Social distanced Fantasmic coming by February.

JoeCamel

I'd just like some advice on my touring plan I have scheduled for February 30th?

I'm starting off at DHS with the Voyage of the Little Mermaid, then the Beauty & the Beast show, then the Indy Stunt Show (sounds like it's been down a few days but I used a FastPass+ on it so I hope it's back up on the day I go!). And maybe catch the cool Star Wars stage show with all my favorite characters and that March of the Stormtrooper thing?

I'm then planning to try to parkhop over to EPCOT to get onto Maelstrom and grab a bite to eat, maybe watch that Guardians of the Galaxy show if it's running, before I parkhop over to AK to try to catch the last show of the day of FOTLK.

Oh, and of course parkhop back for Fan! in the evening!

I'm not sure logistically I can make it all work. Thoughts? Suggestions? Am I overplanning?

Since shows are my priority rather than rides, should I skip Maelstrom?

;)
I'll be over at the MK for the 24 hour event. Third times the charm right?

MarvelCharacterNerd

Skip Maelstrom so that you can catch a ride on GMR before heading to Fant! The line is always short at that time of day and since you like live entertainment, you'll probably love the way GMR incorporates a live tour guide into a beautifully crafted environment with physical sets that are abundant in animatronics.
That's not a bad idea! I've only been on GMR once. I liked some of it - especially the Wizard of Oz section. It wasn't a high priority for this trip, but maybe I should go check it out again!

*adds to touring plan*

:)

MarvelCharacterNerd

Ya'll I just found out that they're closing Disney World on Feb. 29th, 30th, and 31st... This really grinds my gears as it's smack dab in the middle of my vacation!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
WHAT?! I never received a notification of those closures and I have FastPasses on the 30th and 31st!

The 29th is my Downtown Disney day - I was SO looking forward to finally visiting the Adventurer's Club!!! Tell me at least the Downtown Disney clubs will be open that night!

;)

MarvelCharacterNerd

What!?! That's when the only Illuminations shows are for the week! I was so excited to ride Horizons, see FON and go to club cool.... :cry: :cry:
Eh, you can catch Illuminations next time. That thing will run at Epcot forever! I'm more bummed about missing that Tapestry of Nations show I'd heard so much about! I wonder if it will run at all during my trip?

:D

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
WHAT?! I never received a notification of those closures and I have FastPasses on the 30th and 31st!

The 29th is my Downtown Disney day - I was SO looking forward to finally visiting the Adventurer's Club!!! Tell me at least the Downtown Disney clubs will be open that night!

;)
Sorry... And it looks like La Nouba is having it's last performances on the 31st, too.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Sorry... And it looks like La Nouba is having it's last performances on the 31st, too.
I give up. Clearly none of my plans are going to work out this trip.

I've canceled my reservations for the Galactic Starcruiser for the 29th-31st. I'm in the process of canceling my dining reservations (and I had the deluxe dining plan all lined up, too!) - though I never could even get into Space 220 - it was fully booked for all days I was going to be there. The one thing I really hate to give up is my FastPass+ for Cherry Tree Lane. I'm still not sure if it's a Meet & Greet experience or a carousel, but I refuse to spoiler myself by watching all of the ride-through videos.

Instead, I'm going to take those days I already requested off work... and go to Disneyland instead! I'm splurging on a stay at the Grand Californian and maybe I'll pop into the spa one day for a mani/pedi as a treat. And I'm making reservations for the character buffet for breakfast each morning of my stay!

Then I'll just re-book my WDW visit for the next Star Wars Weekends instead. Everything should be up and running by then.

:D

TTA94

Not specifically for F!, but I wonder what the plans are for when any nighttime show does return in terms of guest viewing? Are they just going to let everyone in to see theses shows that have a park reservation, plus the park hoppers? Seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

drew81

Not specifically for F!, but I wonder what the plans are for when any nighttime show does return in terms of guest viewing? Are they just going to let everyone in to see theses shows that have a park reservation, plus the park hoppers? Seems like a disaster waiting to happen.
I wonder when certain shows do come back, if they’ll require a reservation. Especially theater based.

wdrive

Would they be able to do some sort of firework show in the Fantasmic amphitheater? Would be much easier to control social distancing in an outdoor theater and would avoid the issue of social distancing between performers (and also save a $ or two) if they could create some firework only show in the theater

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom