SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

Cesar R M

It looks like the ride is open to the Cast Members. There are pictures all over Twitter with them riding this morning.
the joys of being a CM hu?
"I tested it first!"

Per Attractions, Fantasyland cast members are riding the mine train this morning.
BmUCtxtIAAAbQC6.jpg

love the "yikes" faces some are doing while others just waving at the camera XD

WDWFantasmicFan

i apologize if this video has been posted earlier. i'm thinking that the people riding it are the ones in the commercial.

You can clearly see the swinging, and it looks like the ride gets the speed up pretty quick for a family coaster! Can't wait to ride in August - but cannot begin to imagine the queues that it'll have!

flynnibus

Premium Member
It doesn't look like it will take 3 more weeks to open, if they take any longer than a week it looks like it will just be to build more hype.

Just because they are running trains with people does not mean they are ready to run. It means they are able to run what you see... they still have to do all the training, and training running the system at operational levels in terms of volumes, people, etc. Don't think "I saw people! its' over!"

CheekBoys

Just because they are running trains with people does not mean they are ready to run. It means they are able to run what you see... they still have to do all the training, and training running the system at operational levels in terms of volumes, people, etc. Don't think "I saw people! its' over!"
Yeah, that's true. I forgot about all that stuff.

CaptainShortty

This is very true. They have A LOT of cast members tht still need to go through training before they are ready to run. It's coming, but not as quick as you all may think.

LostPrincessKarleigh

Saw this on a FB post in one of the groups. Not sure how accurate it really is, but thought I'd share anyways! :)

From a reliable source who runs a Disney blog: "Here's an update from an MMC member at the MK today - Update: note-this came directly from a Cast Member and an Imagineer, they did say it's ok to share: they expect Annual Passholder Preview to take place abut 4 or 5 days after the press event and dedication, which takes place on Friday. Soft opening is still about two weeks away. They are expecting official opening in 3 weeks. No idea yet when Fast Passes will be released. They are running the trains today, but with cast and press only. They also did filming both in the ride and overhead by helicopter today. So it's coming soon!"
Here's hoping there will be a soft opening the week I am there!
Return to WDW!  

TomHendricks

3 weeks? Wow, that's going to be cutting it close to the end of my trip! Crossing my fingers and hoping it opens sooner, or at least it's soft opening and we can get on.
Our trip is from May 15th to the 21st, with our MK days being the 18th & 19th. We are staying at BLT, the last two days, 20th & 21st are just hanging around the resort. So hopefully that we'll get to ride on our MK days, I've left open a few Fast Pass + with filler reservations just in case. If it does open on the 20th or 21st, I'll buy another ticket and head to the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom