SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

Nland316

Why wouldn't disney have announced anything by now then? I would also love for it to open on Saturday but there has been absolutely no official word yet.

Kman101

Maybe they just want to go right to opening the darn thing? No soft openings would be strange but if they already delayed opening it, they could just want to go ahead and get it open .... but who knows? Early to mid May seems like a decent compromise.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Disney Insider posted a video interview with Imagineer Chris Beatty. He gets very in depth about the ride and drops some serious insider info. JK. Its mostly the same stuff weve been hearing. He does mention however that "Sleepy" is his favorite dwarf in the attraction and that we will know why when we go through the mine. Anybody heard anything regarding the Sleepy AA? Im posting the vid just for anybody who would like to watch it.

muteki

Why wouldn't disney have announced anything by now then? I would also love for it to open on Saturday but there has been absolutely no official word yet.
I imagine there is some desire to surprise everyone with the opening in an effort to keep Uni from spoiling the party w/ HP info.

Kman101

It's only Wednesday LOL so they could technically announce the opening of it anytime today, tomorrow or Friday. It seems like they're kind of winging it here though. The media event could easily announce an opening date.

Arty Cordova

Here is the schedule for the media event. Great article from Inside the magic.

http://www./2014/04/walt-disney-wor...-dedication-mymagic-disney-side-a-look-ahead/

Weather_Lady

He does mention however that "Sleepy" is his favorite dwarf in the attraction and that we will know why when we go through the mine. Anybody heard anything regarding the Sleepy AA? Im posting the vid just for anybody who would like to watch it.

In the newest video on the WDW Official Parks Blog about the animatronics, it appears to show (if I interpreted it correctly) Sleepy dozing with a skunk on perched on him, with its tail being blown up and down by the force of Sleepy's snore. Perhaps this is what he is referring to.

ptaylor

Premium Member
Queue work
image.jpg

GrumpyFan

I imagine there is some desire to surprise everyone with the opening in an effort to keep Uni from spoiling the party w/ HP info.
Keeping a lid on it in order to truly give the press first looks. I'm okay with this. It seems in the past when they've soft opened a new attraction prior to the media event, the Internet spoiled the party with tons of photos, videos and critiques of it, taking a lot of steam away from the press. By not soft opening, and keeping the general public and their phones and cameras out, it should make for a much bigger and controlled press event with (hopefully) good reviews and professional images, which should produce a bigger PR effect and increase visibility to more than just the fans, like us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom