Social distanced Fantasmic coming by February.

havoc315

2022 likely for all entertainment and the 50th. To be honest I wish WDW would just make a announcement for nighttime entertainment returning in 2022 so we all can stop wondering. Yeah it’s going to hurt to think we have another year to wait for fireworks, but having confirmation would at least kill the hope and wonder for this year.

I'm guessing they aren't announcing because they aren't certain.
Though I don't think any *significant* entertainment return is imminent... they probably see a window of starting to bring more stuff back anytime between summer 2021, and early 2022.

If I had to bet, I'd even say Harmonious could come this summer. (1.. social distancing is easings at World Showcase... 2... Epcot could really use a night attraction right now to actually draw people to Epcot and to help the restaurants around World Showcase).

havoc315

We have our tripped plan for December and not having nighttime spectaculars will be a deal breaker.

Let's just hope we're on the other side of the pandemic well before then.

If you are following the numbers, we are on headed on the right track. Doesn't mean we're out of the wood yet.

I'd be shocked if none of the nighttime spectaculars are back by December. They might not ALL be back. But I'd bet on Harmonious and Fantasmic by then, at a minimum.

Parker in NYC

2022 likely for all entertainment and the 50th. To be honest I wish WDW would just make a announcement for nighttime entertainment returning in 2022 so we all can stop wondering. Yeah it’s going to hurt to think we have another year to wait for fireworks, but having confirmation would at least kill the hope and wonder for this year.
Oh, I was just being my usual snarky self in regards to the thread title. Frankly, I still doesn't expect much of the nighttime entertainment to return in 2022 but that's another thread entirely. Er, threads.

TTA94

I'd be shocked if none of the nighttime spectaculars are back by December. They might not ALL be back. But I'd bet on Harmonious and Fantasmic by then, at a minimum.

With the way they have been working on Harmonious you’d think they have intentions on hopefully debuting ASAP. Although some insiders have said to expect Epcot Forever to return first. If that still stands I don’t know and I’m not sure even insiders know that answer yet.

TTA94

I mean...they literally said HarmoniUs will open in 2021. Let’s hope they don’t have to break that promise...

Some on here would say Let’s hope they do have to break that promise. Lol.

I personally don’t like either what ultimately is replacing RoE and what Epcot is becoming, however I’m still excited to see how Harmonious turns out. 🙂

havoc315

With the way they have been working on Harmonious you’d think they have intentions on hopefully debuting ASAP. Although some insiders have said to expect Epcot Forever to return first. If that still stands I don’t know and I’m not sure even insiders know that answer yet.

The rumor I've heard is they have "left over" Epcot Forever fireworks that they would want to burn off, before starting Harmonious.
If true, it only further reinforces my belief we will see fireworks come back by summer at Epcot, though it may be EF instead of Harmonious.

If the rumor is true about left-over fireworks though, I have to wonder to what extent they can simply be re-purposed for other general fireworks shows. A little extra bang for Magic Kingdom nightly... some extra shows around NYE and other holidays..

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

My wish upon a star for today: Permits were filed for F! that would allow them to adjust the entrance/exit, waiting, and seating areas to allow social distancing and then will be able to do a surprise show while we're in the parks over Spring Break.

Yes it is a compete fantasy and never going to be reality, but I'm a dreamer. 😆

Crazydisneyfanluke

The rumor I've heard is they have "left over" Epcot Forever fireworks that they would want to burn off, before starting Harmonious.
If true, it only further reinforces my belief we will see fireworks come back by summer at Epcot, though it may be EF instead of Harmonious.

If the rumor is true about left-over fireworks though, I have to wonder to what extent they can simply be re-purposed for other general fireworks shows. A little extra bang for Magic Kingdom nightly... some extra shows around NYE and other holidays..
If EPCOT has Fireworks before any other park, it will create a high demand in the evening leading to more F&B being sold. I wonder if "
A taste of X festival" is coming for the summer.

ToTBellHop

Mmmm... on a 95 degree day sipping a chilled 82 degree wine...
We enjoyed it last August. It’s complements ancient rides and no entertainment pretty well. With enough warm white wine, Living with the Land becomes a new ride to me! I swear the crocodile jumped into our boat!

This year, we are going to change it up and enjoy the pleasant spring weather during F&G in late June. I’m packing a light hoodie in case there are any spring breezes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom