SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

indigo

I've heard the same information from two sources now (although they could be getting it from the same source, so YMMV). SDMT exited test-and-adjust just in time for the media preview. They're now having to train multiple shifts of cast members on operations and safety procedures. Evac is a bit of a challenge due to swinging nature of cars. There's a fix for that, but it requires some extra training. As soon as they feel training is sufficient, they'll start putting the ride into regular operation mode. Of course, it will help having some actual riders for the roller coaster, so at that point Cast Member and AP previews may be scheduled. One source said they don't know if this will happen until the last week before May 28th (ie, during the 24 hour day for APs), the other source was a tad bit more optimistic. The end result is the same, training is ongoing. No official word on CM or AP previews, let alone soft openings.

SkiPro3

I was at the park all day today and only saw a very few old men riding this thing, although the trains were running almost all day long. Otherwise, the only people around were the two CM's out front with the mantra that it will open on the 28th.
It was my opinion that NOTHING was going to be happening any time soon. If there's training going on, it's sure not being done at the ride/attraction itself. There was no labor, gardening, construction, painting, etc. There was nobody that I could see anywhere other than those few on the ride or the two out front.
I do admire how quiet that train runs though. It's a whisper compared to Thunder Mountain with all it's clackity clacking that goes on with that ride. I could bare hear the 7DMT running while standing very near those trains running around.
Also, the whole set is quite attractive. The construction looks beautiful. No corners were cut in making it all look very Disney. The only thing that can compare is the Pirates ride. As I went through that queue line today I kept thinking about how well the details were done on that ride, to the point that I didn't mind the 25 minute stroll up to the boats themselves. The outside of 7DMT is like that in my opinion.

campgroundlifer

I was at the park all day today and only saw a very few old men riding this thing, although the trains were running almost all day long. Otherwise, the only people around were the two CM's out front with the mantra that it will open on the 28th.
It was my opinion that NOTHING was going to be happening any time soon. If there's training going on, it's sure not being done at the ride/attraction itself. There was no labor, gardening, construction, painting, etc. There was nobody that I could see anywhere other than those few on the ride or the two out front.
I do admire how quiet that train runs though. It's a whisper compared to Thunder Mountain with all it's clackity clacking that goes on with that ride. I could bare hear the 7DMT running while standing very near those trains running around.
Also, the whole set is quite attractive. The construction looks beautiful. No corners were cut in making it all look very Disney. The only thing that can compare is the Pirates ride. As I went through that queue line today I kept thinking about how well the details were done on that ride, to the point that I didn't mind the 25 minute stroll up to the boats themselves. The outside of 7DMT is like that in my opinion.

Whats wrong with old men they need some fun also?

CaptainShortty

About the training, that's not necessarily true. The most important parts of an attraction to learn (and the most critical to running the attraction) are the tower position as well as the person in charge of loading/unloading the attraction. They would both be inside the mountain practicing which is likely why cars are seen running all day. Effectively, aside from FP+ and greeter, all of the positions that would need training would be out of view of the general public.

Arty Cordova

Could this mean Soft Opening begins Friday?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 251

cw1982

Could this mean Soft Opening begins Friday?

Maybe. I wondered if maybe that site was more in reference to some kind of game that will come out as a way to help build even more hype for the ride. I haven't seen anything to suggest this, but it doesn't make sense to me that there would be anything that would officially or unofficially tip people off about soft openings, given their nature and purpose.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom