SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

jlsHouston

I just dont get why they would let CM's ride all day but not do any type of soft opening. If its safety related, do the CM's sign some type of waiver? It must be gut wrenching for you guys that are down there to see it running and not be able to ride. I know I havent been the most excited person about this ride, but Im keeping my fingers crossed for you guys, good luck, I really hope you get to ride it
cuz the exit queue wasn't completed is what I was told Monday afternoon when I came out of BOG

donsullivan

Premium Member
Noticing lots of issues with groups unable to decide who rides with who after they get to load. The confusion is slowing boarding and forcing trains to dispatch with many empty seats.

Tip: ONLY 2 per row, no exceptions so decide who is with who before you get to load and no last minute changes to keep things moving. The way seats are designed you cannot squeeze a little one in between.

Also, posted 90 minute standby line is actually only 60. At merge now.

Last edited:

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Noticing lots of issues with groups unable to decide who rides with who after they get to load. The confusion is slowing boarding and forcing trains to dispatch with many empty seats.

Tip: ONLY 2 per row, no exceptions so decide who is with who before you get to load and no last minute changes to keep things moving.

Great updates, thank you.
Get me a Dole Whip and it's almost like being there.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Tip: ONLY 2 per row, no exceptions so decide who is with who before you get to load and no last minute changes to keep things moving. The way seats are designed you cannot squeeze a little one in between.

You would think groups would be familiar with a 2 across seating map. It must be the new ride smell. The fumes are causing mental processing difficulties!

aka_emilicious

They have an interesting grouping procedure from an operation stand point. After merge, odd numbered groups go in one line and even in the other. I'm curious if this is any faster than the usual load procedure.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I just heard from a guest here at CSR he was offered FP's for the ride from an email. Is this how people are getting FP's for the ride?

If you had a FP for the period when it was 101 you got an email telling you experience was unavailable and you then have an open FP for one time use on a range of attractions for rest of day. That may be what they were referring to.

doctornick

Well, part of that is simply being a new ride, so people don't really know what to expect in terms of the seat configuration. As more people have experience with the ride, it will be less of an issue (and the CMs will also be better aware and able to quickly deal with it).

donsullivan

Premium Member
They have an interesting grouping procedure from an operation stand point. After merge, odd numbered groups go in one line and even in the other. I'm curious if this is any faster than the usual load procedure.

From what I've seen in my half dozen rides so far it seems to work pretty well. It's kind of a prestaging area that seems to keep actual load filling pretty smoothly, except for the groups I referred to earlier.

Last edited:

Rob562

From what I've seen in my half dozen rides so far it seems to work pretty well. It's kind of a prestaging area that seems to keep actual load filling pretty smoothly, except for the groups I referred to earlier.

It's one way to fill a coaster without having a Single Rider line...

Had a Grouper at RnRC trying to do this on their own last year to the detriment of the Single Rider line. The only time Singles were moving in at all was when you had an odd-numbered group in the main queue being followed by an even-numbered group. The Singles line was stretched almost all the way back to the preshow room. Eventually a Lead stepped in and churned things out the way they were supposed to be done there.

-Rob

cw1982

It's one way to fill a coaster without having a Single Rider line...

Had a Grouper at RnRC trying to do this on their own last year to the detriment of the Single Rider line. The only time Singles were moving in at all was when you had an odd-numbered group in the main queue being followed by an even-numbered group. The Singles line was stretched almost all the way back to the preshow room. Eventually a Lead stepped in and churned things out the way they were supposed to be done there.

-Rob

Silly question:

How is the Single Rider line supposed to work, if not just to fill in odd-numbered groups? Not being sarcastic here... seriously didn't know there was another way to do it ;)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Silly question:

How is the Single Rider line supposed to work, if not just to fill in odd-numbered groups? Not being sarcastic here... seriously didn't know there was another way to do it ;)

Ya, I don't understand the difference between having single rider vs. odd number rider line. I would think being able to add one single rider to a "two person ride vehicle" would be easier than having odd number groups. Does anyone know the formula?

cw1982

Ya, I don't understand the difference between having single rider vs. odd number rider line. I would think being able to add one single rider to a "two person ride vehicle" would be easier than having odd number groups. Does anyone know the formula?

Glad I'm not the only one who's scratching my head over this :)

Rob562

Silly question:

The others got it on how the Mine Train system works. It's a way to handle odd-numbered groups without needing the space to run a dedicated Single Rider queue.

The problem with what I experienced at RnRC was that rather than grouping a party of 3 and filling them in with a Single Rider (which is how Single Rider works at all of the attractions that have it), the grouper was then asking the size of the next party in the main queue. If it was odd-numbered, they'd have the odd person out fill in the available seat with the party before. Sometimes if the next group was a small even-numbered group she'd even stick them at the back of the train to get them out of the way, hoping that the group behind *them* were an odd-number.

It was very odd, almost like she didn't want to use the Single Rider unless absolutely necessary. In fact, I think I recall seeing people who'd gotten in the Standby queue the same time we entered the Singles queue actually *pass* us near the boarding platform and ride before we did.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom