doctornick

I'm confused about the middle section. I'm assuming the mountain was originally planned to be much larger than it is now, since the dark ride portion appears to have several elevations that intersect. Really is a shame; a layout like that with the extended mountain scenes would have easily elevated this to an E ticket and become the crown jewel/headliner that New Fantasyland needed.

Agreed. The longer track in the beginning combined with a much longer indoor area would likely make a big difference in terms of how the ride was received. Off the cuff, I think that the ride in the first picture would probably be 4+ minutes in length if it moves slowly through the larger dark ride portion which is around where a ride goes from "wow, that was over quickly" to "immersive experience".

Also, for the original plan, is the one shaded area in the second half of the track a second indoor show scene? Or is that just representing the long debated "log bride"?

CTXRover

Very impressive new video of animatronics in the 7DMT animatronic thread, particularly of Doc. Way beyond what I expected in terms of animatronics. Hoping to see them in person soon when this finally opens. Any updates on testing for today?

Last edited:

PrincessNelly_NJ

Rough day for 7DMT yesterday due to show scenes not cooperating

Less than 50 CMs rode (semi-private CM event for Fantasyland)

Under 100 cycles yesterday

Cast Members staffed at the entrance and exit do not work for 7DMT

I'm still holding firm on no public riders until after May 2nd, at the very least

Media Day will be interesting
CMs have been saying that it will not even be fully functional for Media Day. So I would even say no soft openings until May 10th.

Disneyhead'71

Concerning this weeks press event, this situation is where courting the bloggers could backfire. The "legitimate" media will play along, shot from prescribed angles, and stick to the press release regardless of operational status. The lifestyle bloggers, on the other hand, will cry into their Pooh plush and then write really whiney blogs/twits.

LostPrincessKarleigh

Correct, nothing in the materials says that we'll be able to ride.
Yeah, I know they are playing it safe but this is supposed to be the cherry on top for NFL. Keeping it under wraps so consistently is supposed to be building the tension. Also, having the media preview, to me, was a way to really get the word out about how awesome the attraction IS, not how it is GOING TO BE great. With all the hype around this attraction, it just seems like a loss of opportunity to not have it fully functioning for the media previews and the dedication ceremony.

JRMFL

A panorama taken during a recent visit (4/22)
IMG_20140422_170117_stitch.jpg

Mawg

A panorama taken during a recent visit (4/22)
View attachment 52191
Hey JimmyMiles, Your profile looks familiar to me. You look like a cast member where a few years back we were at a cart (don't remember which one) we were talking about wishing they still had some buttons to give a way. He said, oh which one and opened a drawer and had so many different kinds. I think we got 1st visit for one of may boys and fist rollercoaster for another. Very nice man. I know if it was you, you probably would not remember but if it was, Thank you and if not Thank you anyways because in general it is the cast that makes the parks.

BigTxEars

I'm confused about the middle section. I'm assuming the mountain was originally planned to be much larger than it is now, since the dark ride portion appears to have several elevations that intersect. Really is a shame; a layout like that with the extended mountain scenes would have easily elevated this to an E ticket and become the crown jewel/headliner that New Fantasyland needed.

Of course you are, your an Aggie ;)

I kid....I kid....:)

JRMFL

Hey JimmyMiles, Your profile looks familiar to me. You look like a cast member where a few years back we were at a cart (don't remember which one) we were talking about wishing they still had some buttons to give a way. He said, oh which one and opened a drawer and had so many different kinds. I think we got 1st visit for one of may boys and fist rollercoaster for another. Very nice man. I know if it was you, you probably would not remember but if it was, Thank you and if not Thank you anyways because in general it is the cast that makes the parks.
I have only been a CM for one year and one month, but I'm proud that whoever that was did such a good job making you feel welcome, and part of the family. That's always my goal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom