SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

PrincessNelly_NJ

May 18 sounds right. If you go to disneys website then to the ride page and click on the box on the picture it says something about trainers needed then at the end complete your training in 18 days. It was posted on Main Street mouse
Hey! It does! Never noticed that before... weird that it says training begins in 14 days but then says May 18.
Anyway... I got the name "Lovely" :D I feel so special now!

MonorailLover

Hey! It does! Never noticed that before... weird that it says training begins in 14 days but then says May 18.
Anyway... I got the name "Lovely" :D I feel so special now!

Maybe it opens may 15th but you can complete something online may 18th??

My sister talked to a CM this week, and they said that soft openings may start the second/third week of may, so the main street mouse could be somewhat accurate........ though CM's have been known to get our hopes up....

MonorailLover

Sister also says today that New Fantasyland is closing at 5pm, there are currently tons of CM's and Imagineers around the ride, which is RUNNING(probably for Cast only)...... Also the media get to eat at Be Our Guest, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is completely closed to the public today.

EDIT: People with special passes allowed to ride, CM says media can bring guests

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Thank goodness the folks running Disneyland don't share the opinion here that it is a "complete" park that doesn't need E-tickets. On the contrary, a park with too many guests and not enough to do needs more high-capacity E-Tickets to handle people. Putting in a D-ticket with woefully low hourly capacity is not what was needed.

Since when is the response to "we have too many people" to do nothing but try to scare people away? If an airport is too crowded, they build new terminals; they don't make the flying experience so miserable that passengers go to a different airport. Of course, the other parks need more additions than the MK, but that does not mean the MK should be left to rot.

Attractions Magazine has a full ride video - ride timing (without load and unload) is 2 minutes and 45 seconds. LOVE the combo of coaster and high tech dark ride.

Inside the Magic is reporting that Disney will announce official opening date at tomorrow's dedication.

Can't find any reports of soft openings today, but maybe we will see some after all the media has ridden?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom