SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

wannab@dis

Look at difference between second and third cars. You can see the swinging effect.
Exactly.

Notice the difference between the sides of the cars and the base of the cars (wooden wheeled area). You'll see the sides are not lined up, but the base is mostly in line.

With riders back on the coaster today, seems like yesterday's speculations of clearance issues were minor (or non-existent) and not the major "WDI screwed up this ride" being posted.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
They shoulda' put the Dwarfs! on that ride first! They're bodies are small, but their heads are HUGE...if anything's gonna' get lopped off.....just sayin'......Please make Dopey sit in the first car. Thanks.
SevenDwarfsMineTrain-Dopey.jpg

Obi

i apologize if this video has been posted earlier. i'm thinking that the people riding it are the ones in the commercial.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Exactly.

Notice the difference between the sides of the cars and the base of the cars (wooden wheeled area). You'll see the sides are not lined up, but the base is mostly in line.

With riders back on the coaster today, seems like yesterday's speculations of clearance issues were minor (or non-existent) and not the major "WDI screwed up this ride" being posted.
Maybe so...or maybe there were problems and they just fixed them.

Either way its great news that its up and running. I'm waiting for the first "unauthorized" ride through video.;)

doctornick

Either way its great news that its up and running. I'm waiting for the first "unauthorized" ride through video.;)

Yep. I won't be back until the late summer, so I'm confident the ride will be open before I go next. So, in my case, the biggest interest is in hearing/seeing about the details during a full ride. I look forward to seeing the show scenes in action, especially the unknown cottage scene.

Susan Wengert

Saw this on a FB post in one of the groups. Not sure how accurate it really is, but thought I'd share anyways! :)

From a reliable source who runs a Disney blog: "Here's an update from an MMC member at the MK today - Update: note-this came directly from a Cast Member and an Imagineer, they did say it's ok to share: they expect Annual Passholder Preview to take place abut 4 or 5 days after the press event and dedication, which takes place on Friday. Soft opening is still about two weeks away. They are expecting official opening in 3 weeks. No idea yet when Fast Passes will be released. They are running the trains today, but with cast and press only. They also did filming both in the ride and overhead by helicopter today. So it's coming soon!"

CheekBoys

Saw this on a FB post in one of the groups. Not sure how accurate it really is, but thought I'd share anyways! :)

From a reliable source who runs a Disney blog: "Here's an update from an MMC member at the MK today - Update: note-this came directly from a Cast Member and an Imagineer, they did say it's ok to share: they expect Annual Passholder Preview to take place abut 4 or 5 days after the press event and dedication, which takes place on Friday. Soft opening is still about two weeks away. They are expecting official opening in 3 weeks. No idea yet when Fast Passes will be released. They are running the trains today, but with cast and press only. They also did filming both in the ride and overhead by helicopter today. So it's coming soon!"
It doesn't look like it will take 3 more weeks to open, if they take any longer than a week it looks like it will just be to build more hype.

Kman101

Though, there's that word again, speculation ... I would assume they want this thing open for the 24 hour event. And yeah, Spirit had stated he heard they would be running soft openings this week and considering cast are riding, it seems to jive. But Disney does what they want, lol.

And people are impatient (for good reason) because it took, what, three to four years to build this thing? Seriously ... it's time ... LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom