SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

DoctorDisney

A few MK friends of mine have been transferred to 7DMT and advised me that their personal training doesn't even begin until Monday or Tuesday. We are close, but not SO close.

And there is a section of the official Disney website for upcoming AP news including previews, etc...

twebber55

A few MK friends of mine have been transferred to 7DMT and advised me that their personal training doesn't even begin until Monday or Tuesday. We are close, but not SO close.

And there is a section of the official Disney website for upcoming AP news including previews, etc...
best guess? softs? grand opening?

NYwdwfan

Hey welcome to wdwmagic!! I stumbled on your twitter feed today - glad you came to join us!

DoctorDisney

Thanks for the welcome. Much appreciated.

Upon speaking with Imagineers a week ago at Anna/Elsa at MK debut, they joked around with me and did the whole "We can't say, etc.." but told me to guess.

I said, "Soft opening late May around 24-hour and grand opening in mid-June."

Three of the Imagineers looked at each other, one almost choked, and one said, "You come here a lot...don't you?"

Who knows.

WorldTraveler83

Hi everyone. This is my first post, but I've been a reader here on and off for years. I was in MK today, and made it a point to check in at 7DMT at least once an hour in the off chance of a soft open. I arrived at the park around 1:00 and they seemed to be filming something with Dopey and some actors. When I came back a little later on, I saw three men in collared shirts working on what looked to be electrical wires on the track. Later in the afternoon, there was more weight testing going on. This continued off and on for the next few hours. I left the park around 6:30 when it started raining. They had a sprinkler system set up on the track throughout the day. They appear to be watering the rock work (not the plants). I'm guessing it they are trying to encourage algae to grow on the rock work to make it look more woodsy. It looks nice. I have attached some photos taken with my cell phone (not the best quality) of the filming with Dopey and the electrical work. Even if I didn't get to ride, it was nice to see Fantasy Land without any construction walls for the first time in years. I asked two CMs when the ride would open. One said she didn't know and the other said early June. Fingers crossed this opens before the heat and crowds late May and June.

Attachments

• CAM00688.jpg
    CAM00688.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 302
  • CAM00689.jpg
    CAM00689.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 293
  • CAM00694.jpg
    CAM00694.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 298

Vegas Disney Fan

Sorry for the late report but I've been at DCA and DL all day! :)

I know a CM who was able to ride today and she said the theming is some of the best she's ever seen from Disney but she also said the ride itself was a little boring because it's slow. :(

We've been hearing for months that it would be between barnstormer and BTMRR and she said that's an accurate comparison, disappointing to hear.

TP2000

These issues with a relatively straight track make you wonder what would have happened had they stayed with the longer, more involved track layout....

Oh? There was a longer, more involved version? That makes sense, since when I look at the layout and the available ride-thru videos it seems too short and small-scale. What caused them to cut the track layout? Money? Or something else?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Oh? There was a longer, more involved version? That makes sense, since when I look at the layout and the available ride-thru videos it seems too short and small-scale. What caused them to cut the track layout? Money? Or something else?
There was another version. I alone know of three actually. Another that was only shortened a little bit. Although I can't comment on why it was shortened.

The final version on the right:

image.jpg

Last edited:

Next Big Thing

A shame that they cut down the track length. Is the Shanghai version going to be a WDW clone or are they going to use the original plans there?

kylewr86

I was around the ride a few times later than previous posts. I saw it from around 7-10pm tonight. I dont know if it means anything but maybe getting it ready for media day but some things struck me.Yesterday even during the day the ride work lights were on. The hardhats were busy all day until night fall. The lights stayed on all day and the ride didnt move that I saw. Today the ride was testing as it seemed but the work lights were off even at night. I looked into the mine from the walkway and I saw the Dopey animatronic and the colorful gems. The interior animatronic were working and the ride was show ready, working with awesome levels of lighting. The lights are dim but light enough to see when walking the walkways. Im stoked for it to open.

SpectroMan93

There was another version. I alone know of three actually. Another that was only shortened a little bit. Although I can't comment on why it was shortened.

The final version on the right:

View attachment 52174
I'm confused about the middle section. I'm assuming the mountain was originally planned to be much larger than it is now, since the dark ride portion appears to have several elevations that intersect. Really is a shame; a layout like that with the extended mountain scenes would have easily elevated this to an E ticket and become the crown jewel/headliner that New Fantasyland needed.

ProfSlim

Was at the MK again today ... Stopped by 7DMT a couple of times and asked at least 8 CMs, specifically at the attraction, about any opening dates. The party line from all of them was exactly the same "late Spring". Not surpringly none offered a single nugget of info other than that... A few imagineers were on the tracks esch time I stopped by... As others have said, pretty impressive themeing from the outside .

DisneyArb

I just looked over the next week and see nothing. Chances are he's just looking for attention, although it WOULD be interesting if Disney is attempting a new way of organizing soft openings and subtly giving a few people access to it in MDE. But I'm highly skeptical.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom